[U/C] Festival Plaza Redevelopment | $800 million

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Waewick
Super Size Scraper Poster!

[U/C] Re: Festival Plaza Redevelopment | $800 million

Post by Waewick »

Hopefully whichever one wins, it's on architectural merit, not government interference

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

Post by SRW »

Waewick wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:15 pm
Hopefully whichever one wins, it's on architectural merit, not government interference

It's a government contract, so I don't know how you'd limit 'interference'. And I'm not sure architectural merit is a leading concern for Services Australia.

For my own, I'd rather see Charter Hall's project get up (with heritage building retained) as I both dislike Walker's oversized proposal and think that the Southern Cross rebuild would better benefit the city.
Keep Adelaide Weird
Waewick
Super Size Scraper Poster!

[U/C] Re: [U/C] Re: Festival Plaza Redevelopment | $800 million

Post by Waewick »

SRW wrote:
Waewick wrote:

It's a government contract, so I don't know how you'd limit 'interference'. And I'm not sure architectural merit is a leading concern for Services Australia.

For my own, I'd rather see Charter Hall's project get up (with heritage building retained) as I both dislike Walker's oversized proposal and think that the Southern Cross rebuild would better benefit the city.
So we have a federal agency looking for floor space between competing interests with one providing a State Government an opportunity to 'finish' a project.

Said state government is also the same colour as Federal Government.

Do I need to spell it out even more for you?

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

[U/C] Re: [U/C] Re: Festival Plaza Redevelopment | $800 million

Post by SRW »

Waewick wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:32 pm
SRW wrote:
Waewick wrote:

So we have a federal agency looking for floor space between competing interests with one providing a State Government an opportunity to 'finish' a project.

Said state government is also the same colour as Federal Government.

Do I need to spell it out even more for you?

If you reread my post, you'll see this was entirely an exercise for yourself. I've no illusions about the probity standards of this government.
Keep Adelaide Weird
AndyWelsh
High Rise Poster!

Post by AndyWelsh »

From today:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk