[COM] Brickworks Redevelopment | $70m

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

[COM] Re: #SWP: Brickworks Redevelopment | $70m

#151 Post by rev » Tue May 27, 2014 9:31 am

Isn't there a chocolate factory you can tour in the Adelaide Hills somewhere? I remember going on a school excursion there.
Exciting as a kid, given all the free chocolate you can sample, but as an adult, what's so fun?

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#152 Post by Ben » Tue May 27, 2014 11:05 am

rev wrote:Isn't there a chocolate factory you can tour in the Adelaide Hills somewhere? I remember going on a school excursion there.
Exciting as a kid, given all the free chocolate you can sample, but as an adult, what's so fun?
Yes Melbas still there and cheese factory next door on way to Lobethal from Hahndorf.

Nort
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#153 Post by Nort » Tue May 27, 2014 11:29 am

pushbutton wrote:
how good is he wrote: ....oh, and please everyone, if you don't want Adelaide to have anything fun for people to enjoy then you're entitled to your opinion. However please don't attack me for mine.
Would be interested if you could update your pub thread with what you thought of the Fringe activities his year.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#154 Post by crawf » Tue May 27, 2014 12:13 pm

Doesn't Haighs also do tours at their Parkside Factory?

pushbutton
Legendary Member!

#155 Post by pushbutton » Tue May 27, 2014 6:32 pm

rev wrote:Isn't there a chocolate factory you can tour in the Adelaide Hills somewhere? I remember going on a school excursion there.
There is, and I've been there with my nephew and niece and it was ok. There's also Heighs on Greenhill Road which is very similar.

That's nothing like what I was referring to in my last post though. I was referring to a far more imaginative 21st century fantasyland. As an adult or a child of any age, that would be fun!

Not gonna happen though but it was merely the first thing that came to mind as an idea, which could make good use of the kiln and the general landscape of the Brickworks, as it was.
Last edited by pushbutton on Wed May 28, 2014 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pushbutton
Legendary Member!

#156 Post by pushbutton » Tue May 27, 2014 6:35 pm

Waewick wrote:The problem is that kind of fun costs money.

And people like to complain, so the cost will always be the problem. Our state just isn't affluent enough and doesnt have the corporate support to provide large scale entertainment areas.
That is sadly true, but I can see some signs things are slowly starting to change.

pushbutton
Legendary Member!

#157 Post by pushbutton » Tue May 27, 2014 6:38 pm

Nort wrote:
pushbutton wrote:
how good is he wrote: ....oh, and please everyone, if you don't want Adelaide to have anything fun for people to enjoy then you're entitled to your opinion. However please don't attack me for mine.
Would be interested if you could update your pub thread with what you thought of the Fringe activities his year.
I did look at various guides to the things that were on but whilst I do appreciate that there was a lot of things that would please some people, none of it was really for me except the Fawlty Towers dining experience. I didn't go to that this year because I went last year (and it was fantastic!)

I personally find most of the Fringe events a bit too off-beat for my tastes.

Abwolf
Gold-Member ;)

#158 Post by Abwolf » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:57 pm

Drove past today and the barbecue store looks as good as demolished to me.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Nathan

#159 Post by Nathan » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:28 pm

It might be Friday night talking, but why are we concerning ourselves with the fate of a suburban barbecue store? Small fry.

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#160 Post by monotonehell » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:58 pm

Nathan wrote:It might be Friday night talking, but why are we concerning ourselves with the fate of a suburban barbecue store? Small fry.
Stop mixing your metaphors!
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#161 Post by Ben » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:33 am

Does anyone know when this is to open? it looks pretty close to externally complete. the intersection and south road next to this is currently being upgraded into 3 lanes each way in preparation for the upgrade further north.

ghs

#162 Post by ghs » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:35 am

Waewick wrote:The problem is that kind of fun costs money.

And people like to complain, so the cost will always be the problem. Our state just isn't affluent enough and doesnt have the corporate support to provide large scale entertainment areas.
There is a $180 million entertainment development planned for Parafield which will include Indoor Skydiving. I will start a thread on
this shortly. From the Adelaide now Website :
Kings Point will feature more than 20,000sqm of entertainment space including cinemas, water slides, an aqua playground, indoor surfing, tenpin bowling, laser skirmish, a games arcade, rock climbing and a massive indoor trampoline.

Nathan

#163 Post by Nathan » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:14 pm

Woolworths have now sold the site to Charter Hall Retail REIT for $7.55m, and committed to a 20yr lease for Woolworths and BigW.

how good is he
Legendary Member!

#164 Post by how good is he » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:26 pm

The $7.55m was the land component of the sale price but the final sale price of the completed shopping centre will be around $75m [price is based on 6.89% capitalised return of the leases achieved].

advantix
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#165 Post by advantix » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:11 pm

Ben wrote:Does anyone know when this is to open?
I've heard around mid year... June/July 2015