The SA Politics Thread

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
Aidan
Super Size Scraper Poster!

Re: The SA Politics Thread

#466 Post by Aidan » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:54 pm

Waewick wrote:
Aidan wrote:I haven't seen the details of the announcement yet, but the treating us like idiots seems to be bipartisan, and considering the irresponsible tax cuts proposed by the Liberals, I think Labor could well get us back into surplus sooner.

Meanwhile I've referred the Libs' lies about our interest bill to the SA Electoral Commission.
you might want to send in the recent costs provided by Labor.

currently getting smashed with holes everywhere.
No I don't want to send them in, for three reasons:
Firstly, I didn't discover the holes.
Secondly, if they're getting smashed with holes everywhere, I'm sure the Advertiser will publicise that satisfactorily, so a complaint to the SAEC would be redundant.
Thirdly, making election promises full of holes is unfortunately par for the course with politicians nowadays, and I'm not aware of any electoral rules against it. But trying to gain an electoral advantage over the incumbent government by lying about our present economic situation is against the rules.
Just build it wrote:Bye Union Hall. I'll see you in another life, when we are both cats.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#467 Post by rev » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:09 pm

What this state lacks is infrastructure.
What infrastructure we do have is mostly crap.

Labor has built up our infrastructure. Not everything we would like to see, or how we would like to see it, but they have been getting things done slowly.
The Liberals though don't want to spend money on infrastructure. They wont fund upgrades and expansions of our public transport system.

There are experts out there who are saying we can afford to take on more debt as a state, even double our debt, if it is to pay for things like infrastructure which get the economy going.

But the Liberaltiser wont report on these things adequately because they want to tell you how you should vote, and News Crap doesn't want you to vote for the Labor party.

You would think that in this day and age, where information is available to us at our fingertips, people would be more interested in finding out the facts.
But I'd be surprised if Labor is returned to power on Saturday.
Instead the brain dead moronic masses in this state will vote in a bunch of useless hacks.

Just wait till the infighting begins and everyone wants to be the leader again. Except this time the Liberal party train wreck will become the states train wreck.

Although political beliefs aside, I hope I'm wrong, and they don't make a mess of it.

Waewick

#468 Post by Waewick » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:17 pm

Are these the same brain dead moronic masses that votes labor in last time?

Aidan

#469 Post by Aidan » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:18 pm

obituary resider wrote:
Aidan wrote:I haven't seen the details of the announcement yet, but the treating us like idiots seems to be bipartisan, and considering the irresponsible tax cuts proposed by the Liberals, I think Labor could well get us back into surplus sooner.

Meanwhile I've referred the Libs' lies about our interest bill to the SA Electoral Commission.

Im curious as to whether that actually achieves anything?
If it does, you'll probably hear in the news.
If not, I'll post the reason.

So far all they've done is ask for a scan of the flyer.
Just build it wrote:Bye Union Hall. I'll see you in another life, when we are both cats.

fabricator
Legendary Member!

#470 Post by fabricator » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:55 am

obituary resider wrote:On another (personally disturbing) note, I heard on the radio this morning that sportsbet has closed betting on the election predicting a liberal landslide... seems like its another win for the shallow, empty promises, non-truths and general political spin :(
Same thing happens every election, as only Liberal supporters would risk their own money on an election. Was funny in the last election when they bet huge sums on certain seats going to the Liberals, and flushed it all down the toilet. :lol:
AdelaideNow: Now with 300% more Liberal Party hacks, at no extra cost.

Aidan

#471 Post by Aidan » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:54 am

Latest update on the Liberals' fraudulent ad: "The Commissioner is considering this matter and will respond in due course".

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#472 Post by rev » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:20 pm

Waewick wrote:Are these the same brain dead moronic masses that votes labor in last time?
Yep.
If they were going to vote Labor out because of the reasons the Liberals are moaning about, then they could have done that at previous elections.
But they didn't.
Now suddenly there is a guy that is "likable" running the Liberals, and people are supporting him/them.

Never mind the fact the Liberals still don't have any real policies and still cant tell us any real details about any crap they spout.

Nothing's changed as far as the Liberals are concerned. They've just got a guy people can like running them now.

So tell us again how the Liberals are going to "fix" our state?

You cant, because not even the Liberals know how. Because they don't have a plan. And the fact these are the people tipped to be our next government should scare you as much as Labor running never ending deficits and building up the debt does.

obituary resider
High Rise Poster!

#473 Post by obituary resider » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:00 pm

So pretty much Liberal are using scare tactics and saying they have a 'plan' to 'fix' the state when no such plan exists... Sounds familiar :|

Waewick

#474 Post by Waewick » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:10 pm

I think both parties have done their best at giving us nothing except mud

jk1237
Donating Member
Donating Member

#475 Post by jk1237 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:52 pm

Am I now detecting over the last few days that this landslide, guaranteed Liberal win the media has been previously predicting is now not actually 100% locked in. I'm suddenly interested again

Waewick

#476 Post by Waewick » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:10 pm

jk1237 wrote:Am I now detecting over the last few days that this landslide, guaranteed Liberal win the media has been previously predicting is now not actually 100% locked in. I'm suddenly interested again
it never was locked in.

SA is a Labor heartland.

[Shuz]

#477 Post by [Shuz] » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:54 am

I don't see either Labor or Liberal gaining a majority and we will end up with a hung parliament, and I think, we may, yet again, see Labor returned in minority government.

The Liberal's extraordinary lack of policy detail is frightening. At least Labor has a somewhat formidable track record to go by.
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

Aidan

#478 Post by Aidan » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:05 pm

[Shuz] wrote:I don't see either Labor or Liberal gaining a majority and we will end up with a hung parliament, and I think, we may, yet again, see Labor returned in minority government.

The Liberal's extraordinary lack of policy detail is frightening. At least Labor has a somewhat formidable track record to go by.
I hope you're right - state Labor's track record in minority government is excellent - 'tis only when they gain an overall majority that they implement bad policies.

IMO a minority Liberal government is a more likely outcome this time. But if either party gains a majority, we're screwed for another four years.

fabricator
Legendary Member!

#479 Post by fabricator » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:31 pm

[Shuz] wrote:I don't see either Labor or Liberal gaining a majority and we will end up with a hung parliament, and I think, we may, yet again, see Labor returned in minority government.

The Libs need to pickup 4 seats just to get a hung parliament, I don't like their chances.

Your 100% right about the Liberals lack of policy, no much how much you dig around you can't find anything. How can they expect to win without even trying ?
Yeah, lets try to pick up more votes by promising absolutely nothing :wallbash:

Just what is Vicky Chapman doing with her time, as deputy leader and shadow transport minister ? Bugger all, seems obvious she plans to sit and her big fat arse and do nothing.

Labor's 30 year plan document is certainly what we should be aiming for. How far we get with it is really up to how much money is available.
AdelaideNow: Now with 300% more Liberal Party hacks, at no extra cost.

Vee
Legendary Member!

#480 Post by Vee » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:04 pm

Policy costings. What the 2 major parties have released.

Liberal costings finally revealed via ABCNews
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-03-13/l ... ed/5319642

Labor costings (PDF) via jay4sa
http://www.jay4sa.com.au/wp-content/upl ... tments.pdf