[COM] Adelaide Oval Redevelopment

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
AdelaideAlive
High Rise Poster!

[COM] Re: U/C: Adelaide Oval Redevelopment | 53,500 | $545m

#2581 Post by AdelaideAlive » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:30 pm

not sure if this has been posted as yet , but its an updated list of all the function rooms and bars etc in all the stands plus a sample menu for the restaurants :banana:

http://www.adelaideoval.com.au/library/ ... Online.pdf

http://www.adelaideoval.com.au/library/ ... Sample.pdf

Kasey771
Legendary Member!

#2582 Post by Kasey771 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:27 pm

Pictures taken Wednesday afternoon 03April2013
viewed from the Scoreboard panning across the Eastern Stand towards the City(Southern) end.

Big infrastructure investments are usually under-valued and & over-criticized while in the planning stage. It's much easier to envision the here and now costs and inconveniences, and far more difficult to imagine fully the eventual benefits.

buildit83
Gold-Member ;)

#2583 Post by buildit83 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:25 am

thanks for the photo update, its really good to see the progress week by week! it seems that they're putting in place about two of the white support beams per week for the top tier of the southern stand.

Matt
Legendary Member!

#2584 Post by Matt » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:06 am

http://fb.me/2bEEVev5r

Site tour available if anyone is keen?
I'd be there in a flash if I was in Adelaide. :/

Shahkar
High Rise Poster!

#2585 Post by Shahkar » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:11 pm

Dvious
Legendary Member!

#2586 Post by Dvious » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:36 pm

I really like the enclosed feel from the Stadium now! Cant wait till its done!

Kasey771
Legendary Member!

#2587 Post by Kasey771 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:32 am

Taken Friday 12 April2013:

And something different going on at the front of the Members stand - AFL interchange benches etc perhaps?
Big infrastructure investments are usually under-valued and & over-criticized while in the planning stage. It's much easier to envision the here and now costs and inconveniences, and far more difficult to imagine fully the eventual benefits.

Matt
Legendary Member!

#2588 Post by Matt » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:48 pm

Can you see much from the rear of the southern stand?
Is it starting to become visible from the plaza side or is it still concealed by scaffolding, etc?

Shahkar
High Rise Poster!

#2589 Post by Shahkar » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:52 pm

Another reason why this is a win win project :applause:
City Showdown a winner: survey

IF you're planning to go to future Showdowns at Adelaide Oval, it'll pay to get an early ticket.

An adelaidenow survey shows more than 40 per cent of respondents are more likely to attend future Showdowns when AFL moves to the Oval next year.

Avid football supporters have shared tips on who they believe will come away with the Showdown Medal, kick the most goals and perform the best ahead of tomorrow's Showdown XXXIV.

About 1500 people responded to the Showdown survey which revealed more than 40 per cent would prefer to watch a Port v Crows clash at football's new home, Adelaide Oval.

Despite this, about 50 per cent of fans said watching footy at AAMI Stadium or Adelaide Oval made no difference to their attendance.

Just 8 per cent said they were less likely to watch a Showdown when they are played in the city next year.

Adelaide Oval Stadium Management Authority general manager Darren Chandler said he believed the football experience at Adelaide Oval would be "second-to-none" for fans.

He said new features including barbecue facilities, standing room on the northern "mound" and a unique stadium design would complement the Oval's charm.

Port Adelaide cheer squad president Ian Wilson said he couldn't wait for the big move to Adelaide Oval next year.

"It's going to be easier for people access public transport... we'll be able to walk up the road to all the restaurants and cafes after the game," he said.

Survey respondents also overwhelmingly voted Crows midfielder Patrick Dangerfield as the favourite to come away with tomorrow's Showdown Medal (30 per cent). Port's Justin Westhoff was second, attracting 10 per cent of responses.

Brad Ebert, Travis Boak and Westhoff were tipped to be among the Power's best. Dangerfield was favourite (almost 48 per cent) for best on ground for the Crows.

Crows supporters group president Darryl Carter said Dangerfield was crucial to his side's chances of delivering him a predicted 10-point win.

"He needs to play his own game style, he plays a good team game," he said. "Scott Thompson seems to be good for the Showdown Medal or Tex (Taylor Walker), if he can bag a big number."

And as for Port Adelaide v Crows rivalry, almost 50 per cent of respondents said it was over-rated, answering it was "a bit over the top but not too bad".

Port Adelaide cheer squad president Ian Wilson had every confidence in the young Power team.

"I'll be down there leading everyone in the club song at about 7 o'clock tomorrow night when we win ... fingers crossed," he said.

While on the Crows camp, Mr Carter said his team will win the game - by a whisker.

"I think it will be 10 points to the Crows," he said.

Brucetiki
Legendary Member!

#2590 Post by Brucetiki » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:16 pm

Kasey771 wrote:Taken Friday 12 April2013:
And something different going on at the front of the Members stand - AFL interchange benches etc perhaps?
I would suspect so. There would be no way the old Adelaide Oval interchange benches would be anywhere near AFL standard. Also, looks like they'll put in a proper interchange bench rather than just a couple of rows of stadium seats that AAMI Stadium has (AAMI isn't the only culprit here though, the SCG has done similar).

What I noticed more in that pic was the removal of a bay of seats from level 2 of the Western Stand. Not sure why any of those seats would need to be touched.

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

#2591 Post by Wayno » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:28 am

Brucetiki wrote:What I noticed more in that pic was the removal of a bay of seats from level 2 of the Western Stand. Not sure why any of those seats would need to be touched.
Well spotted. Yep the red seating in front of the members dining room (sections 308-310) are gone! I wonder why :sly:
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Tonsley213
High Rise Poster!

#2592 Post by Tonsley213 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:51 am

Wayno wrote:
Brucetiki wrote:What I noticed more in that pic was the removal of a bay of seats from level 2 of the Western Stand. Not sure why any of those seats would need to be touched.
Well spotted. Yep the red seating in front of the members dining room (sections 308-310) are gone! I wonder why :sly:
For the media centre.

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

#2593 Post by Wayno » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:17 pm

Tonsley213 wrote:For the media centre.
Um. Media centre blocking the view from the floor to ceiling glass walled dining room. Surely not.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Kasey771
Legendary Member!

#2594 Post by Kasey771 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:34 pm

Wayno wrote:
Um. Media centre blocking the view from the floor to ceiling glass walled dining room. Surely not.
Unless the SMA version of "Media Centre" just is a bunch of desks for the hacks to plug their laptops and other devices into? I thought the Media Centre was going to be a state of the art thingamy in the brand new Southern Stand? Behind the Bowlers are etc.

Brucetiki
Legendary Member!

#2595 Post by Brucetiki » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:38 pm

Kasey771 wrote:
Wayno wrote:
Unless the SMA version of "Media Centre" just is a bunch of desks for the hacks to plug their laptops and other devices into? I thought the Media Centre was going to be a state of the art thingamy in the brand new Southern Stand? Behind the Bowlers are etc.
Isn't there going to be two media centres - a cricket one in the southern stand and a football one in the western stand.

I can't see the media centre being in front of the dining room - wouldn't it be too low for a media centre. I would have thought it would have been at the back of the top tier.