News & Discussion: Other Metropolitan Developments

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
Prince George
Legendary Member!

Re: General Suburban Projects & Discussion

#406 Post by Prince George » Wed May 05, 2010 12:57 pm

Wayno wrote:Just a small one.

Springbank Rd is currently being widened by reclaiming some of the WIDE southern side footpath for off street car parking. Fingers crossed - hope they manage to run 2 x 2 lanes the entire length of the road.
I'm hoping for something more like Road diet or Complete Streets thinking than adding extra lanes. Proper bike lanes would be cool, for a start.

rhino
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#407 Post by rhino » Fri May 21, 2010 7:56 am

800 new homes in $240m Evanston development
SARAH MARTIN From: The Advertiser May 21, 2010 12:01AM

A $240 million, 800-home development will be built near Gawler to tap into the growth potential of the northern suburbs, a major developer announced yesterday.
Devine property group has entered into an agreement with a landowner to develop a 59ha site at Evanston Gardens, 35km north of Adelaide.
The development will provide housing for 2000 residents and will be completed over the next five to six years, with the first stage expected to be ready for release next year.
Devine managing director David Keir said the company was keen to tap into the area's growth potential which would be boosted by such government infrastructure projects as the Northern Expressway and the Adelaide-Gawler rail upgrade.
The company says it entered into an agreement with the landholder which will enable Devine to develop the land and make staged payments to purchase the site. "From our perspective, it is about conserving our capital to enable us to continue our growth plans," Mr Keir said.
He said the development agreement equated to a land purchase price of about $20 million.
The development will include 800 homes and will include a network of walking and cycling tracks linking the estate to the Adelaide-Gawler rail line.
The area has been earmarked in the State Government's 30-Year Plan for Greater Adelaide as a residential growth area. It is expected to grow by 150 per cent in the next decade.
Retail and commercial development adjacent to the railway station and the development site also has been flagged by the Land Management Corporation.
Devine's new investment, with its $300 million Lakeside development, indicated the company's faith in the South Australian market, Mr Keir said.
"Adelaide is an attractive market for us. It is a very stable market and we have got an established brand and we can produce an affordable offering here," he said.
The development site is undergoing rezoning, which is expected by late this year.
cheers,
Rhino

Waewick

#408 Post by Waewick » Fri May 21, 2010 9:22 am

its near public transport which is good :cheers:

just out of interest, does Gawler have an "internal" bus service? given how big its getting I would have thought it would (by that I mean buses focused on getting you into Gawler rather than Adelaide)

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#409 Post by Norman » Fri May 21, 2010 11:53 am

Wayno wrote:Just a small one.

Springbank Rd is currently being widened by reclaiming some of the WIDE southern side footpath for off street car parking. Fingers crossed - hope they manage to run 2 x 2 lanes the entire length of the road.
Nope, they're just putting in some indented carparks :roll:
just out of interest, does Gawler have an "internal" bus service? given how big its getting I would have thought it would (by that I mean buses focused on getting you into Gawler rather than Adelaide)
Apparently there is one that will be set up very soon.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#410 Post by crawf » Fri May 21, 2010 12:58 pm

skyliner

#411 Post by skyliner » Sat May 22, 2010 4:06 pm

From what I can see this is closer to Smithfield that Evanston Gdns. Is the central Rd in the map Main Nth Rd.? If this is all built the gap between the northern extremity of the northern suburbs and Gawler will be much shorter. Always wondered how long it would be before greater Gawler linked to the Adelaide suburbs. Would give a better appearance than open dead flat featureless paddocks as an entry to the city. Saw all this for the first time in 1972 when I was showing the place to my girlfriend of the time. nonplussed then.

Impressed with the idea of linking up to the railway.

SA - STATE ON THE MOVE
Jack.

Hooligan
Legendary Member!

#412 Post by Hooligan » Sun May 23, 2010 3:09 am

Maybe Kudla station will get used now

Code: Select all

Signature removed 

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#413 Post by crawf » Sun May 23, 2010 4:46 pm

skyliner wrote:From what I can see this is closer to Smithfield that Evanston Gdns. Is the central Rd in the map Main Nth Rd.? If this is all built the gap between the northern extremity of the northern suburbs and Gawler will be much shorter. Always wondered how long it would be before greater Gawler linked to the Adelaide suburbs. Would give a better appearance than open dead flat featureless paddocks as an entry to the city. Saw all this for the first time in 1972 when I was showing the place to my girlfriend of the time. nonplussed then.

Impressed with the idea of linking up to the railway.

SA - STATE ON THE MOVE
Once the Northern Expressway is complete, alot of people will bypass Evanston, Elizabeth, Salisbury etc

Cam
Donating Member
Donating Member

#U/C: Hills House 159 Port Road | 3lvls | 3700sqm | Office

#414 Post by Cam » Sun May 23, 2010 7:04 pm

159 Port Road, Hindmarsh will be Adelaide's first suburban Green Star rated building to be constructed with a completion date set for 2011.
the building will consist of 3,882sqm. Net Lettable Area and offer Boutique Offices with Port Road exposure.
A multi-deck car park to the rear will provide carparking for over 300 cars.
•Adelaide's next 'High Street' offering
•3,700sqm. building
•Boutique offices with Port Road exposure
•Multideck carpark

Hills has secured a long term lease from Mossip Group upon construction .
The lease is primarily for the second and third levels.
'Hills House' is not the official name as yet.

from Colliers news site:

http://www.colliers.com.au/site/page.cf ... t&cId=1758
Adelaide's next fringe office hot spot
28/04/2010

Port Road Hindmarsh is facing a resurgence as it becomes Adelaide's next city fringe office hot spot, thanks to one of the largest office developments this year according to Nicholas Shinnick, Director of Office Leasing at Colliers International.

"Located on the northern side of Port Road, within three kilometres of the CBD will be Adelaide's first metropolitan 5 star green office facility. Developed over three stages, the $30 million project is an amalgamation of several land parcels that have a total site area of approximately 11,880sq m.

"Incorporating the former Brompton Methodist Church, a fine bluestone building and well known landmark, the project will include two new office buildings on either side of the Church. Comprising approximately 6,800sq m [of net lettable area], the development will be complimented by a multi-deck car park at the rear, with space for 320 cars.

Mr Shinnick said the project, which is being developed by owner Mossop Group, will accommodate their new headquarters when they take up occupancy of the refurbished Church building later this year.

"In addition, Hills Industries has secured a leasing pre-commitment for 3,000sq m in the 159 Port Road building, which located on the western side of the Church.

"Now that this three storey building has significant pre-commitment, almost 80%, construction can get underway. It is expected that this building will be completed by mid 2011 allowing Hills to relocate from their existing premises at Edwardstown.

"The second building, 153 Port Road, which comprises approximately 1,584sq m, is located on the eastern side of the Church and will be speculatively developed. It will be available for occupation in July 2010.

"The fact that this development has continued to move forward while the market is in recovery clearly demonstrates that confident levels are improving and while conditions may still seem challenging, the quality of this development along with the tenancies already secured are helping to create new benchmarks in the Fringe office market.

Mr Shinnick said there is real demand for quality "A Grade" office accommodation and the precinct has been lacking this for some time and the second building, whilst being developed without pre-commitment will appeal to a number of tenants already in the market.

"Assisted by the recent addition of the new Channel 7 headquarters on the corner of Port Road and Adam Street, the strip has already experienced a significant lift in profile."

"Align this with the State Governments recent tramline extension, park n' ride facilities and the Bowden village development which is right next door and we have even more reason the dynamics are about to change along the top end of Port Road."
Adelaide, Saudi Australia.

Xaragmata

Re: #U/C: Hills House 159 Port Road | 3lvls | 3700sqm | Offi

#415 Post by Xaragmata » Sun May 23, 2010 8:45 pm

Construction has been under way for some time, & I have been following it in the general suburban projects thread, but without a name

From April 29:

Cam
Donating Member
Donating Member

#416 Post by Cam » Sun May 23, 2010 9:44 pm

Ah, good photo X, your recording its progress.
I had to wait for a render of the site before I could post.
cheers, Cam.
Adelaide, Saudi Australia.

Xaragmata

#417 Post by Xaragmata » Sun May 23, 2010 10:19 pm

Cam wrote:Ah, good photo X, your recording its progress.
I had to wait for a render of the site before I could post.
cheers, Cam.
There wasn't much available on likely tenants, as Hills were intending to relocate to KWS when this one was starting.

Here's the site render from a year ago

JamesXander
High Rise Poster!

#418 Post by JamesXander » Wed May 26, 2010 12:30 am

so the resurgence of the inner west continues!

IMO within 10 years all the buildings along Port road up to the entertainment centre will be either commerical or residential. Massive developement will take off with the tram line, entertainment & bowden developements. West End might actually be worth something!

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Happenings on Unley Road

#419 Post by Wayno » Fri May 28, 2010 1:42 pm

Belair Rd is an extension of Unley Rd.

The AUDI car yard (google map location) near the Cross Rd intersection was demolished this week - presuming to rise again shortly.

A couple of fuzzy shots taken while driving.
belair-rd-caryard1.jpg
belair-rd-caryard1.jpg (44.79 KiB) Viewed 3989 times
belair-rd-caryard2.jpg
belair-rd-caryard2.jpg (36.12 KiB) Viewed 3989 times
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

brick
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#420 Post by brick » Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:25 pm

Nice work...i was wondering what was happening to this site.

I remember acouple of years back that Hills were going to develop a site on King William Road in the city, just next to the Optus building...does anyone know if this fell through, or was I just dreaming it?!?