PRO: High Ropes Course for Adelaide Shores

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: News & Discussion: Metropolitan Developments

#1 Post by Wayno » Mon May 26, 2014 6:20 pm

22m tall rope obstacle course planned for west beach.

From AdelaideNow:
THE nation’s first freestanding aerial adventure playground is being proposed for West Beach.

Plans for the 22m-high rope obstacle course have been lodged with the State Government by the Adelaide Shores tourism precinct.

The proposal includes a four-storey climbing frame, with obstacles such as swinging tyres, hanging vines and plank walks, which users would navigate while harnessed and tethered.

The structure would also include viewing platforms at each level.

The public playground is planned for vacant land on Military Rd, near Hamra Ave by West Beach Trust — which operates under the Adelaide Shores name. Chief executive Kate Williams said similar courses were popular overseas.

“It would be the first of its kind in Australia and we’d expect, if it goes ahead, that it would attract huge interest from schools and sporting groups, (as well as) corporate and fitness markets,” she said.

“There are a number of highly successful examples across the globe, particularly in Europe and Asia, and building one at Adelaide Shores would certainly put South Australia on the map for adventure tourism and recreation.

If approved, construction is expected to take three months and the park could be open later this year.

Ms Williams said the development was in keeping with West Beach Trust board’s requirements to “manage the land as a state-significant tourism and recreation precinct”.

The park is being designed by adventure tourism company TouchCloud Global.

Director Matt Scott said the course would be the first freestanding aerial adventure park in Australia.

“The others are all tree based, so this has a different feel and it allows us to have a more family orientated experience,” he said.
Check out the Touch Cloud Global website http://touchcloudglobal.com. Some interesting projects!
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#2 Post by monotonehell » Mon May 26, 2014 8:27 pm

Wayno wrote:Check out the Touch Cloud Global website http://touchcloudglobal.com. Some interesting projects!
This is relevant to Pushbutton's interests. (I think)
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

rhino
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#3 Post by rhino » Tue May 27, 2014 9:38 am

Yes, I was going to ask "Where is Pushbutton??"
cheers,
Rhino

pushbutton
Legendary Member!

PRO: High Ropes Course for Adelaide Shores

#4 Post by pushbutton » Tue May 27, 2014 6:47 pm

Proposed on Military Road in Adelaide Shores is this quite impressive looking High Ropes Course!

I will definitely be a regular customer (and I suspect one of many) if it goes ahead.

This is an attraction which could appeal to anyone from older children upwards in age. It would be placed in a location where it would not interfere with any residential views and would fit perfectly with the surroundings in terms of purpose. The only objection I can see anyone having it it's a high(ish) structure in very close proximity to the airport and right in the path of flights landing. However it won't be very high so I doubt even that will stop it going ahead. I'm pretty hopeful on this one.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/messenger ... 6932137742
high ropes.jpg
high ropes.jpg (52 KiB) Viewed 7555 times

pushbutton
Legendary Member!

Re: PRO: High Ropes Course for Adelaide Shores

#5 Post by pushbutton » Tue May 27, 2014 7:00 pm

Typical of the Advertiser (or in this case Messenger) they're saying it would be
THE nation’s first freestanding aerial adventure playground
Not true as I know there's one at Sea World in the Gold Coast. There might well be others interstate too. However it would certainly be the first in SA, so that would be something special.

If the artists impression is accurate, it appears there would be a section you can swing on (in the foreground to the left), kind of like an adult version of a playground swing. If so that is something I've never seen on any other high ropes course and would be very exciting.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#6 Post by Ben » Wed May 28, 2014 10:16 am

Can't wait for this!

Nort
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#7 Post by Nort » Wed May 28, 2014 2:58 pm

Looks like a fun little development, very much hope it goes ahead.

pushbutton
Legendary Member!

#8 Post by pushbutton » Wed May 28, 2014 3:32 pm

Having looked at it more closely, I think the small raised bit might even be a smaller (but still big enough) version of what I've seen at Wet & Wild, which is one where you lie flat and fly (rather than just swing) forward and backwards, kind of like a pendulum.

If that's the case then it would be absolutely AWESOME and could really start to attract some tourists, as well as potentially more interest from developers to create more attractions.

ml69
Legendary Member!

#9 Post by ml69 » Wed May 28, 2014 10:15 pm

I'd prefer if this was located somewhere in the Adelaide parklands, as I think it would be a perfect complementary recreational use. But not to be, kudos to Adelaide Shores for proposing something a little different and interesting.

pushbutton
Legendary Member!

#10 Post by pushbutton » Thu May 29, 2014 8:27 am

That's no reason why Adelaide parklands couldn't have something new and exciting too.

pushbutton
Legendary Member!

#11 Post by pushbutton » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:16 am

I am staying at Adelaide Shores at the moment and they are giving out brochures to all guests saying this development will open in the first half of 2015.

It will be branded as MEGA Aerial Adventures Course.
It's nearly enough to make me wish I wasn't moving to the Gold Coast!

Well actually no. It's not! Still looks good though.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#12 Post by crawf » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:55 pm

Wow I completely forgot about this.

This and the Kings Point entertainment complex will boast tourism appeal for Adelaide and help shrug off the boring tag.

From the Adelaide Shores website
M.E.G.A Adventure Park

Coming soon to Adelaide Shores!

We are excited to become home to Australia’s first aerial adventure park in the first half of 2015!

A world-class aerial adventure park, expected to be amongst the world’s largest, tallest and most technically advanced, will be built within the Adelaide Shores precinct at West Beach over the coming months. To be known as the “M.E.G.A. Adventure Park @ Adelaide Shores”, the facility is being constructed by Australian company TouchCloud Global, a world- leader in the provision of aerial adventure structures.

The thrilling 26 metre-high, purpose-built structure will be located between the Resort & Caravan Park on Military Road and will feature up to 120 activities involving suspension bridges, swings, free fall jumps and leaps, scramble nets, chasms, zip wires and vertical climbs. The structure will incorporate the latest technology, giving everyone from toddlers to grandparents an exciting, educational and exhilarating experience in a challenging and safe environment. The adventure park will have 54 linked activity cloudstations and viewing platform on all major levels, providing non-harnessed guests with the opportunity to share the adventure with family and friends.

Sign up to our newsletter and like us on Facebook for all the latest news on construction and opening dates!

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

#13 Post by Wayno » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:58 pm

Apparently this is nearing completion. Will open in time for summer:
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

pushbutton
Legendary Member!

#14 Post by pushbutton » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:14 am

Looking really good, and with the new lagoon pool under construction too, Adelaide Shores will be an even better place for holidays!