Interactive Map of Adelaide CBD Development

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Fabrice
Sen-Rookie-Sational

Re: Interactive Map of Adelaide CBD Development

#106 Post by Fabrice » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:43 pm

Algernon wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:28 pm
Fabrice, that's top shelf. A couple of things

1) are you able to put in a couple more heights like 200m and 250m above ground?

2) is it easy to introduce different camera positions? For example above the East End or somewhere in the West?

I'll do that when I have a bit of free time.
www.aero3Dpro.com.au

Fabrice
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#107 Post by Fabrice » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:46 pm

slenderman wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:58 pm
I was going to wait until piling commences on Realm Adelaide so I could turn it grey before posting an update, but since we've had a few new proposals and there's a little bit of interest, here's my update. I can't really compete with Fabrice's professional, realistic looking model, but my model is currently a bit more accurate with the proposals.

It's not yet at proposal stage, but obviously the most noticeable thing is that I've added in "The Building Formerly Known as DOMINATOR 1" since CDJ's updates. Also added in are the new proposals for North Terrace, Gray Street and Kodo Stage 2. The GPO tower has switched from cyan to grey as it is now under construction with piling starting. 265 South Terrace is now complete and so it's now purple. I've improved some of the building models (such as Vue and Optus) and added in some of the Riverbank buildings. That's still a bit of a work-in-progress, as I think there's some high rises on the old RAH site and Adelaide Uni that need to be put in.

I probably should have deleted Solea since it seems to be dead, and there's also a height reduction in order for Two Adelaide, but I've left it as is until a new height is confirmed.

But that's about it for now. Enjoy.

DOMINATOR 1 was actually a pretty appropriate name for this building when you view it from the south and east. It makes Realm and the Adelaidean seem tiny.
Slenderman,

would you be able to share those 3D block models? I could integrate them into the 360 renders.
www.aero3Dpro.com.au

[Shuz]
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#108 Post by [Shuz] » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:55 pm

Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

madelaide
Gold-Member ;)

#109 Post by madelaide » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:00 pm

Adelaide Heights Diagram - updated February 2018
Attachments
Adelaide Heights Diagram v6.pdf
(393.83 KiB) Downloaded 484 times

slenderman
High Rise Poster!

#110 Post by slenderman » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:21 am

I suppose it's a good time for an update. With piling commencing on the Adelaidean and a crane base at Realm, I'm suitably convinced that they're both going to go ahead, so I've turned them both slate grey. Gray Street and the East Terrace apartments have also joined team grey.

Bohem, 228 North Terrace, the ugly Waymouth Street student accommodation and presumably the UniSA building on North Terrace are complete, so they're now purple.

U2 is now light grey since construction has been put on hold.

White buildings are those that currently exist but whose decade of construction I don't know. I quickly realised this would be very time consuming to finish, so I don't know if I'll ever find the time to "complete" the map with these.

I've omitted every vision/proposal for now, as I find them a tad distracting, and there haven't been too many recently. So this is an idea of what the skyline will *definitely* look like in a few years, provided there are no more U2 situations.
1.png
1.png (80.07 KiB) Viewed 12711 times
2.png
2.png (222.44 KiB) Viewed 12711 times
3.png
3.png (151.67 KiB) Viewed 12711 times

slenderman
High Rise Poster!

#111 Post by slenderman » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:22 am

And a couple more for good measure:
4.png
4.png (34.77 KiB) Viewed 12710 times
5.png
5.png (360.53 KiB) Viewed 12710 times

[Shuz]

#112 Post by [Shuz] » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:54 am

Missing the Festival Plaza office tower.
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

Nathan

#113 Post by Nathan » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:54 pm

[Shuz] wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:54 am
Missing the Festival Plaza office tower.
I've omitted every vision/proposal for now

[Shuz]

#114 Post by [Shuz] » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:17 pm

It's not a vision / proposal. It's under construction. Have any of you not seen the Festival Theatre / Plaza thread and seen all the construction photos?

Mpol03
Legendary Member!

#115 Post by Mpol03 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:05 pm

So the tower is definitely under construction? I was of the impression it was just the plaza at this stage. The impact on this area will be BIG considering it is over 100m.

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#116 Post by SRW » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:29 pm

I thought that it was only the carpark and plaza currently under construction? The tower is later, separate stage.
Keep Adelaide Weird

Algernon

#117 Post by Algernon » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:26 pm

The developer of the Festival Plaza office tower applied for an additional 2 year period on top of the standard approval. They don't intend to build the tower proper for up to 6 years. It's in the planning documents. Anything you see being built may be shared infrastructure like underground parking. It 100% isn't the tower proper.

Nort

#118 Post by Nort » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:00 pm

Algernon wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:26 pm
The developer of the Festival Plaza office tower applied for an additional 2 year period on top of the standard approval. They don't intend to build the tower proper for up to 6 years. It's in the planning documents. Anything you see being built may be shared infrastructure like underground parking. It 100% isn't the tower proper.
I'm really surprised at this part of it, because the tower is so much of the landscaping of the square. What are they going to do with the area that will be the footprint of the tower? Have it basic and stick out as the unfinished part? Landscape it will in a waste considering it's intended to be dug up in the short term?

If Festival Square becomes a used space before the tower is built then it will be disrupted by the building of the tower. If it doesn't get used until then it will be an empty space seen as a waste.

Really really curious what the short-medium term plans for that space are.

Fabrice
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#119 Post by Fabrice » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:52 am

I'm making a CBD development activity map as of March 2018.
Could I get some feedback regarding the accuracy of the data shown?

Green: Under Construction
Orange: Approved
Yellow: Proposed

Cheers,

Fabrice
www.aero3Dpro.com.au

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#120 Post by Ben » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:08 am

Looks Great.

Realm and Adelaidean are now under construction.

I'm not aware of any proposals for the corner of Pirie and Frome where the volleyball courts are? you have an orange building there.

You could add Market street as under construction.

Coglin street as a proposal (23 level apartments) and 42 Franklin as a proposal too. 21 storey office.