News & Developments: Elizabeth & Salisbury

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
duke
High Rise Poster!

Re: News & Developments: Elizabeth & Salisbury

#196 Post by duke » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:50 am

I wonder why Aldi is looking at going here rather than Parabanks.
ALDI wants to build a new $6.8m supermarket and shopping centre in the heart of Salisbury.

An application to build the shops — on Park Tce — has been lodged with the State Commission Assessment Panel.

A large home and two trees at the site would have to be demolished and removed to make way for the group of shops.

Four tenancies would be available in the centre with “associated signage, carparking, earthworks and landscaping to be developed in three stages”, the application states.

If permitted, the supermarket would be built next to Benson Radiology and across the road from fast-food restaurants and a carpark, which overlook the corner of Park Tce and Wiltshire St.

An Aldi Australia spokeswoman said the new store would cover about 1800sq m with about 1200sq m of retail space.
https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/messenge ... 7526aa9a30

Eurostar
Legendary Member!

#197 Post by Eurostar » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:35 pm

duke wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:50 am
ALDI wants to build a new $6.8m supermarket and shopping centre in the heart of Salisbury.

An application to build the shops — on Park Tce — has been lodged with the State Commission Assessment Panel.

A large home and two trees at the site would have to be demolished and removed to make way for the group of shops.

Four tenancies would be available in the centre with “associated signage, carparking, earthworks and landscaping to be developed in three stages”, the application states.

If permitted, the supermarket would be built next to Benson Radiology and across the road from fast-food restaurants and a carpark, which overlook the corner of Park Tce and Wiltshire St.

An Aldi Australia spokeswoman said the new store would cover about 1800sq m with about 1200sq m of retail space.
https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/messenge ... 7526aa9a30

I feel it's time that old john street is closed to traffic and redeveloped. By all means keep the clock tower but rest should be turned into alfresco with some artwork

Nort
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#198 Post by Nort » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:17 pm

duke wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:50 am
A bunch of Aldi stores are standalone. Makes sense, they are a destination in their own right so why pay another shopping center for space.

claybro

#199 Post by claybro » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:36 pm

I think this is a good spot for Aldi, but on the whole, I think Salisbury centre is still a messy hotch potch of low scale developments. The whole place needs some cohesion and defined zones. It has so much potential having it's own train station adjacent to "town centre". Its just that the centre is not clearly defined, a bit tired and run down. And all of those single storey units and housing so close to the centre do not help. Clearly most people in social housing have no need or desire for maintaining a decent garden, so why provide so many. Better to have well maintained community parks and gardens within higher density than dead, messy yards.

ChillyPhilly

#200 Post by ChillyPhilly » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:54 am

Any new store there will need some serious traffic management measures - Park Tce is a rabble 95% of the time.
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

Eurostar
Legendary Member!

#201 Post by Eurostar » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:22 am

ChillyPhilly wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:54 am
Any new store there will need some serious traffic management measures - Park Tce is a rabble 95% of the time.
The railway crossing needs to be gone now

ChillyPhilly

#202 Post by ChillyPhilly » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:07 pm

Eurostar wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:22 am
ChillyPhilly wrote:
Agreed. About the only thing that can happen is to put the road into a box culvert style of underpass beneath the tracks. The freight line is such a barrier for locals at times.

Brucetiki
Legendary Member!

#203 Post by Brucetiki » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:33 pm

Eurostar wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:22 am
ChillyPhilly wrote:
Well we had our chance to get rid of it in March and the people effectively chose to keep it for the next 4 years at least...

Eurostar
Legendary Member!

#204 Post by Eurostar » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:55 pm

Most of the exterior slabs are in place now at Saints Road new shopping centre in Salisbury Plains.

According to the Sarah Constructions site the handover will be December 2018.

SBD

#205 Post by SBD » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:49 pm

Structural steelwork started this week on the southern end of the Drake's distribution centre site at Edinburgh North. As far as I could tell driving past, there has not been any concrete poured for a floor slab yet, just for some of the concrete piles. There is still a drill rig on site, drilling the northern part.

The fence has new signs for Unley Property Group (UPG).

Eurostar
Legendary Member!

#206 Post by Eurostar » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:07 am

SBD wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:49 pm
Structural steelwork started this week on the southern end of the Drake's distribution centre site at Edinburgh North. As far as I could tell driving past, there has not been any concrete poured for a floor slab yet, just for some of the concrete piles. There is still a drill rig on site, drilling the northern part.

I just hope Drakes pressure the dpti/council to build a roundabout or traffic lights at the intersection of Womma and Stebonheath Road.

SBD

#207 Post by SBD » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:39 am

Eurostar wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:07 am
SBD wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:49 pm

I just hope Drakes pressure the dpti/council to build a roundabout or traffic lights at the intersection of Womma and Stebonheath Road.
The Council has been asking the state government to do it. I think the Eyre developers are required to do it once a certain number of blocks are developed, but I don't know how many or how close to that number they are. This is from a council meeting 18 months ago City of Playford council minutes 28 February 2017
The intersection of Womma Road/Stebonheath Road is the responsibility and maintenance of DPTI. The installation of a roundabout at this location is dependent on the trigger point of land sales within the Eyre Development.

Staff are aware of the increasing motor vehicle collision rate at the intersection and have been lobbying DPTI to bring forward the roundabout installation. This has also been made known through the State Government area representatives. A concept design has already been prepared by DPTI.

Additionally DPTI have been pressuring Council to allow B-Double access from Womma into Stebonheath to access Edinburgh North which staff are resisting approval until the intersection is upgraded because of the poor design and safety conflict between heavy vehicles and commuter vehicles.

eKwatee
High Rise Poster!

#208 Post by eKwatee » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:48 pm

ONE of Australia’s biggest aged-care providers will build a new $80 million facility in the north.

The multistorey ACH precinct next to the Lyell McEwin Hospital at Elizabeth Vale will offer 120 places for disability housing, short term accommodation, residential care and independent living.

see The Advertiser article https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/messenge ... 86d0cd95d7

ChillyPhilly

#209 Post by ChillyPhilly » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:25 am

A quick snap of Salisbury's new Community Hub building on John Street.

PeFe

#210 Post by PeFe » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:58 pm

Sonnen factory in Elizabeth up and running.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-11-27/ ... s/10558486