[COM] Adelaide Oval Redevelopment

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Matt
Legendary Member!

[COM] Re: U/C: Adelaide Oval Redevelopment | 53,500 | $545m

#3196 Post by Matt » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:20 am

Great clip of various bits of construction including Adelaide Oval, the footbridge, Vic Square...

http://youtu.be/apzLRUB0X3s

Matt
Legendary Member!

#3197 Post by Matt » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:34 am

...and another slightly longer one with a couple of different angles.

Via TheNewsTunnel on YouTube.

http://m.youtube.com/user/TheNewsTunnel ... QmzRa2BzoM

Maximus
Legendary Member!

#3198 Post by Maximus » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:03 am

I was about to post that those videos looked like they'd been done with a drone copter-cam thingy. Then I noticed that 'The News Tunnel' has itself subscribed to a drone-related YouTube channel. I wonder if they got/needed permission to fly over the top of those developments for the filming...?
It's = it is; its = everything else.
You're = you are; your = belongs to.
Than = comparative ("bigger than"); then = next.

ghs
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#3199 Post by ghs » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:24 pm

I drove past at about 11pm last night and there were a few people onsite working.

There's still a fair bit of work to do in terms of growing the turf on the ground.

Sure they'll have to get the grass down fairly soon. Can't just put it in at the end of
December.

cruel_world00
Donating Member
Donating Member

#3200 Post by cruel_world00 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:56 pm

ghs wrote:I drove past at about 11pm last night and there were a few people onsite working.

There's still a fair bit of work to do in terms of growing the turf on the ground.

Sure they'll have to get the grass down fairly soon. Can't just put it in at the end of
December.

It has to be in and ready to go for the Ashes which is in November. So no, it won't be put in at the end of December.

ghs

#3201 Post by ghs » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:28 pm

sorry I meant the end of november.

justinpa1
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#3202 Post by justinpa1 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:28 pm

Has anyone noticed that there is a number of blocked sightlines in the Southern stand? If you look on the virtual stadium in bays 520 & 529 you lose about a fifth of the playing surface! Im glad I didn't get allocated to sit there.

Im loving all the photos, it's been so hard to find any up to date photos of the redevelopment.

[Shuz]

#3203 Post by [Shuz] » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:25 pm

justinpa1 wrote:Has anyone noticed that there is a number of blocked sightlines in the Southern stand? If you look on the virtual stadium in bays 520 & 529 you lose about a fifth of the playing surface! Im glad I didn't get allocated to sit there.

Im loving all the photos, it's been so hard to find any up to date photos of the redevelopment.
Not just the Southern Stand, but also up the back against the concrete V's of the new Eastern stand - you can't see at least 1/5th of the field. Also sightlines to the video screens are shocking from most angles.
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

Nathan

#3204 Post by Nathan » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:29 pm

justinpa1 wrote:Has anyone noticed that there is a number of blocked sightlines in the Southern stand? If you look on the virtual stadium in bays 520 & 529 you lose about a fifth of the playing surface! Im glad I didn't get allocated to sit there.
Not sure how you measured "about a fifth". Just had a look at the virtual stadium in those bays, and the stadium wall blocks off small bits of the boundary. Might be a bit worse if you're right up against the wall (the virtual view seems to be about 4 or 5 seats in), but even then, I doubt it would be as much as a fifth of the ground.

jk1237
Donating Member
Donating Member

#3206 Post by jk1237 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:03 pm

[Shuz] wrote:

Not just the Southern Stand, but also up the back against the concrete V's of the new Eastern stand - you can't see at least 1/5th of the field. Also sightlines to the video screens are shocking from most angles.
I personally believe you're all wrong and the virtual look is not 100% correct, and is probably based on seat height rather than head height. When I had a look in person last week, the concrete V's at the top of the eastern stand wont block one single millimetre of the ground. Infact standing right at the back of the hill (under the TV tower) was right in line with the side of the V, meaning that even the person sitting right next to the V would not only see the whole playing field, but almost the whole hill apart from the old scoreboard, when looking to their right.

I really don't think we would employ architects and engineers to build a modern stadium where some seats will see a little bit of the oval, and I bet anything that every seat views 99.9% of the playing surface perfectly

Pants
VIP Member
VIP Member

#3207 Post by Pants » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:37 am

Except the ones directly behind the players' dugout.

TooFar
Gold-Member ;)

#3208 Post by TooFar » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:25 pm

ghs wrote:I drove past at about 11pm last night and there were a few people onsite working.

December.
The turf is currently growing down at Langhorne Creek and will be transplanted after all the ground works are complete.
http://www.victorharbortimes.com.au/sto ... aide-oval/

Vee
Legendary Member!

#3210 Post by Vee » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:01 pm

TooFar wrote: The turf is currently growing down at Langhorne Creek and will be transplanted after all the ground works are complete.
http://www.victorharbortimes.com.au/sto ... aide-oval/
Thanks for that information, TooFar.
Bormann Turf at Langhorne Creek was sought after for the job of supplying the new grass for the redevelopment of the world renowned cricket venue. The 2.2 hectare turf nursery will be ready to harvest and roll up into a whopping 72 semi-trailer loads at the end of August and transported to the ground.
Wow! 72 semi-trailer loads of turf!
Great to see the local involvement in the expertise, resources and development of the hallowed AO turf.
"We feel quite privileged to be a part of it, especially a small local family business to show that South Australia can step up to the plate in these high profile jobs."
Well done, Scott Bormann and team.