[CAN] 1-8 North Terrace | 108m | 2 x 32 Levels | Apartments

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Algernon
Super Size Scraper Poster!

[CAN] Re: 1-8 North Terrace | 82m | 2 x 24 Levels | Apartments

#31 Post by Algernon » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:09 am

How are they financing this thing? Are the apartments even on the market yet?

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#32 Post by Norman » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:55 pm

Algernon wrote:How are they financing this thing? Are the apartments even on the market yet?
I saw some ads on the trams about this development, but haven't visited the website as of yet. I would say that sales have commenced.

phenom
High Rise Poster!

#33 Post by phenom » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:32 pm

wilkiebarkid wrote:From the Sunday Mail today.

The last night of trading for HQ nightclub is 28 January 2017. To make way for the construction of this development.
I still can't quite get my head around the possibility/probability of them getting CASA approval despite the almost unbelievable (50m+) breach of OLS? I wish there was more information online to track the progression of these proposals through all the regulatory redtape.

Algernon

#34 Post by Algernon » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:47 pm

phenom wrote:

The last night of trading for HQ nightclub is 28 January 2017. To make way for the construction of this development.
I still can't quite get my head around the possibility/probability of them getting CASA approval despite the almost unbelievable (50m+) breach of OLS? I wish there was more information online to track the progression of these proposals through all the regulatory redtape.
No progress to track, it's approved.

phenom
High Rise Poster!

#35 Post by phenom » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:58 am

Algernon wrote:
phenom wrote:

No progress to track, it's approved.
Cool. And you know this how? That's what I'm asking.

HQ closing means nothing. Siteworks actually beginning is the only way one would seem to know for sure they gained approval (of CASA/DIRD, not DAC).

Brando
Donating Member
Donating Member

#36 Post by Brando » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:20 am

It's anyone's guess... but HQ closing does mean loss of revenue for the site. I don't think he will shut this down and let it sit there like the Planet site has.

I'm sure further details will be announced soon.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#37 Post by Ben » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:15 pm

I wonder how these sales are going, given that HQ closes in 6 weeks and they don't have a display centre. Maybe they will make one at the site when HQ closes.

PeFe

#38 Post by PeFe » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:04 pm

Maybe the developer is waiting for the hospital to open...or at least have some sort of definite time frame, ie hospital opening q3 2017.
This would allow the developer to design a marketing campaign that maximizes the hospital publicity.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#39 Post by Ben » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:15 pm

http://www.onenorthterrace.com.au/

Still says construction February 2017.

wilkiebarkid
Donating Member
Donating Member

#40 Post by wilkiebarkid » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:35 pm

I was on West Terrace on Monday and Philip Street next to BMW Adelaide was closed off with a large drilling machine parked in it.

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#41 Post by Norman » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:37 pm

That's for the RAH I believe, they are doing some further infrastructure works.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#42 Post by crawf » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:51 pm

HQ closed its doors on Saturday. Closing of a big chapter in Adelaide's nightlife scene.

We should see the former nightclub demolished very soon (excluding Newmarket)

wilkiebarkid
Donating Member
Donating Member

#43 Post by wilkiebarkid » Wed May 10, 2017 12:31 pm

crawf wrote:HQ closed its doors on Saturday. Closing of a big chapter in Adelaide's nightlife scene.

We should see the former nightclub demolished very soon (excluding Newmarket)
Anyone know where this one is at? No sign of any activity here!

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#44 Post by rev » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:17 am

North Terrace tower approvals quashed following appeal by Adelaide’s ‘carpark king’ Damian Lester
Renato Castello, Urban Development Editor, The Messenger
September 16, 2020 9:10am
Subscriber only

Adelaide carpark baron Damian Lester has successfully challenged the construction of a $200m twin apartment towers next to the Newmarket Hotel.

The Supreme Court today quashed the state planning commission’s 2016 approval of the proposed development on the corner of West Terrace and North Terrace, which was to involve the partial demolition of the state heritage-listed Newmarket, construction of a three-storey hotel and two 24-storey buildings containing 400 apartments replacing the former HQ nightclub.

Mr Lester, director of the Park Fast chain and owner of land next to the Newmarket proposal, had sought a judicial review of the approval arguing the rival project was a non-complying development, was not set back far enough from neighbours and that the commission had erred in its handling of the application.

Supreme Court Justice Greg Parker dismissed most of Mr Lester’s complaints but still quashed the approval, finding that “on the balance of probabilities” the commission had failed to consider appropriate set-backs for the development.

Justice Parker said the commission had incorporated into its decision documents that were “inconsistent, and in some instances wrong, as to the position of the (project’s) eastern boundary”.

“I find that (the commission) failed to have regard to the set-back requirement … as it was misled as to the position of the eastern boundary of the subject land,” he said.

He said that he was satisfied on the “balance of probabilities” that the errors in the information provided to the planning commission by the project’s architect and DPTI had resulted in the commission “failing to take into account a relevant consideration” on set-backs.

The decision will likely mean that developers One North Terrace Pty Ltd will have to submit a revised application to the planning commission.

Mr Lester’s case was heard over a five-day trial in September 2017 but judgment had been delayed pending settlement negotiations between Mr Lester and One North Terrace Pty Ltd which broke down in August last year, according to Justice Parker’s judgment.

Mr Lester has planning approval for a nine-storey carpark and a 16-storey hotel on either side of the Newmarket site.

In 2013 he had unveiled ambitious plans for a $150m office and hotel development on his North Terrace and West Terrace properties.
https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/messenge ... 0ecb9f28ed

ozisnowman
High Rise Poster!

#45 Post by ozisnowman » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:24 pm

rev wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:17 am
North Terrace tower approvals quashed following appeal by Adelaide’s ‘carpark king’ Damian Lester
Renato Castello, Urban Development Editor, The Messenger
September 16, 2020 9:10am
Subscriber only

Adelaide carpark baron Damian Lester has successfully challenged the construction of a $200m twin apartment towers next to the Newmarket Hotel.

The Supreme Court today quashed the state planning commission’s 2016 approval of the proposed development on the corner of West Terrace and North Terrace, which was to involve the partial demolition of the state heritage-listed Newmarket, construction of a three-storey hotel and two 24-storey buildings containing 400 apartments replacing the former HQ nightclub.

Mr Lester, director of the Park Fast chain and owner of land next to the Newmarket proposal, had sought a judicial review of the approval arguing the rival project was a non-complying development, was not set back far enough from neighbours and that the commission had erred in its handling of the application.

Supreme Court Justice Greg Parker dismissed most of Mr Lester’s complaints but still quashed the approval, finding that “on the balance of probabilities” the commission had failed to consider appropriate set-backs for the development.

Justice Parker said the commission had incorporated into its decision documents that were “inconsistent, and in some instances wrong, as to the position of the (project’s) eastern boundary”.

“I find that (the commission) failed to have regard to the set-back requirement … as it was misled as to the position of the eastern boundary of the subject land,” he said.

He said that he was satisfied on the “balance of probabilities” that the errors in the information provided to the planning commission by the project’s architect and DPTI had resulted in the commission “failing to take into account a relevant consideration” on set-backs.

The decision will likely mean that developers One North Terrace Pty Ltd will have to submit a revised application to the planning commission.

Mr Lester’s case was heard over a five-day trial in September 2017 but judgment had been delayed pending settlement negotiations between Mr Lester and One North Terrace Pty Ltd which broke down in August last year, according to Justice Parker’s judgment.

Mr Lester has planning approval for a nine-storey carpark and a 16-storey hotel on either side of the Newmarket site.

In 2013 he had unveiled ambitious plans for a $150m office and hotel development on his North Terrace and West Terrace properties.
https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/messenge ... 0ecb9f28ed
That is pure madness from the courts. Why are the courts bowing over backwards to a carpark king.

Just what this state needs more of CAR PARKS...

He is only interested in keeping his carpark available to those wanting cheaper parking than that on offer in the hospital. He should not be given any special privilege