News & Discussion: Adelaide Airport & Airlines

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
Alyx
High Rise Poster!

Re: News & Discussion: Adelaide Airport & Airlines

#1996 Post by Alyx » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:49 am

crawf wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:10 am
How much is the penalty for flying outside the curfew?
Australian Government wrote:
  • In exceptional circumstances the Minister may grant dispensations for aircraft to operate when they would not otherwise be allowed to do so. These must be issued in accordance with guidelines, which define what are ‘exceptional circumstances’.
  • The Act provides for fines up to $170,000 for a body corporate.
https://infrastructure.gov.au/aviation/ ... Brief.aspx

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#1997 Post by Norman » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:03 am

It's probably louder because of the heat, the engines need to work harder.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#1998 Post by rev » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:57 am

It’s because of atmospheric conditions.

adelaide transport
High Rise Poster!

#1999 Post by adelaide transport » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:09 am

Last night Emirates EK 441 left Adelaide at 1150pm(official timetable departure time 1035pm).It was late getting into Adelaide.

how good is he
Legendary Member!

#2000 Post by how good is he » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:21 am

Obviously during the curfew. Can someone explain how the curfew actually works? On what grounds can planes land/take off during the curfew? Have planes (esp international planes) ever had to land at interstate airports as they were not allowed to land here during the curfew hours?

I Follow PAFC
High Rise Poster!

#2001 Post by I Follow PAFC » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:59 am

We're off to Newcastle! Adelaide Airport welcomes the announcement today that FlyPelican will introduce the first direct service between Adelaide and Newcastle from March. The service will operate three times a week - on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. It will provide a great alternative for customers wanting to travel to the Central Coast, Hunter and North Coast regions of NSW without having to travel via Sydney. Go to www.flypelican.com.au to book your seats.

https://www.facebook.com/AdelaideAirpor ... 0446721324
I Follow The Port Adelaide Football Club
https://www.facebook.com/IFollowThePAFC/

adelaide transport
High Rise Poster!

#2002 Post by adelaide transport » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:22 pm

I Follow PAFC wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:59 am
We're off to Newcastle! Adelaide Airport welcomes the announcement today that FlyPelican will introduce the first direct service between Adelaide and Newcastle from March. The service will operate three times a week - on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. It will provide a great alternative for customers wanting to travel to the Central Coast, Hunter and North Coast regions of NSW without having to travel via Sydney. Go to www.flypelican.com.au to book your seats.

The service will be operated by Alliance Airlines.

Maximus
Legendary Member!

#2003 Post by Maximus » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:36 am

how good is he wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:21 am
Obviously during the curfew. Can someone explain how the curfew actually works? On what grounds can planes land/take off during the curfew? Have planes (esp international planes) ever had to land at interstate airports as they were not allowed to land here during the curfew hours?
Certain types of aircraft (mainly propeller-driven aircraft) can land and take-off at any time, and the curfew also doesn't apply in cases of genuine emergency, etc. Outside of this, an airline needs to be able to demonstrate 'exceptional circumstances' to obtain approval to land or take-off during curfew. 'Exceptional' usually means that the circumstances are immediate, unforeseen, and not able to be met by alternative arrangements.

And, yes, aircraft are occasionally diverted -- I was on this flight that was diverted to Canberra! Generally speaking, though, airlines will obtain approval to land during curfew prior to taking off from the departure port.
It's = it is; its = everything else.
You're = you are; your = belongs to.
Than = comparative ("bigger than"); then = next.

Brucetiki
Legendary Member!

#2004 Post by Brucetiki » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:26 am

adelaide transport wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:22 pm
I Follow PAFC wrote:

On a F100 - I don't think FlyPelican's own planes could do ADL-NTL non-stop.

Also, they're not exactly price competitive - $250 each way, if you're viewing it as an alternative to flying into Sydney (ala Tullamarine v Avalon). Plus it's a 3 hour train ride from Newcastle to Central (which is actually around half the price of a far from Central to Sydney Domestic).

SBD
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#2005 Post by SBD » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:46 pm

Brucetiki wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:26 am
adelaide transport wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:22 pm
I Follow PAFC wrote:

On a F100 - I don't think FlyPelican's own planes could do ADL-NTL non-stop.

Also, they're not exactly price competitive - $250 each way, if you're viewing it as an alternative to flying into Sydney (ala Tullamarine v Avalon). Plus it's a 3 hour train ride from Newcastle to Central (which is actually around half the price of a far from Central to Sydney Domestic).
How does it compare on price and time if your destination is in the Newcastle area? The quoted message isn't marketing to Sydney travellers.

Defence and Wine are market sectors that are represented near Adelaide and Newcastle. I'd guess that they might be the business segment, along with tourism and family/friend flights. Flying direct to Newcastle for a weekend in the Hunter Valley sounds much more attractive than flying via Melbourne or hiring a car from Sydney for that weekend tasting non-SA wine.

Splashmo
High Rise Poster!

#2006 Post by Splashmo » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:55 pm

As a new domestic airline into Adelaide, it will be tough to succeed. I hope they have a big marketing budget. Your average traveller will still type Newcastle into the Qantas, Virgin or Jetstar websites.

Ho Really
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#2007 Post by Ho Really » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:02 pm

Not sure if this was reported much earlier but China Southern are making changes to their Northern Summer 2018 Guangzhou-Adelaide service.

Starting 25 March 2018, China Southern plans to operate an Airbus A330-200 aircraft, instead of the larger A330-300, 3 times a week.

CZ663 CAN Dep: 22:10 – Arr: 08:55+1 ADL Airbus A330-200 on Wednesday, Friday, Sunday
CZ664 ADL Dep: 10:30 – Arr: 18:05 CAN Airbus A330-200 on Monday, Thursday, Saturday

Cheers
Confucius say: Dumb man climb tree to get cherry, wise man spread limbs.

AdelaideGold
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#2008 Post by AdelaideGold » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:38 am

Sir Tim said Emirates would likely replace its remaining 777s flying into Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide with A380s following its recent order.

http://www.smh.com.au/business/aviation ... 4yz04.html

HeapsGood
High Rise Poster!
Location: At the Adelaide Airport thankfully now not having to use a Dyson Airblade

#2009 Post by HeapsGood » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:46 pm

I don't know how long the Adelaide Airport has had the upgraded bathrooms, but they are fantastic. They have ditched the disgusting horrible Dyson Airblades for an easy to use under the mirror soap, water and drying system. It is simply fantastic. WD to Adelaide Airport. I am a very happy man.
*Looks at Dyson Airblade Factory* "I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure"

OlympusAnt
High Rise Poster!

#2010 Post by OlympusAnt » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:45 pm

Tomorrow is the last day that the old international terminal will see operation, with Rex Arrivals to be diverted to the main terminal and taxi rank from Tuesday.

The end of an era.
Follow me on Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/135625678@N06/