[SWP] Central Market Arcade Redevelopment | 130m | 39 levels

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

[SWP] Re: [PRO] Re: Central Market Arcade Redevelopment | ~ 135m | 35 levels

#136 Post by Norman » Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:58 am

Eurostar wrote:So are Coles closing too?
Yes, they will be. They were originally closing this month but they may have had their lease extended recently.

Eurostar
Legendary Member!

[SWP] Re: [PRO] Re: Central Market Arcade Redevelopment | ~ 135m | 35 levels

#137 Post by Eurostar » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:42 am

Norman wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:58 am
Eurostar wrote:So are Coles closing too?
Yes, they will be. They were originally closing this month but they may have had their lease extended recently.
Good riddance that arcade and likely Coles has been untouched for decades. Looking forward to that ugly Coles building being removed from the Grote Street side.

TorrensSA
High Rise Poster!

[SWP] Re: Central Market Arcade Redevelopment | ~ 135m | 35 levels

#138 Post by TorrensSA » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:27 pm

When Coles Grote Street closes that will leave Firle as the only store that opens at midnight, Kurralta Park changed their hours last month.

Patrick_27
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#139 Post by Patrick_27 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:56 pm

TorrensSA wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:27 pm
When Coles Grote Street closes that will leave Firle as the only store that opens at midnight, Kurralta Park changed their hours last month.
Grote Street hasn't been doing the midnight trading since COVID, I think it's only been Firle since COVID...

TorrensSA
High Rise Poster!

#140 Post by TorrensSA » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:04 pm

I've been to Grote Street Coles recently and it opens at midnight https://www.coles.com.au/stores#/storeD ... ?brandId=2

ChillyPhilly

#141 Post by ChillyPhilly » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:32 am

Just a thought - I hope there's some provision in this project to include a prospective underground railway station.
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

Patrick_27

#142 Post by Patrick_27 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:29 am

ChillyPhilly wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:32 am
Just a thought - I hope there's some provision in this project to include a prospective underground railway station.
That's the say if an underground rail loop goes anywhere near this precinct, or ever even gets built!

Nort

#143 Post by Nort » Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:47 pm

ChillyPhilly wrote:
I thought the bump was going to be some news!

I reckon if any underground railway station was to happen in this area it would be beneath Victoria Square anyway.

Jaymz
Legendary Member!

#144 Post by Jaymz » Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:15 pm

Nort wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:47 pm
ChillyPhilly wrote:
I thought the bump was going to be some news!

I reckon if any underground railway station was to happen in this area it would be beneath Victoria Square anyway.
We're at least 10 years away from a complete North/South freeway, so i'd imagine an underground Adelaide railway won't be completed before I leave this earth :lol: Plus, not sure why we'd have it going under Vic Square when we have trams servicing that area already.

Alyx
High Rise Poster!

#145 Post by Alyx » Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:49 pm

The Advertiser wrote: Plans lodged for $400m redevelopment of the Adelaide Central Market Arcade

The final design of the proposed $400m redevelopment of the Adelaide Central Market Arcade has been unveiled.

The project will be jointly funded by private developers ICD Property and the Adelaide City Council, with ratepayers contributing $28m.

Plans were lodged on Friday with the State Commission Assessment Panel for approval.

The development includes 11,172 sqm of retail space, a central hall, public rooftop, child care centre, a 39-storey tower containing a hotel and apartments and another tower with offices.

The council will retain ownership and control of 6000 sqm of retail space on the ground and first floor levels.

Displaced traders in the arcade have been promised support to relocate, with Angelakis Bros already moving to a new area in the Central Market.

The market will continue to operate during the three-year construction period, with work expected to start early next year.

Carparking will be reduced by the demolition of the existing building between Federation Hall and the rear of the Hilton Hotel.

ICD Property managing director Matthew Khoo said his project team was “acutely aware” of the “potential impact on traders and the community”.

“We are working closely with the entire project team and ACMA to keep the Market precinct open for business during construction,” he said.

“We encourage South Australians to continue to support the market and arcade traders during this time, and we will do everything in our power to make this as easy as possible.”

Mr Khoo said his team had been briefed to focus “on protecting the Central Market’s strengths and authentic Adelaide vibe while creating an elevated and thriving mixed-use precinct full of rich and diverse experiences”.

“Redeveloping such an important, city-shaping community asset will afford us the opportunity to further establish Adelaide’s market precinct as one of the world’s most unique and vibrant destinations,” he said.

“The Central Market offer as it stands won’t change, it will only be extended to provide a more diverse offer to visitors.”

Mr Khoo said another key component of the redevelopment was a 15,000sqm office building, which property company JLL would manage.

Lord Mayor Sandy Verschoor said the redevelopment was a “once-in-a-generation opportunity to grow and secure the future of what is already one of Adelaide’s most beloved precincts”.

“This incredible investment into Adelaide and South Australia will see the world-renowned Adelaide Central Market’s current offering extended to ensure the longevity and sustainability of one of our most iconic destinations,’’ she said.

Adelaide Central Market Authority chairman Theo Maras said the authority welcomed the redevelopment.

“More than just benefiting the state, this city shaping project will secure the long-term future of our market and provide opportunities for small business, the foundation of any traditional produce market,” he said.

“Our market has been at the heart of food and culture in South Australia for over 150 years and the market will continue to serve the community throughout the redevelopment and for decades to come.”

Mr Maras said the authority would “support and collaborate with our traders throughout all phases of the project”.

ICD Property partners in the project are property development company Sinclair Brook and Adelaide-founded architects Woods Bagot.
https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/sou ... 607986641d

Mpol02
High Rise Poster!

#146 Post by Mpol02 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:07 pm

This is fantastic I really hope it goes ahead. A total rejuvenation making own of our best attractions even better.

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#147 Post by Norman » Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:15 pm

It looks great, but the thing I'm really interested in are the internal layouts of the retail area, and what kind of shops they are looking for.

ml69
Legendary Member!

#148 Post by ml69 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:16 am

The streetscape level with the red brick arches looks fantastic. Really says “Adelaide Central Market”.

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#149 Post by SRW » Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:17 am

Can't wait to look through the plans when they're available from SCAP.
Keep Adelaide Weird

Nort

#150 Post by Nort » Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:57 pm

Notice it says 39 levels, not 35. Slight height increase or shorter levels?