New City Arena

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Patrick_27
Super Size Scraper Poster!

Re: New City Arena

#256 Post by Patrick_27 » Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:48 pm

rev wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:36 pm
VinyTapestry849 wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:04 am
What Rev and Patrick say are ignorant and without evidence. The experts have said time and time again that the arena must be built to save the states entertainment industry or acts will bypass the state. This is an indisputable fact.

Cameron Hoy, Ticketek Managing Director of Australia has said that without the new arena, major acts will bypass the state altogether because the Adelaide Entertainment Centre is not a viable option.

“The proposed new Adelaide Riverbank Arena is essential unless Adelaide is happy to no longer be part of the contemporary live entertainment touring scene.”

Rev and Patricks messages are always opinions :roll:
I'd love to give you some contacts in the industry, some of the promoters who are responsible for bringing some of the biggest artists to Adelaide, who've ran national concert tours, to call and verify what several people my self included have said, as being factual as opposed to the utter garbage you post. But I don't have the heart to subject those good, hard working people to an ignorant, clueless individual like you bothering them. They've suffered enough through this pandemic which has decimated their industry.
Lol, Viny, darling, I speak as an industry person, I've worked in the live music and live arts industries collectively for a decade. You talk about rev and my own ignorance and a lack of evidence in our argument, your 'evidence' is slogan/media release-type crap that is literally spoon fed through The Advertiser to idiots who lack any sense of critical thinking. Here you are quoting Ticketek Managing Director, Cameron Hoy, but if you worked in the industry, you would know that both Ticketek and Ticketmaster are among two of the most corrupt, monopolising companies who have collectively desecrated live music through buyouts and price gouging; Hoy is only vocal in his support because Ticketek likely want a slice of the pie when it comes to the AVM signing up a ticketing partner for any new venue.

And for the record, I have never been opposed to a new arena (nor has rev from recollection), which if you were a member of this forum for more than a hot minute before running your mouth with your 'facts' and 'evidence' on most threads, you would know this. Hell, rev, myself and others who are opposed to this proposal have spoken of the need for a new arena for five/six years since around the Adelaide Oval redevelopment first opened to the public. However, on the Memorial Drive/Next Gen gym site, not this the current site chosen by the Libs. The proximity the current site has to AVM-run Convention Centre doesn't even try to hide the fact that this is just an extension of the Convention Centre, it reeks of an under the table deal to give AVM an absolute monopoly over the convention space/stadia of Adelaide. It's also a $700m taxpayer spend during uncertain times, not just for the entire live music industry but the state as a whole; we’re the poorest mainland state in Australia and have a prevalent hospital ramping crisis that needs our government's attention. Further to all of this, the makings of the arena proposal has not involved any genuine consultation with the industry bodies likely to use it; a few apparent off the cuff comments from Chugg and Gudinski doesn't mean anything when it comes to whether or not this will actually lure upper tier touring acts to Adelaide.

Algernon

#257 Post by Algernon » Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:51 pm

Stopped reading at darling

VinyTapestry849
High Rise Poster!

#258 Post by VinyTapestry849 » Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:51 pm

rev wrote:
VinyTapestry849 wrote:
What Rev and Patrick say are ignorant and without evidence. The experts have said time and time again that the arena must be built to save the states entertainment industry or acts will bypass the state. This is an indisputable fact.

Cameron Hoy, Ticketek Managing Director of Australia has said that without the new arena, major acts will bypass the state altogether because the Adelaide Entertainment Centre is not a viable option.

“The proposed new Adelaide Riverbank Arena is essential unless Adelaide is happy to no longer be part of the contemporary live entertainment touring scene.”

I'd love to give you some contacts in the industry, some of the promoters who are responsible for bringing some of the biggest artists to Adelaide, who've ran national concert tours, to call and verify what several people my self included have said, as being factual as opposed to the utter garbage you post. But I don't have the heart to subject those good, hard-working people to an ignorant, clueless individual like you bothering them. They've suffered enough through this pandemic which has decimated their industry.
Rev, you deserve another award on top of mvp. Most valued winger.
I reiterate rev, theres nothing to back up your claims and so-called "knowledge" in that area, and again just spreading your opinion, of which I accept this is an free opinion based forum, but when you try to contradict my proven evidence with you sarcasm it just looks awful. Wheres your websites rev, wheres your articles, wheres your quote from the top players in this development (of which I have provided) that state your oh so obvious "fact" that the new arena won't help the entertainment industy? Try to come up with a better response next time and I might consider debating.

VinyTapestry849
High Rise Poster!

#259 Post by VinyTapestry849 » Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:53 pm

Patrick_27 wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:48 pm
rev wrote:
VinyTapestry849 wrote:

I'd love to give you some contacts in the industry, some of the promoters who are responsible for bringing some of the biggest artists to Adelaide, who've ran national concert tours, to call and verify what several people my self included have said, as being factual as opposed to the utter garbage you post. But I don't have the heart to subject those good, hard working people to an ignorant, clueless individual like you bothering them. They've suffered enough through this pandemic which has decimated their industry.
Lol, Viny, darling, I speak as an industry person, I've worked in the live music and live arts industries collectively for a decade. You talk about rev and my own ignorance and a lack of evidence in our argument, your 'evidence' is slogan/media release-type crap that is literally spoon fed through The Advertiser to idiots who lack any sense of critical thinking. Here you are quoting Ticketek Managing Director, Cameron Hoy, but if you worked in the industry, you would know that both Ticketek and Ticketmaster are among two of the most corrupt, monopolising companies who have collectively desecrated live music through buyouts and price gouging; Hoy is only vocal in his support because Ticketek likely want a slice of the pie when it comes to the AVM signing up a ticketing partner for any new venue.

And for the record, I have never been opposed to a new arena (nor has rev from recollection), which if you were a member of this forum for more than a hot minute before running your mouth with your 'facts' and 'evidence' on most threads, you would know this. Hell, rev, myself and others who are opposed to this proposal have spoken of the need for a new arena for five/six years since around the Adelaide Oval redevelopment first opened to the public. However, on the Memorial Drive/Next Gen gym site, not this the current site chosen by the Libs. The proximity the current site has to AVM-run Convention Centre doesn't even try to hide the fact that this is just an extension of the Convention Centre, it reeks of an under the table deal to give AVM an absolute monopoly over the convention space/stadia of Adelaide. It's also a $700m taxpayer spend during uncertain times, not just for the entire live music industry but the state as a whole; we’re the poorest mainland state in Australia and have a prevalent hospital ramping crisis that needs our government's attention. Further to all of this, the makings of the arena proposal has not involved any genuine consultation with the industry bodies likely to use it; a few apparent off the cuff comments from Chugg and Gudinski doesn't mean anything when it comes to whether or not this will actually lure upper tier touring acts to Adelaide.
opinion*

VinyTapestry849
High Rise Poster!

#260 Post by VinyTapestry849 » Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:01 pm

Patrick_27 wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:48 pm
rev wrote:
VinyTapestry849 wrote:

Oh yes darling, of course your right. How could I have been so nieve as to think that the liberals in their conservative nature would invest 700 million of a very tight budget into such an ambomination of a building that in your words wouldn't help the entertainment industry at all. Thank heaven you were here to enlighten me on my errors darling.

VinyTapestry849
High Rise Poster!

#261 Post by VinyTapestry849 » Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:08 pm

I do hope the libs do something about the ramping though, thats got to be fixed.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#262 Post by rev » Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:44 am

VinyTapestry849 wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:51 pm
rev wrote:
VinyTapestry849 wrote:

I'd love to give you some contacts in the industry, some of the promoters who are responsible for bringing some of the biggest artists to Adelaide, who've ran national concert tours, to call and verify what several people my self included have said, as being factual as opposed to the utter garbage you post. But I don't have the heart to subject those good, hard-working people to an ignorant, clueless individual like you bothering them. They've suffered enough through this pandemic which has decimated their industry.
I reiterate rev, theres nothing to back up your claims and so-called "knowledge" in that area, and again just spreading your opinion, of which I accept this is an free opinion based forum, but when you try to contradict my proven evidence with you sarcasm it just looks awful. Wheres your websites rev, wheres your articles, wheres your quote from the top players in this development (of which I have provided) that state your oh so obvious "fact" that the new arena won't help the entertainment industy? Try to come up with a better response next time and I might consider debating.
Maybe you can have a meeting with town planners and present your internet articles as evidence as to why it should be 250m tall and covered in glass.

VinyTapestry849
High Rise Poster!

#263 Post by VinyTapestry849 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:56 am

rev wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:44 am
VinyTapestry849 wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:51 pm
rev wrote:

Maybe you can have a meeting with town planners and present your internet articles as evidence as to why it should be 250m tall and covered in glass.
Already have met with a former planner of the Melbourne CBD and they agree it should be eased to 200m. Check-mate Rev.

[Shuz]

#264 Post by [Shuz] » Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:13 am

If only there was a new multi-purpose arena I could sit back
in and watch you peasants slang it at each other on stage while I enjoy my popcorn.
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

VinyTapestry849
High Rise Poster!

#265 Post by VinyTapestry849 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:41 am

If only ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'm sure rev wouldn't turn up untill 10pm anyway, when he usually lurks on his computer in his basement.

VinyTapestry849
High Rise Poster!

#266 Post by VinyTapestry849 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:45 am

The councils opinion on the Arena has changed overnight, they are now in support.

Just posted 35 minutes ago:

"Council backflips – arena on the parklands gets OK
Adelaide City Council has sided with the state government and dropped its opposition to a proposed $662m entertainment arena in the parklands."

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/subscrib ... our=append

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#267 Post by rev » Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:23 am

VinyTapestry849 wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:56 am

Already have met with a former planner of the Melbourne CBD and they agree it should be eased to 200m. Check-mate Rev.
Sure champ.
Who was it? Got a name for us? Any "evidence" besides your post?
Why would we care about a "former planner of the Melbourne CBD", in Adelaide?
They agree? You showed them your evidence didn't you..you sneaky bugger you..

Why haven't you met with local planners yet like you claimed? Don't they want to see your mountains of evidence, like articles and quotes?

There's no point in trying further to be serious in interactions with you, when multiple people who've worked in the industry, who have contacts in the industry are telling you (multiple times) how things really are and you ignore it and call it opinions because you're an ignorant dumb ass without a clue.

Keep living in your sim city dream land.

VinyTapestry849
High Rise Poster!

#268 Post by VinyTapestry849 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:41 am

Jason Dolmen, former assistant town planner of the city of Melbourne. Visiting a family member in the palliative care unit at the RAH, offered to chat with me on the subject. He agrees with me, says the restrictions aren't "Reasonable nor valid" for the East end of the city not impacted by the passing air traffic over 4km away.
I'm arranging some meetings with architecture students from the University of South Australia, to gather some more points of view and opinions from the experts.
Also, I don't care about your opinion on the matter, I'll do want when I want regardless of your whingeing. A poindexter's opinion like yourself doesn't mean the slightest when It comes to serious matters.

"There's no point in trying further to be serious in interactions with you, when multiple people who've worked in the industry, who have contacts in the industry are telling you (multiple times) how things really are and you ignore it and call it opinions because you're an ignorant dumb ass without a clue. "

A whopping one person came out and said they work in the industry to me, "multiple people" is another example of desperation from you. I'm sure the one and only "Patrick the expert" has managed events of 50,000 people at the Adelaide oval, aswell as rolling stones, AC DC, Midnight Oil, and Adele like the director of tiktek. You BS is hilarious rev. And yet he hasn't named any contacts. Even if hes got any they probably manage a guitarist playing at rundell mall.

Your the ignorant dumbass without a clue, which is seen by everyone how you don't respond when I ask for evidence.
Last edited by VinyTapestry849 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:28 am, edited 10 times in total.

VinyTapestry849
High Rise Poster!

#269 Post by VinyTapestry849 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:57 am

Time and time again rev you continue your failed attempts to diss me, commenting on my evidence without providing a single relevant scrap of your own. The facts are there, I've provided quotes from the developers behind the projects and articles which prove that the height restrictions are impacting development within the CBD. All you've provided is a vacancy graph :lol:
Anyway, back on topic:
City council are now in support of the Arena

ChillyPhilly

#270 Post by ChillyPhilly » Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:00 am

VinyTapestry849 wrote:The councils opinion on the Arena has changed overnight, they are now in support.

Just posted 35 minutes ago:

"Council backflips – arena on the parklands gets OK
Adelaide City Council has sided with the state government and dropped its opposition to a proposed $662m entertainment arena in the parklands."

I mean, I don't want to insinuate effective bribery from Steven Marshall...
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.