[COM] Uno Apartments | 53m | 17lvls | Residential

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Adelarch
Donating Member
Donating Member

[COM] Re: U/C: Uno Apartments | 53m | 17 lvls | Residential

#346 Post by Adelarch » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:26 pm

Don’t mind it overall but I’m not a fan of the concrete balustrades either – wish they’d stuck with the glass. Wouldn’t be the first to put my hand up for one of the ‘black’ apartments either – south facing and all in black must make for a pretty gloomy, cheerless environment in the wintertime especially.

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#347 Post by monotonehell » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:26 pm

Ben wrote:I'm sorry but there is nothing acceptable about blank concrete facades, whether painted or not. Especailly from a government backed project, who are spruiking improved design etc etc yet are incapable of delivering it themselves.

We do not live in Soviet Russia, nor should we be expecting our "new" apartment buildings to look like they are built for there.
Why do people always pick on Soviet Russia architecture?
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

Reb-L
High Rise Poster!

#348 Post by Reb-L » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:37 pm

monotonehell wrote: Why do people always pick on Soviet Russia architecture?
You would too if you'd seen some Moscow suburbs from that era.

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#349 Post by monotonehell » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:39 pm

Reb-L wrote:
monotonehell wrote: Why do people always pick on Soviet Russia architecture?
You would too if you'd seen some Moscow suburbs from that era.
I have :D But my point is, they get picked on for something that EVERY country is guilty of. And they also built some interesting experimental stuff.
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

1st home buyer
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#350 Post by 1st home buyer » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:54 pm

Once each level has the Gardens in I think it'll be less harsh. Any new development for the Adelaide cbd is a good one I'd say

mshagg
Legendary Member!

#351 Post by mshagg » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:22 am

The balustrades continue to be the design's weak point, but it does look much better than i ever hoped it would. Wondering why they didnt use that green tinged glass on the rest of the balconies? I think it works well against the black and white.

I hope they've got a strategy to keep those lovelly white panels and paintwork nice and clean... going to look pretty average if the building is to become black and a dusty shade of brown.

Have walked past a few times now and the ground floor looks quite nice, hopefully something active goes in there (rather than, say, the tax accountants that just moved into ground floor of altitude lol). Workcover in the process of moving out of the building next door, I know one tenant who is moving in there and they will probably have a retail component on the ground floor of that building... so could be a little more hustle and bustle around that part of Waymouth.

dbcrow
Gold-Member ;)

#352 Post by dbcrow » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:36 am

WorkCover moved out in June, and my understanding is that the remaining tenants are all moving out too. There will be a complete refurbishment of that building (I worked there for 4 years, and believe me - it needs it!). I'm not sure if a new major tenant has been found for 100 Waymouth.

Given that the ATO is moving out of Waymouth Street in November, and a new tenant hasn't been found, I think it will be quiet down that end of Waymouth until the tenancies are occupied again.

phenom
High Rise Poster!

#353 Post by phenom » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:20 pm

I'm OK with this development 'up close' but I can see it from my roof deck and it's not particularly impressive from a distance (compared to say, even Altitude or Horizon). Great urban infill but also makes a mockery of the ACC forcing that rather nice looking building on the corner of Light Square to lop 5 floors off...

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#354 Post by rev » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:20 pm

1st home buyer wrote: Any new development for the Adelaide cbd is a good one I'd say
That's the wrong sort of attitude to have imho.
We should expect and demand that quality developments are approved, not any old development simply for the sake of having something done.
The "better then nothing" mentality needs to change.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#355 Post by crawf » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:37 pm

phenom wrote:I'm OK with this development 'up close' but I can see it from my roof deck and it's not particularly impressive from a distance (compared to say, even Altitude or Horizon). Great urban infill but also makes a mockery of the ACC forcing that rather nice looking building on the corner of Light Square to lop 5 floors off...
Actually it was approved at 13 levels by the State Government DAC, but the developers decided to downsize due to the lack of demand at the time.

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#356 Post by Norman » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:03 am

Different angle

ml69
Legendary Member!

#357 Post by ml69 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:55 am

Norman wrote:Different angle

The top 2/3 of the building actually looks pretty good, pity about the bottom third!

cometthecat
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#358 Post by cometthecat » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:20 pm

It's so shiny! :D A nice addition to the city. Something like this without the bottom part would make a great new tallest for Adelaide

talrok
High Rise Poster!

#359 Post by talrok » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:34 pm

looks very sharp from this angle .. agree that its a shame its not another say 10+ storeys taller so its visible from all parts of the city

ParadisoShlee
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#360 Post by ParadisoShlee » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:20 am

I've brought one of these apartments and the finance has been completed recently. There have been a number of delays, most of the documentation has the handover in june but this has obviously slipped a tiny bit.. Apparently the building is being handed over from the builder next week and people should start moving into early August.

I'm looking forward to it. The Bedrooms have a nice depth of them and the sucker is NBN cabled ;)