[PRO] 10 Anzac Highway | Mixed Use

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

[PRO] Re: 10 Anzac Highway | Kaufland Supermarket

#61 Post by SRW » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:33 pm

Well, I hope that means this site can now live up to its potential for higher density residential. I can still see an Aldi or Woolies trying to secure space here, but I think council should be strict about the proportion of the site meant for residential. There's an opportunity now to get a much better outcome than the less than 50% Kaufland proposed.
Keep Adelaide Weird

SouthAussie94
Legendary Member!

#62 Post by SouthAussie94 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:53 pm

For Sale sign is already up on ANZAC Highway
"All we are is bags of bones pushing against a self imposed tide. Just be content with staying alive"

Views and opinions expressed are my own and don't necessarily reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation

pushbutton
Legendary Member!

#63 Post by pushbutton » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:20 pm

I really hope it doesn't become another infamous abandoned former Le Cornu site!

Eurostar
Legendary Member!

#64 Post by Eurostar » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:04 pm

What's the height limit for the site?

[Shuz]
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#65 Post by [Shuz] » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:21 am

Now is the perfect time for the State Government to step in, buy the site, and have Renewal SA lead a mixed use development like what they did at Bowden. Which is what should have been done in the first place.
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

PeFe

#66 Post by PeFe » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:21 pm

Maybe the Kaufland site could become a "tod" (transit orientated development) project for the area.

Leader Street and Maple Street would be the boundaries with development being all apartments, with the light industry moved elsewhere.

A small shopping centre (with a supermarket) could be built at the Anzac Highway end servicing the new residents.

And why is it a tod?......because within 10 minutes you have 2 train stations (serviced by the Seaford/Flinders and Belair lines) providing very good frequency and buses along Anzac Highway.

A chance to build AROUND good public transport......not as far away from public transport/train lines that has been so common in Adelaide in the past.

And those hidden train stations in Adelaide back streets might actually see a lot better patronage.

how good is he
Legendary Member!

#67 Post by how good is he » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:34 pm

Does anyone know if the neighbouring site ever had any interested buyers [which Kaufland owned and had for sale]. I believe this was for apartments/medium density residential and it would be a good indication of the residential/developer interest or lack thereof.

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#68 Post by SRW » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:03 am

Article outlining predictable comments: 'Fears Kaufland pull-out will lead to prominent Adelaide sites becoming eyesores like Le Cornu' as reported by ABC News
Keep Adelaide Weird

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#69 Post by SRW » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:05 am

how good is he wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:34 pm
Does anyone know if the neighbouring site ever had any interested buyers [which Kaufland owned and had for sale]. I believe this was for apartments/medium density residential and it would be a good indication of the residential/developer interest or lack thereof.
The townhouse and apartment development at Third Avenue just past KFC seems to have sold well given its quick progress from proposal to construction. And the old Caroma site in Norwood of similar scale and distance from CBD has substantial plans in place. I just hope that this site ends up becoming something closer to Bowden than Glenside.
Keep Adelaide Weird

d3v310per
High Rise Poster!

#70 Post by d3v310per » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:52 pm

SRW wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:05 am
The townhouse and apartment development at Third Avenue just past KFC seems to have sold well given its quick progress from proposal to construction. And the old Caroma site in Norwood of similar scale and distance from CBD has substantial plans in place. I just hope that this site ends up becoming something closer to Bowden than Glenside.
Totally agree with that SRW. Glenside is a real disappointment to me... the dwellings are of no better quality than whats on offer at Lightsview (or elsewhere for that matter). I can't help but wonder how the bright-white exteriors will stand the test of time at Glenside. Many dwellings at Lightsview are already showing their age with fading timber and paintwork. Surely this site will more closely resemble Bowden?!

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#71 Post by rev » Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:01 pm

Department of Defence might have something to say about high rise developments so close to an active base.
But it would be nice to see a high density development between the southern edge of the base, Anzac Hwy, the train line, and Leader street. The western side of Anzac Hwy between Richmond road and the KFC would also be good for apartment developments.

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#72 Post by SRW » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:03 pm

rev wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:01 pm
Department of Defence might have something to say about high rise developments so close to an active base.
But it would be nice to see a high density development between the southern edge of the base, Anzac Hwy, the train line, and Leader street. The western side of Anzac Hwy between Richmond road and the KFC would also be good for apartment developments.
They don't, it's already zoned for it in planning law. Also, Keswick is a barracks, meaning more of a dormitory than a base.
Keep Adelaide Weird

EBG

#73 Post by EBG » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:06 pm

18/3/2020 This site has now been completely cleared. Let's hope it does not remain vacant forever like Le Cornu's North Adelaide. please click on picture for bigger,
Attachments
20200318_lecornu.jpg

Spotto
Legendary Member!

#74 Post by Spotto » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:00 pm

It's a shame that Renewal SA didn't snap up the site. If it had been turned into a Bowden-style development keeping part of the saw-tooth factory

It would've been a nice feature to keep some of the brick facade along Maple Avenue as part of the new construction or even part of the old saw-tooth factory itself.

Patrick_27

#75 Post by Patrick_27 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:59 pm

Spotto wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:00 pm
It's a shame that Renewal SA didn't snap up the site. If it had been turned into a Bowden-style development keeping part of the saw-tooth factory

It would've been a nice feature to keep some of the brick facade along Maple Avenue as part of the new construction or even part of the old saw-tooth factory itself.
Stop making so much sense! This state can't handle it!