[U/C] 269 North Terrace | 118m | 36 Levels | Student accommodation

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
User avatar
rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)
Posts: 4711
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:14 pm

[U/C] Re: 269 North Terrace | 118m | 36 Levels | Student accommodation

Post by rev »

SBD wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:13 pm
ghs wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:24 am
The building companies such as Synergy must be disappointed with this unnecessary lockdown. Three stagnant days where the site bleeds money paying for equipment which it leases. The 2022 election cannot come quickly enough.
The "unnecessary" lockdown appears to be stopping South Australia from replacing Victoria as the national hotspot of COVID-19. I take it that Victorian construction continued unabated during their shutdown? We've had less than a week of tighter shutdowns to avoid more extended restrictions.
You do know that the lockdown was based on a lie told by a pizza bar worker? That means it's not necessary, because if he told the truth they wouldn't have put us into lockdown. They put us into lockdown because of the false information that he gave the contract tracers.

The reason we've been kept in lockdown despite them knowing he lied now, until midnight tonight, is so that they can catch up on lost ground because of the lie told that basically sent them on a wild goose chase. It's better that we have very short term inconvenience then potentially the long term inconveniences suffered by our fellow Australians in Victoria.
Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member
Posts: 7051
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:46 am
Location: Adelaide

[U/C] Re: 269 North Terrace | 118m | 36 Levels | Student accommodation

Post by Ben »

It would be literally only 2 days given today was over 35 they would have shut anyway. Not a big deal in the scheme of things. Sites can and have been shut down for longer due to other reasons such as safety ect
SBD
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 1685
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:49 pm
Location: Blakeview

[U/C] Re: 269 North Terrace | 118m | 36 Levels | Student accommodation

Post by SBD »

rev wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:29 pm
SBD wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:13 pm
ghs wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:24 am
The building companies such as Synergy must be disappointed with this unnecessary lockdown. Three stagnant days where the site bleeds money paying for equipment which it leases. The 2022 election cannot come quickly enough.
The "unnecessary" lockdown appears to be stopping South Australia from replacing Victoria as the national hotspot of COVID-19. I take it that Victorian construction continued unabated during their shutdown? We've had less than a week of tighter shutdowns to avoid more extended restrictions.
You do know that the lockdown was based on a lie told by a pizza bar worker? That means it's not necessary, because if he told the truth they wouldn't have put us into lockdown. They put us into lockdown because of the false information that he gave the contract tracers.

The reason we've been kept in lockdown despite them knowing he lied now, until midnight tonight, is so that they can catch up on lost ground because of the lie told that basically sent them on a wild goose chase. It's better that we have very short term inconvenience then potentially the long term inconveniences suffered by our fellow Australians in Victoria.
I know that was a contributing factor that tipped the balance into locking this hard, this fast. It was not the only factor. I don't know what the experience of this time will do for any future possible outbreaks. It may be that we decide that a short, very quick shutdown is better than slower, more protracted closures.

We have to thank the doctor who decided to test a lady who presented at Emergency instead of to a COVID test station. We could be in a lot worse situation if it had gone another day or two before the first detection.
User avatar
rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)
Posts: 4711
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:14 pm

[U/C] Re: 269 North Terrace | 118m | 36 Levels | Student accommodation

Post by rev »

Mate, they've already said if it wasn't for that person lying they wouldn't have put us in lockdown. We're talking about the LOCKDOWN..not the overall outbreak.

But SBD will turn this into a multi page discussion with irrelevant things he will now post about. :wallbash:
ghs
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 1667
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:09 am
Location: Brighton

[U/C] Re: 269 North Terrace | 118m | 36 Levels | Student accommodation

Post by ghs »

We have to thank the doctor who decided to test a lady who presented at Emergency instead of to a COVID test station. We could be in a lot worse situation if it had gone another day or two before the first detection.
It is beyond my comprehension why this Doctor has suddenly become a hero just because she decided to test a patient for covid. Surely she was only doing her job.

In a smaller city like Adelaide, controlling the virus all comes back to establishing good protocols at the medi hotels.

Paying the staff well at the medi hotels is surely better then the situation where the staff have to work other jobs and the virus then breaks out and kills 800 people as happened in Melbourne. #sackspurrier
claybro
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 2172
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:16 pm

[U/C] Re: 269 North Terrace | 118m | 36 Levels | Student accommodation

Post by claybro »

ghs wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:29 pm
We have to thank the doctor who decided to test a lady who presented at Emergency instead of to a COVID test station. We could be in a lot worse situation if it had gone another day or two before the first detection.
It is beyond my comprehension why this Doctor has suddenly become a hero just because she decided to test a patient for covid. Surely she was only doing her job.

In a smaller city like Adelaide, controlling the virus all comes back to establishing good protocols at the medi hotels.

Paying the staff well at the medi hotels is surely better then the situation where the staff have to work other jobs and the virus then breaks out and kills 800 people as happened in Melbourne. #sackspurrier
You assume that those working at medi hotels are not well paid, and by default their employees have to hold second jobs to make ends meet. This assumption has come up many times, and yet has never proven correct.
ghs
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 1667
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:09 am
Location: Brighton

[U/C] Re: 269 North Terrace | 118m | 36 Levels | Student accommodation

Post by ghs »

claybro wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:34 pm
ghs wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:29 pm
We have to thank the doctor who decided to test a lady who presented at Emergency instead of to a COVID test station. We could be in a lot worse situation if it had gone another day or two before the first detection.
It is beyond my comprehension why this Doctor has suddenly become a hero just because she decided to test a patient for covid. Surely she was only doing her job.

In a smaller city like Adelaide, controlling the virus all comes back to establishing good protocols at the medi hotels.

Paying the staff well at the medi hotels is surely better then the situation where the staff have to work other jobs and the virus then breaks out and kills 800 people as happened in Melbourne. #sackspurrier
You assume that those working at medi hotels are not well paid, and by default their employees have to hold second jobs to make ends meet. This assumption has come up many times, and yet has never proven correct.
Brother, the award base rate for a security guard is $21.90 per hour.
SBD
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 1685
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:49 pm
Location: Blakeview

[U/C] Re: 269 North Terrace | 118m | 36 Levels | Student accommodation

Post by SBD »

ghs wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:31 pm
claybro wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:34 pm
ghs wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:29 pm


It is beyond my comprehension why this Doctor has suddenly become a hero just because she decided to test a patient for covid. Surely she was only doing her job.

In a smaller city like Adelaide, controlling the virus all comes back to establishing good protocols at the medi hotels.

Paying the staff well at the medi hotels is surely better then the situation where the staff have to work other jobs and the virus then breaks out and kills 800 people as happened in Melbourne. #sackspurrier
You assume that those working at medi hotels are not well paid, and by default their employees have to hold second jobs to make ends meet. This assumption has come up many times, and yet has never proven correct.
Brother, the award base rate for a security guard is $21.90 per hour.
Jobseeker ramps down from $300/fortnight other income, and stops completely at $1257.50 for a single adult. That's about 57.5 hours per fortnight at that rate to be enough they would not be eligible for JobSeeker. Whether that is regarded as well-paid or not depends on your perspective.
User avatar
wilkiebarkid
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 561
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:19 am
Location: Adelaide

[U/C] Re: 269 North Terrace | 118m | 36 Levels | Student accommodation

Post by wilkiebarkid »

Why don't you guys get a room. I keep coming here for updates and getting nothing related to this thread.
User avatar
AndyWelsh
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 446
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:44 pm

[U/C] Re: 269 North Terrace | 118m | 36 Levels | Student accommodation

Post by AndyWelsh »

View down North Terrace from the Intercontinental:

Image

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nort
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1432
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:08 pm

[U/C] Re: 269 North Terrace | 118m | 36 Levels | Student accommodation

Post by Nort »

AndyWelsh wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:56 am
View down North Terrace from the Intercontinental:

Image

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great shots, in the next few years it's going to be interesting having that side of town dominate the city skyline.
Mpol02
Sen-Rookie-Sational
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:06 am

[U/C] Re: 269 North Terrace | 118m | 36 Levels | Student accommodation

Post by Mpol02 »

Realm looks so good in contrast the Adelaidian.
I have a feeling this will show up the latter as well.

Great shots :)
EBG
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 2525
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:49 pm

[U/C] Re: 269 North Terrace | 118m | 36 Levels | Student accommodation

Post by EBG »

Picture from Saturday 28/11/2020. service core at level 18 and building at level 16
Attachments
20201129_frome st 1.jpg
CMB01
Sen-Rookie-Sational
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:46 pm

[U/C] Re: 269 North Terrace | 118m | 36 Levels | Student accommodation

Post by CMB01 »

Can now see cladding feature at around level 11
Attachments
GSA 2.jpg
GSA.jpg
Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member
Posts: 7051
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:46 am
Location: Adelaide

[U/C] Re: 269 North Terrace | 118m | 36 Levels | Student accommodation

Post by Ben »

Meant to be a crane raise tomorrow but unsure if it will happen due to the wind expected.
Post Reply