News & Discussion: Adelaide Metro Trains

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
Vjkdigital
Sen-Rookie-Sational

Re: News & Discussion: Trains

#1906 Post by Vjkdigital » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:50 pm

That's what I thought. there was also mention that the internal fit out would be done in SA. Don't know how though, no power at dry creek, and Seaford not complete or prepared for that kind of work. Bombardier did the refurb of the 3000's at dry Creek I think.

Tonsley213
High Rise Poster!

#1907 Post by Tonsley213 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:54 am

Vjkdigital wrote:That's what I thought. there was also mention that the internal fit out would be done in SA. Don't know how though, no power at dry creek, and Seaford not complete or prepared for that kind of work (anywhere is prepared for bolting seats,validators in). Bombardier did the refurb of the 3000's at dry Creek (bombardier did not refurb them, nor was it at dry creek, it was at Islington) I think.
I have bolded incorrect information.

Are people forgetting about the PURPOSE BUILT electric depot on the Seaford extension?

Vjkdigital
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#1908 Post by Vjkdigital » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:21 pm

Your correct, however who did the refurb..... I'm sure it was Bombardier, as they also have the maintenance contract.

Seaford is not live yet is it? I guess you don't need 25kv to bolt seats in, but you do need it to test other systems. Is there permanent staff at Seaford yet?

Tonsley213
High Rise Poster!

#1909 Post by Tonsley213 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:25 pm

Vjkdigital wrote:Your correct, however who did the refurb..... I'm sure it was Bombardier, as they also have the maintenance contract.

Seaford is not live yet is it? I guess you don't need 25kv to bolt seats in, but you do need it to test other systems. Is there permanent staff at Seaford yet?
Is there any reason to have permanent staff at Seaford yet. Has the contractor actually handed the keys over to DPTI yet.

These are questions you really should be asking.

If our first train is to be delivered in June, why is there a need for people to be there 2 months eairly, there are no 3000 class trains at the depot either.

The Scooter Guy
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#1910 Post by The Scooter Guy » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:22 pm

AG wrote:The first of the new trains has arrived at the Bombardier Dandenong plant in Melbourne for fitout.
We need to see more pics of the new trains soon!
For starters, my avatar is the well-known Adelaide Aquatic Centre insignia from 1989.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWk8YPx2zHziHgvyPy_9fxQ
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryanthescooterguy/
http://ryansbedroom.tumblr.com/

85trainfan
High Rise Poster!

Re: U/C: Electrification & Upgrade of the Adelaide Rail Netw

#1911 Post by 85trainfan » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:59 pm

Some photos of the current Electrification and Track works on the Noarlunga (Seaford) Line, from Thursday 11/4/2013

Installing the Overhead supports @ Noarlunga Centre. (this was the closest I could get at the time, even being here on a public footpath still worried the site workers)

Installed Support over Lonsdale Station, So far only one support is in place at Lonsdale. Just a test???

Overhead & Track crew working together Between Marion and Oaklands stations

Looking back towards Tonsley Junction from Dunorlan Rd. Tonsley Junction has now been completely Re-Sleepered.

Woodlands Park, spreading the Base layer, To the right of the picture welding crews were welding lengths of rail together.

Sleepers layed between Angus Ave and Raglan Ave. No Base layer down yet between Delaine Ave and Angus Ave. Drainage crews had just finished in that area.

End of the current Lines, @ Edwardstown Station.

Regards Jarrod

Any posts made are my own opinion and do not represent any organisation with which I am associated.

85trainfan
High Rise Poster!

#1912 Post by 85trainfan » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:44 pm

Today saw the First Testing of actual Railcars on the Seaford Extension. 2 Runs were made today, with the last run returning on the Down track straight back to the Stanvac Stabling yards.

Some Photos of the First Run.

Crossing the Onkaparinga Rail Bridge on there way back to Noarlunga Centre.

Sitting at Seaford Station. One test performed was to push right back to the Buffers to clear the Platform.

Regards Jarrod

Any posts made are my own opinion and do not represent any organisation with which I am associated.

The Scooter Guy

#1913 Post by The Scooter Guy » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:00 pm

Awesome! A train using the new rail bridge would be a great image for the front cover of a future UBD/Gregorys street directory! :D
For starters, my avatar is the well-known Adelaide Aquatic Centre insignia from 1989.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWk8YPx2zHziHgvyPy_9fxQ
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryanthescooterguy/
http://ryansbedroom.tumblr.com/

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#1914 Post by Ben » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:21 pm

Shame these trains look so outdated. Can't wait till they are replaced.

Colen001
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#1915 Post by Colen001 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:33 pm

Fantastic shots!, good to see some progress being made as well. It is interesting to see how the local newspaper continues to say that the electric trains will be running in September when DPTI itself has said that they will be testing them in September with the diesels doing the regular services. May make a few people upset when they have to get back in these things again after 15 months of delays. I'm sure this has been asked but surely the older 2000 trains wont be able to run on the Seaford/Noarlunga line when it is electrified with clearance issues from the overhead wires? My guess is they would be getting retired quite soon anyway, but still could be an issue when power disruptions etc. Very tight schedule they are running on as well, with Wayville station, the underpass and general works to be done prior to Belair opening up again. Still great to see all of this going, but I do miss my train!

claybro

#1916 Post by claybro » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:10 pm

Anyone know when Tonsley line is due to start its upgrade? All the work seems to be on the main line, but nothing on the branch? I am really concerned that if Tonsley is not electrified, and Labour lose the next state election, Tonsley will be closed. If electrification is completed, it will be much less likely to close, if not extended.

Colen001
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#1917 Post by Colen001 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:22 pm

I'm fairly sure its almost finished. When I was down that way the other week there were poles everywhere and nice new track at least at Clovelly Park anyway. As for the Tonsley line being closed, with the Tonsley development going on (even if Flinders pull out) its still going to be a huge project with the train being one of the key transport options.

Tonsley213
High Rise Poster!

#1918 Post by Tonsley213 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:21 pm

Colen001 wrote:I'm fairly sure its almost finished. When I was down that way the other week there were poles everywhere and nice new track at least at Clovelly Park anyway. As for the Tonsley line being closed, with the Tonsley development going on (even if Flinders pull out) its still going to be a huge project with the train being one of the key transport options.
No new track along the Tonsley line, it won't be resleepered. Poles are erect between Mitchell Park station and Tonsley. No work has be done on this spur since November 2012.

muzzamo
Legendary Member!

#1919 Post by muzzamo » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:30 pm

I would be very surprised if they shut tonsley down.

Work may have been deferred due to budget cutbacks but a line to the flinders precinct is an asset with enormous potential. They could double or triple patronage with further enhancements to the line.

Colen001
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#1920 Post by Colen001 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:55 pm

I stand corrected :). I swear there was relatively new concrete sleepers near the Tonsley station but I must be wrong. Still I guess as long as there are poles going up / are up is a good sign.