[VIS] CBD Heliport

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Nathan
Super Size Scraper Poster!

[VIS] Re: CBD Heliport

#16 Post by Nathan » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:21 pm

Pikey wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:02 pm
This site had been earmarked for a 24,000 seat rectangular stadium, I'm guessing that's not the case now.
It had also been earmarked for the replacement city skate park, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

[Shuz]

#17 Post by [Shuz] » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:50 pm

24000 seat stadium? I'm assuming there's a floating grandstand on the Torrens tbat floats off down stream mid match?
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

Pikey
VIP Member
VIP Member

#18 Post by Pikey » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:53 pm

[Shuz] wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:50 pm
24000 seat stadium? I'm assuming there's a floating grandstand on the Torrens tbat floats off down stream mid match?
Have a look at the footprint of Hindmarsh then compare it to this site with railway line coverage...
Walking on over....

| Sensational-Adelaide.com Moderator |

Patrick_27

#19 Post by Patrick_27 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:50 pm

Wrong site, the rectangular stadium was proposed for the site of the Thebarton Police Barracks, it's was merely a pipe-dream from some investor involved with A United.

ChillyPhilly

#20 Post by ChillyPhilly » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:19 pm

There is no site earmarked for a new rectangular stadium as far as is known.
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

Patrick_27

#21 Post by Patrick_27 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:47 am

ChillyPhilly wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:19 pm
There is no site earmarked for a new rectangular stadium as far as is known.
I couldn't find the original article that had the picture, but here's a link to the ausstadium forums that have the article quoted in full.

http://www.austadiums.com/forum/viewtop ... 8&start=15

GrowAdelaide
High Rise Poster!

#22 Post by GrowAdelaide » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:23 am

Not happening according to The Advertiser - too noisy for the people in the inner suburbs!!!!

[Shuz]

#23 Post by [Shuz] » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:12 am

Lets just ban cars and planes and music festivals and people talking and ruffling papers because they all make too much noise.
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

Patrick_27

#24 Post by Patrick_27 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:33 pm

[Shuz] wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:12 am
Lets just ban cars and planes and music festivals and people talking and ruffling papers because they all make too much noise.
Well, the difference is with all those things you've mentioned... Musical festivals usually only last for one day or a weekend, planes have been using the current flight path before a lot of the suburbs they fly low over were even residential (so people knew what they were buying into) and whilst amass of cars do make noise a lot of people are accustomed to it. Helicopters are a whole different issue, having lived nearby the Yarra in Southbank, Melbourne; the leisure helicopters that would land alongside the banks of the Yarra the noise was consistently awful. If people insist on saving themselves time in getting out to the wine regions and such, go to the airport and use the facilities already provided there. The only reason this proposal took off in the first place was because that rich prick Councillor Abaid the man who only caters for the interests of himself and his friends wanted to such a facility to take advantage of himself. This space could be far better used and available for everyone, not just the rich minority.

mattblack
Legendary Member!

#25 Post by mattblack » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:20 pm

Patrick_27 wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:33 pm
[Shuz] wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:12 am
Well, the difference is with all those things you've mentioned... Musical festivals usually only last for one day or a weekend, planes have been using the current flight path before a lot of the suburbs they fly low over were even residential (so people knew what they were buying into) and whilst amass of cars do make noise a lot of people are accustomed to it. Helicopters are a whole different issue, having lived nearby the Yarra in Southbank, Melbourne; the leisure helicopters that would land alongside the banks of the Yarra the noise was consistently awful. If people insist on saving themselves time in getting out to the wine regions and such, go to the airport and use the facilities already provided there. The only reason this proposal took off in the first place was because that rich prick Councillor Abaid the man who only caters for the interests of himself and his friends wanted to such a facility to take advantage of himself. This space could be far better used and available for everyone, not just the rich minority.
Sounds like your standing in front of the mirror "taking advantage of yourself" with some of those comments.

Llessur2002

[VIS] [VIS] Re: CBD Heliport

#26 Post by Llessur2002 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:30 pm

I'm generally quite pro development and on the face of it a helipad would be an interesting and fairly novel addition to the city. However, I also have big concerns about the noise - we visited Port Arthur recently where there is a helipad used for scenic flights and the noise was pretty much constant and *incredibly* loud - even from the far side of the site. If it were only a couple of flights a day then this is unlikely to be an issue but if popularity and therefore frequency increases in time then it could significantly detract from the ambience of the Riverbank precinct and other areas of the city. I think we need to be careful what wish for with this one...

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

[VIS] Re: [VIS] Re: CBD Heliport

#27 Post by monotonehell » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:34 pm

Llessur2002 wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:30 pm
I'm generally quite pro development and on the face of it a helipad would be an interesting and fairly novel addition to the city. However, I also have big concerns about the noise - we visited Port Arthur recently where there is a helipad used for scenic flights and the noise was pretty much constant and *incredibly* loud - even from the far side of the site. If it were only a couple of flights a day then this is unlikely to be an issue but if popularity and therefore frequency increases in time then it could significantly detract from the ambience of the Riverbank precinct and other areas of the city. I think we need to be careful what wish for with this one...
I don't know if people are forgetting that the newRAH will have two helipads next door with the associated noise which us East Enders are used to from the oldRAH.
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

Llessur2002

[VIS] [VIS] Re: CBD Heliport

#28 Post by Llessur2002 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:54 pm

It's slightly easier to accept the noise caused by an emergency helicopter than those doing frequent short trips for rich tourists.

bits
Legendary Member!

#29 Post by bits » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:23 am

Put a hot air balloon on this riverbank site and leave helicopters for Adelaide/Parafield airports.

As has been said Adelaide Airport is so close it just isn't needed.

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#30 Post by monotonehell » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:21 pm

bits wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:23 am
Put a hot air balloon on this riverbank site and leave helicopters for Adelaide/Parafield airports.

As has been said Adelaide Airport is so close it just isn't needed.
Agree that the heliports at Adelaide Airport are plenty close enough. But I don't think putting a hot air balloon under a major glide path is something that will be approved.
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.