News & Discussion: O-Bahn

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
cmet
High Rise Poster!

Re: News & Discussion: O-Bahn

Post by cmet »

O-Bahn partially closed as a bus has come off the track.
adelaide transport
High Rise Poster!

Post by adelaide transport »

It has been closed between Klemzig Interchange and Paradise Interchange since Monday mornings incident. The damage to the bus is quite extensive.
Repairs are currently being carried out to the track.
ChillyPhilly
Super Size Scraper Poster!

Post by ChillyPhilly »

The AEC SA branch has called out the Liberals for deliberately misleading the community regarding the possible O-Bahn extension.
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.
Brucetiki
Legendary Member!

Post by Brucetiki »

ChillyPhilly wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:38 am
The AEC SA branch has called out the Liberals for deliberately misleading the community regarding the possible O-Bahn extension.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-04-11/ ... /100061606

The Libs tried to claim that Labor were considering an expansion that would destroy dozens of homes - and advertised this to houses in the area. The electoral commission found the claims misleading.
SBD

Post by SBD »

Brucetiki wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:12 am
ChillyPhilly wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:38 am
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-04-11/ ... /100061606

The Libs tried to claim that Labor were considering an expansion that would destroy dozens of homes - and advertised this to houses in the area. The electoral commission found the claims misleading.
I feel like the "retraction" will be along the lines of "we told you that Labor had a plan to extend the O-Bahn. WE WERE WRONG. Labor has NO PLANS to improve public transport in the northeastern suburbs.

Small print could extend that with quotes from Messrs Koutsantonis and Malinauskas to the effect that they have "...indicated it would look into options for extending the O-Bahn, there were no current plans to do so." and that they have not ruled out acquiring houses to do so.

I'm not sure how much Labor has won by this action.
ChillyPhilly

Post by ChillyPhilly »

I could be mistaken, but that could also be misleading as this project was first mooted by Labor from memory.
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.
SBD

Post by SBD »

ChillyPhilly wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:14 am
I could be mistaken, but that could also be misleading as this project was first mooted by Labor from memory.
I think you could be right, so forcing Liberal to release a new leaflet that confirms that Labor DOES NOT HAVE A PLAN feels like a mis-step by Labor to me.

I wonder if the electoral commission worked faster than Labor expected. It would have been much better for Labor if the Liberal-funded flyers could have been forced to say "Labor DOES have a plan to do XYZ, and will not destroy any homes to do it".