[PRO] Keswick World Park (incl. Emergency Services HQ)

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
jimmy_2486
Legendary Member!

[PRO] Re: PROPOSED: $150m Adelaide Corporate Park, Keswick

#16 Post by jimmy_2486 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:23 pm

urban wrote:Everything should be there. Separating commercial, residential, recreation & retail makes for very bland urban areas. This has been shown again & again. If you compile a list of the best urban places in adelaide the top 10 or 20 would contain a mix of uses.

The residential component should also contain housing for a range of income earners.
Very true, like your attitude

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

[PRO] Re: Re:

#17 Post by Will » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:46 pm

bmw boy wrote:
Will wrote:It would be better if that land was dedicated to high-density housing for low to middle income earners. Thousands of people could live there and due to their proximity to the CBD these people would do most of their shopping in the city. However residential development will probabaly be more expensive as due to the industrial past of the land the soil would require more money spent to make it safe.
Is this just for the are next to/behind the office furnitutre store? I cant wait for the whole area where inghams and the lecornu warhouse etc is to be transfromed into townhouses and appartments, plus more of this business stuff.

Im all for high density residential developements in this area. But why would you want to aim new residences 2 mins drive from the city at low income earners?
What would be produced wouldnt be of a high quality standard, would it?...
In my post, I did say that the housing should be designed for low to middle income earners.

I support my initial statement because I believe that everyone has the right to live in decent accomodation. Making low-income people live in ghettos results in crime and social degeneration. The city centre will be enhanced by having different demographics living in close proximity to it. The vibe of the city, will not be enhanced solely by rich baby-boomers, but rather by a mixture of different people.

urban
Legendary Member!

#18 Post by urban » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:49 pm

Well said Will

bmw boy
High Rise Poster!

[PRO] Re: Re:

#19 Post by bmw boy » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:06 pm

Will wrote:
bmw boy wrote:
Will wrote:It would be better if that land was dedicated to high-density housing for low to middle income earners. Thousands of people could live there and due to their proximity to the CBD these people would do most of their shopping in the city. However residential development will probabaly be more expensive as due to the industrial past of the land the soil would require more money spent to make it safe.
Is this just for the are next to/behind the office furnitutre store? I cant wait for the whole area where inghams and the lecornu warhouse etc is to be transfromed into townhouses and appartments, plus more of this business stuff.

Im all for high density residential developements in this area. But why would you want to aim new residences 2 mins drive from the city at low income earners?
What would be produced wouldnt be of a high quality standard, would it?...
In my post, I did say that the housing should be designed for low to middle income earners.

I support my initial statement because I believe that everyone has the right to live in decent accomodation. Making low-income people live in ghettos results in crime and social degeneration. The city centre will be enhanced by having different demographics living in close proximity to it. The vibe of the city, will not be enhanced solely by rich baby-boomers, but rather by a mixture of different people.

I also support my initial statement...I understand your point. I am not saying low income people should be made to live in these called 'ghettos'... but it's a fact you live out of the size of your pocket. Anyway... there was already a big heated discussion on this issue in another thread so lets keep it out of here.

It is just my opinion that such a vast area of land, so close to the city should be maximised to its greatest potential. Theres not really any other area in Adelaide which has such potential and characteristics that the kewswick industral area has to offer (once vactaed... when ever that will be).

People with a lower income dont have to live in the 'ghetto', for eg they can pay abit more to live in near by Brompton which is currently being redevloped and is only around 5-10 mintues away from the CBD. Having said that.....I don't know about you, but I wouldnt find a new developement in this area similar to brompton attractive ... its simply an underutalisation of prime space.

jimmy_2486
Legendary Member!

#20 Post by jimmy_2486 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:11 pm

I guess your right there Will.

Probable way of accommodating them will be to include studio or very small apartments.

Im expecting high rises in mile end should be fetching around 200 gran for a 1 bedroom

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#21 Post by Ben » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:42 pm

Won't be any high rises in Mile End. Some time the planes fly only a few metres above the houses.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#22 Post by crawf » Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:12 pm

lol a few metres eh? :wink:
beamer85 wrote:From colliers website
Office m2: 1,000 - 37,000

Situated on the northern side of Richmond Road on the south western corner of the South Parklands within minutes of the CBD. Exposure to and vehicle access from Richmond Road as well as Everard Avenue.
That looks really nice, that should improve that part of Richmond Road and bring new life into the area.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#23 Post by Will » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:03 pm

jimmy_2486 wrote:I guess your right there Will.

Probable way of accommodating them will be to include studio or very small apartments.

Im expecting high rises in mile end should be fetching around 200 gran for a 1 bedroom
If the accomodation was built with profits in mind, then you are correct in saying that the apartments would be very small and cost $200 000. And judging from reports mentioned today on the news, low income earners and even some middle income earners would not be able to afford $200 000.

I think that the government should build residential apartments, and sell them at least to cover the cost of construction. To avoid higher income people from buying the apartments, they should only be sold to approved low-income people, such as people on Housing Trust waiting lists, or people with a Health Care card.

jimmy_2486
Legendary Member!

#24 Post by jimmy_2486 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:32 pm

The only way this would occur will is if the government funded it through the housing trust.

Will be interesting to see if the government would fund such a big residential project.

rhino
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#25 Post by rhino » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:44 am

Colliers wrote:Office m2: 1,000 - 37,000

Situated on the northern side of Richmond Road on the south western corner of the South Parklands within minutes of the CBD. Exposure to and vehicle access from Richmond Road as well as Everard Avenue.
Huh? Last time I was down that way, Everard Avenue was a few hundred metres south of Richmond Road and this site. Have they moved it? :?
cheers,
Rhino

rhino
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#26 Post by rhino » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:47 am

Will wrote: I think that the government should build residential apartments, and sell them at least to cover the cost of construction. To avoid higher income people from buying the apartments, they should only be sold to approved low-income people, such as people on Housing Trust waiting lists, or people with a Health Care card.
This is a good idea, and is basically what the Government/Housing Trust did 50 or 60 years ago - they built affordable housing and sold it. Look at areas like Henley Beach South. People who bought them looked after them, had a sense of ownership. They should do this again.
cheers,
Rhino

urban
Legendary Member!

#27 Post by urban » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:48 am

Will wrote:I think that the government should build residential apartments, and sell them at least to cover the cost of construction. To avoid higher income people from buying the apartments, they should only be sold to approved low-income people, such as people on Housing Trust waiting lists, or people with a Health Care card.
Rudd's $500mil for housing would be much better spent on setting up a system such as this than his current proposal which will only increase urban sprawl & burden states & councils with additional infrastructure to maintain.

jimmy_2486
Legendary Member!

#28 Post by jimmy_2486 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:14 pm

Here Here!!

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

[PRO] #U/C: World Park 01 | $170m | 3x6lvl | Office | Keswick

#29 Post by Ben » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:05 pm

Thought this deseves it's own thread.
From the messenger:

THIS is the first image of a proposed $170 million office complex that would dramatically change the Richmond Rd landscape.

The Keswick development, to be called ``World Park: 01'', would include three, six-storey office buildings, a multi-deck car park and a pavilion, along with a child care centre, gym, cafes and shops.

The vacant site, owned by Axiom Properties Ltd, covers part of the former Australian National Railways headquarters
The company submitted plans to West Torrens Council last month.

West Torrens CEO Trevor Starr said it was a ``very important development for the area" and could provide up to 3500 jobs.
``It also means a lot of money for the area in terms of rates," he said.

A similar office complex for the same site was proposed in 2002 by former owner Advan Office Property Trust but it never got off the ground.

Mr Starr said the land had been zoned industrial at the time and there were lengthy delays with rezoning it before the complex could proceed. He said the council would get a consultant to help planning staff assess the application because of the development's size.

The Development Assessment Panel is expected to make a decision on the proposal by the end of the year.

Mr Starr the development also aimed to be ``water neutral'', meaning water would not need to be brought on to the site, achieved through such devices as waterless urinals and low-flow taps.

By CHANTELLE KROEHN and JAKE DEAN
Not sure how a waterless urinal would work...

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

[PRO] Re: World Park: 01 Keswick

#30 Post by Ben » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:06 pm

A substantial amount of this development has already got pre committment from a big corporation not based in the CBD so will not impact on the current building boom in the CBD too much.