[COM] Oaklands Crossing | $174m

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
GrowAdelaide
High Rise Poster!

[COM] Re: Oaklands Crossing | $174m

#841 Post by GrowAdelaide » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:40 pm

SRW wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:46 pm
metro wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:43 pm
SRW wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:56 pm
Weird. Time out bench?
I believe that bench is there as a requirement, a place for the elderly folks to rest while they hike up and down the long ramps to get between the ground and platform levels. :lol:
They didn't have to face it to the wall, as though you're there to think about how naughty you've been :lol:
Possibly a safety requirement? In Japan they have shifted all seating on station platforms to be facing along the platform itself (rather than the tracks) to prevent drunk/tired people standing up and staggering over the edge. Also makes it harder for things like strollers/wheeled suitcases to roll onto the tracks.

how good is he
Legendary Member!

#842 Post by how good is he » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:16 pm

There is quite a bit of temporary fencing around properties to be demolished/land to be cleared from the Oaklands crossing continuing on Diagonal Rd to opp. the Aquatic Centre/Westfield Marion. Anyone know what the plan is? Or if its just going to be a wider, better lit path with landscaping etc?

SouthAussie94
High Rise Poster!

#843 Post by SouthAussie94 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:16 am

how good is he wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:16 pm
There is quite a bit of temporary fencing around properties to be demolished/land to be cleared from the Oaklands crossing continuing on Diagonal Rd to opp. the Aquatic Centre/Westfield Marion. Anyone know what the plan is? Or if its just going to be a wider, better lit path with landscaping etc?
They're upgrading the park adjacent to the station. Landscaping, play equipment, all the usual park stuff.
"All we are is bags of bones pushing against a self imposed tide. Just be content with staying alive"

Views and opinions expressed are my own and don't necessarily reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation

kymbosa
High Rise Poster!

#844 Post by kymbosa » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:18 pm

SouthAussie94 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:16 am
how good is he wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:16 pm
They're upgrading the park adjacent to the station. Landscaping, play equipment, all the usual park stuff.
I did a video look at the platform; the area adjacent to the train station looks really smart. Half court Basketball, benches and well signed to inform people of what’s in the area.

My video is, OAKLANDS STATION - Adelaide Rail Network, Seaford Line

https://youtu.be/U2qk5-EUWKU