[COM] Adelaide Oval Redevelopment

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Xaragmata
Super Size Scraper Poster!

[COM] Re: U/C: Adelaide Oval Redevelopment | 53,500 | $545m

#3016 Post by Xaragmata » Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:26 pm

Pics from Thursday

spiller
High Rise Poster!

#3017 Post by spiller » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:06 pm

build 'em smarter wrote:
spiller wrote:I know its not as tall as, but i'd be curious to know what the difference in height from the playing surface to the back row of the southern stand is in comparison to the MCGs Great Southern Stand.
Hey spiller, there was a link a few pages bac kthat was to the cox architects website which contained a sectional diagram comparing exactly this. Im too lazy to go find.

PS havent you left yet!
cheers will take a look. Still here in Adelaide, one week to go!

Port Adelaide Fan
High Rise Poster!

#3018 Post by Port Adelaide Fan » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:44 pm

Maybe going to Adelaide Oval tomorrow to get some photos.
Hope it is still ok for people in a wheelchairs to get in.

Kasey771
Legendary Member!

#3019 Post by Kasey771 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:52 pm

Port Adelaide Fan wrote:Maybe going to Adelaide Oval tomorrow to get some photos.
I have no doubt once it's completed it will be fully wheelchair accessible. As a construction zone though, I hope you can get to where you need/want to be safely. Post here even if you can't, I'll head in Friday afternoon myself to grab pics from the Northern mound looking South and hopefully a view of the outside of the Southern Stand from WMD.
Big infrastructure investments are usually under-valued and & over-criticized while in the planning stage. It's much easier to envision the here and now costs and inconveniences, and far more difficult to imagine fully the eventual benefits.

Pants
VIP Member
VIP Member

#3020 Post by Pants » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:36 pm

Am really interested to know whether they'll be concrete-rendering over the red bricks that face the field on the Western Stand. It looks like they will be from a few of the renders, which only show the red-brick sides and from a few recent photos, it looks like there's one concrete section where they're doing some re-work, but I'd be surprised if they do. It'll look better IMO as the reproduction bricks look a bit cheap and their being on the sides with the originals at the back, is enough.

Henwii
Gold-Member ;)

#3021 Post by Henwii » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:53 pm

Port Adelaide Fan wrote:Maybe going to Adelaide Oval tomorrow to get some photos.
I'm in a wheelchair and it was easy as pie :D

Port Adelaide Fan
High Rise Poster!

#3022 Post by Port Adelaide Fan » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:57 pm

Henwii wrote:
I'm in a wheelchair and it was easy as pie :D
Thanks for that.

spiller
High Rise Poster!

#3023 Post by spiller » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:49 pm

Pants wrote:Am really interested to know whether they'll be concrete-rendering over the red bricks that face the field on the Western Stand. It looks like they will be from a few of the renders, which only show the red-brick sides and from a few recent photos, it looks like there's one concrete section where they're doing some re-work, but I'd be surprised if they do. It'll look better IMO as the reproduction bricks look a bit cheap and their being on the sides with the originals at the back, is enough.
I agree. Those cheapo bricks never looked good in the first place and dont really have a place in modern stadia IMO

bretthandorf
Gold-Member ;)

#3024 Post by bretthandorf » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:12 pm

http://distilleryimage11.s3.amazonaws.c ... 97fc_7.jpg
Looks like they've started the roof structure on the eastern stand now
Half the eastern stand seems to be very well developed and the other half they haven't even finished the second tier, seems a bit odd to me but I'm sure they'd have some reasoning for that!

Also I was wondering about the lighting at the oval. I know that they removed the lights earlier but not sure if they did anything to them. They were fine for the old AO but the new one will be so much bigger...

fifty
High Rise Poster!

#3025 Post by fifty » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:20 pm

I think they might be prioritising the roof structure on the Eastern stand, as that seems to require a crane mounted on the playing surface (refer southern stand). Obviously they need the oval vacated asap to get the turf installed and established before the cricket.

bretthandorf
Gold-Member ;)

#3026 Post by bretthandorf » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:06 am

Kasey771 wrote:
I have no doubt once it's completed it will be fully wheelchair accessible. As a construction zone though, I hope you can get to where you need/want to be safely. Post here even if you can't, I'll head in Friday afternoon myself to grab pics from the Northern mound looking South and hopefully a view of the outside of the Southern Stand from WMD.
If possible could any of you get some pics of the western stand? Interested to see if they've made much progress on the weatherproofing/media centre/coaches boxes :)

Kasey771
Legendary Member!

#3027 Post by Kasey771 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:04 am

bretthandorf wrote:
Kasey771 wrote:
If possible could any of you get some pics of the western stand? Interested to see if they've made much progress on the weatherproofing/media centre/coaches boxes :)
I'll do my best mate. I usually park up and enter at the Clarrie Grimmett gates and I remember having a good view of the externals of the Northern end of the Western stand from my last picture trek.
Big infrastructure investments are usually under-valued and & over-criticized while in the planning stage. It's much easier to envision the here and now costs and inconveniences, and far more difficult to imagine fully the eventual benefits.

mattblack
Legendary Member!

#3028 Post by mattblack » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:49 am

bretthandorf wrote:
Kasey771 wrote:
The coaches boxes are on the bottom teir of the western stand and seem complete and ready to be fitted out. The media centre at the top of the western stand is still a work in progess, not weather proof yet but not far off. Its been a pretty big job as they also had to extend both the lift shafts another level for access. The teal seats are also going in on the bottom teir of the Southern stand and last time I was there they were sealing the concrete steps on the bottom teir of the eastern stand ready for seating to be put in place. With the lights, they have replaced all the bulbs in the lights for better illumination of the playing surface to come up to spec for international football matches.

They were also doing a fair bit of work on the upper sections of the western stand on the northern. Dont know what that is about but extending facilities like more food outlets in that stand would be my guess.

bretthandorf
Gold-Member ;)

#3029 Post by bretthandorf » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:26 pm

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/Content/ ... deOval.pdf

Not sure how many saca members there are but the amount of seating the've given them seems a bit extravagant. I really hope they don't do the same for AFL games because you will find there will be a lot of spare seats on match day. They cant even fill the current members stand at AAMI!