[COM] Moseley Square Redevelopment

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#31 Post by Will » Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:30 am

I am also happy to say that I was wrong with my initial negativity regarding this project. Moseley Square looks like a Mediterranean plaza with the colourful heritage buildings, palm trees and al-fresco dining. Very nice indeed!

AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#32 Post by AtD » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:37 pm

It does have fencing along it on the other side of the platform, and it used to have fencing on the beach side too. I guess they realised that even if a tram goes that far, it'd be going at walking pace because of the great big stone at the end of the track. :)

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

[COM]

#33 Post by crawf » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:02 pm

Not bad...

Mants
Legendary Member!

[COM]

#34 Post by Mants » Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:54 pm

i was down there about a month ago, and i thought it looked pretty good then with all the cafes and stuff openned out onto the square. has a really beachy and relaxed yet sophisticated feel.

is the water feature shown in those pictures?

pushbutton
Legendary Member!

[COM]

#35 Post by pushbutton » Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:20 pm

Yes I agree. I saw it last weekend for the first time since completion, and whilst there's nothing mind-blowing there and they could have spent a lot more on it, I do think it looks very good and helps integrate the holdfast shores development into jetty road very nicely.

Glenelg now is unrecognisable from the Glenelg of 10 years ago, and at least 10 times better IMO