[U/C] Central Market Arcade Redevelopment | 130m | 39 levels

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
WGG
Sen-Rookie-Sational

[U/C] Re: Central Market Arcade Redevelopment | 124m | 38 levels

#211 Post by WGG » Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:25 am

Smithy84 wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:53 pm
Capbld wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:06 pm
This is out for tender.
I’m assuming the “tender process” is largely online these days, but I did notice an ad from Multiplex in the Tiser today asking for sub-contractor submissions.
Open tender by the looks; they will call through various methods for transparency. Let's hedge our bets as to who will pick this one up!

SouthAussie94
Legendary Member!

#212 Post by SouthAussie94 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:40 pm

WGG wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:25 am
Smithy84 wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:53 pm
Capbld wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:06 pm
This is out for tender.
I’m assuming the “tender process” is largely online these days, but I did notice an ad from Multiplex in the Tiser today asking for sub-contractor submissions.
Open tender by the looks; they will call through various methods for transparency. Let's hedge our bets as to who will pick this one up!
Watpac or CG would be my guess with no insider knowledge.
"All we are is bags of bones pushing against a self imposed tide. Just be content with staying alive"

Views and opinions expressed are my own and don't necessarily reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#213 Post by Will » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:54 pm

Apartments for this development have appeared on realestate.com
Live luxuriously within Adelaide’s cultural heart at Market Square.
APT 1908 / 21 GROTE STREET, ADELAIDE
Located in the heart of the CBD and inspired by the world’s most soulful cities, Market Square is set to build upon the Central Market’s historic charm and create the ultimate Zero Minute City.

The boutique apartments at Market Square will be at the core of Adelaide's new central lifestyle district, seamlessly connected to the beloved Central Market and to the Grote and Gouger Street precinct.

At Market Square, residents will discover the tranquility of outdoor living with picturesque balconies with every apartment and Market Square's show-stopping 3,000sqm terrace space, and unlock resident only amenities such as health and wellbeing zone, cinema room, on-site childcare, digital concierge and much more.

Ascend to your new home in one of Market Square’s neighbourhoods in the sky, each with their own unique personality.

Elevated from levels 16-20, the Quarters Neighbourhood embodies minimalist, low-impact living in one-bedroom, two-bedroom and convertible floor plans.

Sleek design and authentic materials blend together in Quarter’s signature minimalist dark scheme to create an easy lifestyle for those always on the go – inspired by city-living from around the world.

Market Square’s Urban neighbourhood sits on levels 21-28. Designed for city-shapers and those who love being in the centre of it all.

The Urban neighbourhood’s signature minimalist light scheme is artfully considered with splendour in every detail. The light-filled and spacious interiors are perfectly complemented by finishes and materials inspired by luminosity.

The Urban neighbourhood offers elevated living with one or two-bedroom options and enables maximum flexibility through unique customisable module selections.

Living at Market Square means having access to:
- Exclusive, resident-only amenities
- Market Square’s new retail atrium and rooftop terrace
- Dozens of renowned bars and eateries within walking distance
- Nearby public transportation
- The Adelaide Central Market on your doorstep

Some of the one-of-a-kind features to expect in a Market Square Residence include:
- 0-1 car parks
- Balcony
- Stone benchtops
- Brushed nickel tapware
- Wool carpeting
- Miele appliances
- City and hills views
- Double glazed windows
- Split system air conditioning

HomeSeeker SA
This property is available through the state government’s HomeSeeker SA program, which provides eligible buyers the opportunity to purchase fixed price homes without competing with property investors. Check if you’re eligible for HomeSeeker SA at www.homeseeker.sa.gov.au/eligibility

Smithy84
Gold-Member ;)

#214 Post by Smithy84 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:01 pm

Post from real estate agents Ouwens Casserly on LinkedIn stating that apartment sales have reached 82%, and the official launch hasn’t even taken place yet.

Mpol02
High Rise Poster!

#215 Post by Mpol02 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:24 am

Smithy84 wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:01 pm
Post from real estate agents Ouwens Casserly on LinkedIn stating that apartment sales have reached 82%, and the official launch hasn’t even taken place yet.
If this is the case then BRING IT ON

citywatcher
Legendary Member!

[U/C] Re: [APP] Re: Central Market Arcade Redevelopment | 124m | 38 levels

#216 Post by citywatcher » Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:28 pm

Smithy84 wrote:Post from real estate agents Ouwens Casserly on LinkedIn stating that apartment sales have reached 82%, and the official launch hasn’t even taken place yet.
So the BS on this one has started already

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

VinyTapestry849
High Rise Poster!

#217 Post by VinyTapestry849 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:57 am

$400 Million Central Market Arcade construction date confirmed
By Zara Richards
Source:www.glamadelaide.com.au

It’s the place synonymous with all things fresh produce and mouth-watering goodies – and now the iconic destination is about to undergo a transformation, with the Central Market Arcade redevelopment pencilled in for next year.

The $400 Million Market Square upgrade will commence production in June of next year, with the formal notice of construction to be provided to Council on November 28. The redevelopment initiative is a collaboration between ICD and the City of Adelaide.

“It’s exciting to be taking this major step forward to realising what will be a city-shaping project for Adelaide and South Australia and this early advice on the commencement timeframe reflects our commitment to provide certainty and early notice to precinct stakeholders,” says Lord Mayor Sandy Verschoor.

The major redevelopment will see an enhanced and expanded Central Market, with residential living, hotel and office accommodation and retail space owned by ICD Property – operating under the umbrella name Market Square.

The confirmation of the upcoming notice follows the unprecedented success of Market Square residential sales, with over 80% sold to waitlist prior to public launch, making it one of the fastest-selling projects in Adelaide.

“Despite the challenges posed by COVID in the past two years, we are on track to deliver this once in a generation project,” says ICD Property Managing Director Matt Khoo.

“We have been working closely with the City of Adelaide and the Adelaide Central Market Authority every step of the way and will continue to do so moving forward in order to support traders through this transition.”

However, there’s no need to fear if the Adelaide Central Markets is your favourite foodie destination – it will continue to remain open for business as usual and continue to trade throughout the construction.

Both ICD Property and the City of Adelaide undertaking appropriate actions to minimise construction impacts, with the construction of Market Square taking place in stages.

“We couldn’t be happier to have a date set for the commencement of construction on Market Square and the expansion of the Adelaide Central Market,” says Adelaide Central Market Authority Chair Theo Maras.

“This project will enhance and complement our existing market, elevating it further as an iconic destination and preserving it for generations to come.”

In other recent project milestones, the Market Square Display Suite was just opened opposite Victoria Square. Interested homebuyers can register for private bookings here.

The luxury homes include the prestigious Skyline penthouse residences, ranging from $5.2 – $10 million. The 935 square metre $10 million penthouse is the most expensive in Adelaide’s CBD. Market Square residences will have unparalleled amenity and seamless access to the expanded Adelaide Central Market.
Attachments
Central Market 1.jpg
Central Market 3.jpg
Central market 4.jpg

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#218 Post by SRW » Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:52 am

This has been years in the making, I can't wait to see it start.
The confirmation of the upcoming notice follows the unprecedented success of Market Square residential sales, with over 80% sold to waitlist prior to public launch, making it one of the fastest-selling projects in Adelaide.
I wonder how this squares with the development's affordable housing commitment (IIRC) to make 15% of units available at below market rates for 30 days?

Also, these pods above the new laneway remain a dumb idea.
Last edited by SRW on Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keep Adelaide Weird

Algernon
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#219 Post by Algernon » Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:50 pm

Don't want to be a wet blanket on this one, but the look created in the render s entirely dependent on the greenery on the balconies. In VinyTapestry849's second render there you see the balconies and it could really be anything from a glass balcony with steel balustrade to a bunnings pool fence. Consider what seems to be the overall quality of the development, you think the former, but I'll be nervous watching this go up. Don't discount the bunnings pool fence possibility - Central Equity pulled that shit in Melbourne on a 200m tower and it is possibly the most awful thing ever built.

VinyTapestry849
High Rise Poster!

#220 Post by VinyTapestry849 » Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:23 am

I wonder If they'll have an in-built irrigation system to water all that 'greenery' on the balconies like that of the Twisted Tree Tower in Melbourne. If not the plants won't last long.

Nort

#221 Post by Nort » Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:49 am

It's on an entirely different scale, but the ACC building behind Town Hall on Pirie Street has great use of greenery that makes me hope they have been serious in considering how to do it well on a whole building.

Dvious
Legendary Member!

#222 Post by Dvious » Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:47 am

I too have been told that most of the apartments have already been sold pre-release by someone working on the project.

Time will tell if this is true or not...

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#223 Post by Norman » Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:52 pm

The ACC have repeated the claim of 80% sold on their project website, so I'm sure it's not just a marketing ploy. The real question is how many buyers are owner-occupiers and how many are interstate or overseas investors.

VinyTapestry849
High Rise Poster!

#224 Post by VinyTapestry849 » Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:57 pm

If its overseas investors then its just more evidence that supports my claim; there's demand for high-rise developments from overseas. :lol:

Llessur2002

#225 Post by Llessur2002 » Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:29 pm

VinyTapestry849 wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:57 pm
If its overseas investors then its just more evidence that supports my claim; there's demand for high-rise developments from overseas. :lol:
And if true, may result in low occupancy rates and a reduced level of activation of the surrounding area. Not necessarily a great outcome for the city.