[U/C] M2 North-South Motorway

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
Nathan
Super Size Scraper Poster!

[U/C] Re: News & Discussion: South Road / North-South Corridor

#1936 Post by Nathan » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:06 pm

Brucetiki wrote:Noticed someone's already made their way up on the bridge and tagged all over it :evil:
Considering there are crews working on the project all night, how the hell does that happen?

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#1937 Post by rev » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:49 pm

Nathan wrote:
Brucetiki wrote:Noticed someone's already made their way up on the bridge and tagged all over it :evil:
Considering there are crews working on the project all night, how the hell does that happen?
They're not working on every section simultaneously every night(or day) continuously.
That's how it happened. Because punk kids jump fences. Because they are kids. Bored. Nothing better to do. Want to rebel. Hate authority and being told what to do. Because some are shit heads.

I drove through Pym street every day last week and only once did I see a worker at the intersection..and he was collecting bottles and other rubbish from inside the fenced off areas.

how good is he
Legendary Member!

#1938 Post by how good is he » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:52 pm

They probably even stole the security cameras if they were connected...

Brucetiki
Legendary Member!

#1939 Post by Brucetiki » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:33 pm

Nathan wrote:
Looks like they've had today and yesterday off and the punks took advantage of it.

Llessur2002

#1940 Post by Llessur2002 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:06 pm

Absolutely inevitable that this would happen (and will continue to happen) - it's such a prominent spot.

Will be interesting to see how and if this is combatted in the future - I'm not sure that cameras would even be a massive deterrent. I reckon taggers would be happy to run the gauntlet, get up there, spray a tag and leg it before the cops arrive.

Chuck a couple of Wilson guys up there all night every night for the next 50 years?

Goodsy
Legendary Member!

#1941 Post by Goodsy » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:57 pm

Llessur2002 wrote:Absolutely inevitable that this would happen (and will continue to happen) - it's such a prominent spot.

Will be interesting to see how and if this is combatted in the future - I'm not sure that cameras would even be a massive deterrent. I reckon taggers would be happy to run the gauntlet, get up there, spray a tag and leg it before the cops arrive.

Chuck a couple of Wilson guys up there all night every night for the next 50 years?
Commission actual artists to do something good with it or paint it with a paint resistant coating

Waewick

#1942 Post by Waewick » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:50 pm

CCTV and long jail time.

Nathan

#1943 Post by Nathan » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:05 pm

GoodSmackUp wrote:Commission actual artists to do something good with it
I wish that worked. Other street artists tend to leave work alone, but taggers don't give a shit.

Kasey771
Legendary Member!

#1944 Post by Kasey771 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:29 am

Nathan wrote:
GoodSmackUp wrote:Commission actual artists to do something good with it
I wish that worked. Other street artists tend to leave work alone, but taggers don't give a shit.
Armed patrols? shoot the first tagging scrote and the rest'll learn quick-smart! I wish :(
Big infrastructure investments are usually under-valued and & over-criticized while in the planning stage. It's much easier to envision the here and now costs and inconveniences, and far more difficult to imagine fully the eventual benefits.

HeapsGood
High Rise Poster!
Location: At the Adelaide Airport thankfully now not having to use a Dyson Airblade

#1945 Post by HeapsGood » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:18 am

Most big spray paint murals deter graffiti tagging... they just need to have less blank spaces....the little losers will spray and kind of area without detail.
*Looks at Dyson Airblade Factory* "I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure"

Nathan

#1946 Post by Nathan » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:30 am

HeapsGood wrote:Most big spray paint murals deter graffiti tagging... they just need to have less blank spaces....the little losers will spray and kind of area without detail.
Nope. I've seen plenty of murals that have been defaced by taggers. They might hold off a little longer than if it was a blank wall, but once one appears then it becomes open season.

Llessur2002

#1947 Post by Llessur2002 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:39 am

Yeah, sadly the train mural at Brompton only took a few months to be tagged. Just rubbish stuff too, nothing remotely arty or talented.

A couple of years ago the fantastic mural on the tram overpass at Forestville Reserve was heavily tagged before it was even finished. Once the artists moved out it was absolutely ruined within a week and painted over by the council just a couple of months after its completion.

As per the above comment, at best they'll delay things for a little while but will inevitably be tagged in due course.

rhino

#1948 Post by rhino » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:52 pm

When caught they should have their own trendy clothes and shoes tagged (with their own spray paint, until the tins are empty)and be told that if their attitude is "who cares? It's not my property" then that is society's attitude towards them, too.
cheers,
Rhino

ChillyPhilly

#1949 Post by ChillyPhilly » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:13 am

The latest from Nearmap, taken Saturday, 21 January. This shows the intersection with Grange Road. Work continues on and around the bridge deck.

Multi-view, looking north:

Multi-view, looking south:
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

HeapsGood
High Rise Poster!
Location: At the Adelaide Airport thankfully now not having to use a Dyson Airblade

#1950 Post by HeapsGood » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:04 pm

A few pages back there were suggestions on linking the SE Freeway with the the Sth/Nth Corridor.

Still something that can be achieved? What is the best way to do this?

The end of the SE Freeway, traveling down Cross Road, linking up to the corridor?

The end of the SE Freeway, down Glen Osmond Road (thus going straight to the CBD), down Greenhill - linking up to the corridor?

Would there be any viability in the option below? (although I imagine it probably goes through a hell of a lot of hills and would be expensive.)
Attachments
Untitled111.jpg
Untitled111.jpg (213.43 KiB) Viewed 1907 times
Last edited by HeapsGood on Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*Looks at Dyson Airblade Factory* "I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure"