[CAN] 207 Pulteney Street | 180m | 55 Levels | Mixed Use

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
GrowAdelaide
High Rise Poster!

[CAN] Re: 207 Pulteney Street | 195m | 60 Levels | Mixed Use

#136 Post by GrowAdelaide » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:24 pm

CDJ wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:36 pm
Work is continuing on 207 Pulteney (not called Dominator 1 - that working name was dropped last year). The technical preparation ahead of approval process is underway. It is not a short process as I'm sure most of you would understand. At this stage the project is definitely still proceeding, with intent to build the tallest building permitted.
JWDT and Datong aren't the same entity. Datong's specific cashflow issues are not affecting 207 Pulteney.
Sorry I'm going to be the sceptic here - would you be able to explain why the JWDT website still claims the following:

"In 2016 JWDT Group acquired a block of land in the core area of Adelaide CBD, and will develop an iconic building, namely DOMINATOR 1, on the site. The project will be a high rise building with conference center, a high-end boutique hotel and city skyline apartments, it is scheduled to be officially introduced to the market in 2017, and fully launched in 2018."

I personally would have thought they'd update key info...

HiTouch
Legendary Member!

#137 Post by HiTouch » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:40 pm

GrowAdelaide wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:24 pm
CDJ wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:36 pm
Work is continuing on 207 Pulteney (not called Dominator 1 - that working name was dropped last year). The technical preparation ahead of approval process is underway. It is not a short process as I'm sure most of you would understand. At this stage the project is definitely still proceeding, with intent to build the tallest building permitted.
JWDT and Datong aren't the same entity. Datong's specific cashflow issues are not affecting 207 Pulteney.
Sorry I'm going to be the sceptic here - would you be able to explain why the JWDT website still claims the following:

"In 2016 JWDT Group acquired a block of land in the core area of Adelaide CBD, and will develop an iconic building, namely DOMINATOR 1, on the site. The project will be a high rise building with conference center, a high-end boutique hotel and city skyline apartments, it is scheduled to be officially introduced to the market in 2017, and fully launched in 2018."

I personally would have thought they'd update key info...
Going for a reach here but maybe "introduced to the market" means researched and introduced to their projects and "launched" means that the actual development is proposed

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#138 Post by Ben » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:44 pm

I'd also suggest that although Datong was not 100% owner of this project, them going into administration would effect this proposal unless the other party decides to go it alone. Which is what I would advise if they could afford to do so, as I certainly wouldn't touch anything that has been near Datong and neither would a lot of Adelaide people being a conservative city and seeing what their past projects have delivered (or not delivered).

timtam20292
Legendary Member!

#139 Post by timtam20292 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:50 pm

Ben makes a few good points there.

Nort
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#140 Post by Nort » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:58 pm

Even if this project doesn't happen I think it will be a good thing to have a significantly taller proposal put forth while the current building boom is going on, getting people thinking about what the city could be.

1990crow
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#141 Post by 1990crow » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:46 pm

Project taken off the JWDT website. Could be dead.

Nort

#142 Post by Nort » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:46 pm

1990crow wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:46 pm
Project taken off the JWDT website. Could be dead.
Hopefully CDJ will let us know if the project has been abandoned.

Mpol03
Legendary Member!

#143 Post by Mpol03 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:59 pm

As I las recall CDJ has said this is still very much alive with a lot of support. I don’t know if this support has changed with the new Liberal gov however.

Nort

#144 Post by Nort » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:15 pm

Mpol03 wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:59 pm
As I las recall CDJ has said this is still very much alive with a lot of support. I don’t know if this support has changed with the new Liberal gov however.
The Internet Archive Wayback Machine shows that as of mid-April (since the last posts about this site) the JWDT site still had the message, so it's been removed since then.

CDJ
High Rise Poster!

#145 Post by CDJ » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:07 pm

The project is definitely not dead. The team is working hard on it. There are now many stakeholder meetings taking place. Change of government has not affected support for the project. As with any significant project, all of us have confidentiality requirements. What I will say is that it's a fantastic team and the right people have come together to give the project the best chance of succeeding. We need it to succeed because it's bigger than the project itself - it's about the future of the state. Until we get this done, the beige Westpac building sits there mocking all of us and reminding our young people that this is a city which resists progress!

Patrick_27

#146 Post by Patrick_27 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:53 pm

CDJ wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:07 pm
The project is definitely not dead. The team is working hard on it. There are now many stakeholder meetings taking place. Change of government has not affected support for the project. As with any significant project, all of us have confidentiality requirements. What I will say is that it's a fantastic team and the right people have come together to give the project the best chance of succeeding. We need it to succeed because it's bigger than the project itself - it's about the future of the state. Until we get this done, the beige Westpac building sits there mocking all of us and reminding our young people that this is a city which resists progress!
Sorry but I'm calling bullshit on your comments, this project came to light over year ago and you've said that we'd see more about it by this point and here we are still waiting for so much as a semi-detailed project brief.

Nort

#147 Post by Nort » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:10 pm

Patrick_27 wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:53 pm
CDJ wrote:
Sorry but I'm calling bullshit on your comments, this project came to light over year ago and you've said that we'd see more about it by this point and here we are still waiting for so much as a semi-detailed project brief.
Chill out Patrick, CDJ has had enough hints in the past turn out correct to think he is legit.

Pants
VIP Member
VIP Member

#148 Post by Pants » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:17 pm

Patrick_27 wrote:
CDJ wrote:
I'm pretty sure CDJ would not give a single f**k about whether you believe him or not, but for what it's worth, I'm in a position to back him up on this one. The project's not dead.

Mpol03
Legendary Member!

#149 Post by Mpol03 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:07 pm

Pants wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:17 pm
Patrick_27 wrote:
CDJ wrote:
I'm pretty sure CDJ would not give a single f**k about whether you believe him or not, but for what it's worth, I'm in a position to back him up on this one. The project's not dead.
Thanks for clarifying guys.
I truely hope this has an iconic design. Something that will transform our skyline and not just ... exist as our tallest.

Prodical
High Rise Poster!

#150 Post by Prodical » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:26 pm

I certainly hope this one commences - it is a good time for private sector construction in the CBD and there is a level of activity happening that I have never experienced, even "back in the day". But I must comment that this forum is comprised of interested people who contribute their time and their insights. There is no point in posting any negative comment that can be interpreted as personal. We all act in good faith - so thanks a lot for the update and hopefully something special will be proposed.