What's up at 284 Greenhill rd?

All other development discussion.
wll6568
Sen-Rookie-Sational

What's up at 284 Greenhill rd?

#1 Post by wll6568 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:06 pm

Does anyone know what's going to be build at 284 Greenhill rd, Glenside? Just drove pass and saw the old Mobil petrol station gone and now they doing site work. It's quite a big block. Saw Bella builder sign there, could it be a new petrol station?

slenderman
High Rise Poster!

Re: What's up at 284 Greenhill rd?

#2 Post by slenderman » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:30 pm

Pretty sure they're putting an OTR there, but don't quote me. I was a little miffed because they tore down some nice old houses to start building it. I might get some pictures soon as I don't live too far from it.

mooshie
High Rise Poster!

#3 Post by mooshie » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:28 pm

OTR own all the ex-Mobil sites in Adelaide bar 3 of them. They have been buying surrounding blocks, demolishing and building bigger and better. Glen Osmond is one example and the one on the way into Gawler will be up soon as well including the caryard next door

neoballmon
Legendary Member!

#4 Post by neoballmon » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:59 pm

mooshie wrote:OTR own all the ex-Mobil sites in Adelaide bar 3 of them.
Is this the sites now branded 'Mogas'? I know theres one on Marion Road, the others escape me at the moment. Possibly Upper Sturt?

And technically not all of them. Caltex bought a chunk of them a few months before they started changing to OTR's. Some have since closed completely (Bottom of the hill, South Road comes to mind)
Looking forward to a free-flowing Adelaide!

wll6568
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#5 Post by wll6568 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:51 am

Not sure if i was looking at the correct info but I found on the council website:

...Construction of a new integrated service station complex and bulky goods outlet including fast food drive-thru, signage and associated car parking

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j ... jPkoxLngqQ

neoballmon
Legendary Member!

#6 Post by neoballmon » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:46 pm

So looks like it will have a Hungry Jacks, or planning for Krispy Kreme, with a drive through (I've seen one with a DT in Vic).

mooshie
High Rise Poster!

#7 Post by mooshie » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:37 pm

neoballmon wrote:
mooshie wrote:OTR own all the ex-Mobil sites in Adelaide bar 3 of them.
Is this the sites now branded 'Mogas'? I know theres one on Marion Road, the others escape me at the moment. Possibly Upper Sturt?

And technically not all of them. Caltex bought a chunk of them a few months before they started changing to OTR's. Some have since closed completely (Bottom of the hill, South Road comes to mind)
It was all but 3 and those three were disallowed by the ACCC. One was at Darlington on South Road, became a Caltex, now closed. One at the backside of Colonnades now a Caltex and recently rebuilt and for the life of me I can't think of the 3rd now.. But it also became a Caltex none of which were Caltex owned, all franchisees. There were a number of local distributors mostly in the country that changed their supply agreement to Mogas in most cases. Mobil only had just under 250 stores around the country but there were a lot of operators with supply arrangements and therefore carrying the Mobil brand.

neoballmon
Legendary Member!

#8 Post by neoballmon » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:27 pm

mooshie wrote:It was all but 3 and those three were disallowed by the ACCC. One was at Darlington on South Road, became a Caltex, now closed. One at the backside of Colonnades now a Caltex and recently rebuilt and for the life of me I can't think of the 3rd now.. But it also became a Caltex none of which were Caltex owned, all franchisees. There were a number of local distributors mostly in the country that changed their supply agreement to Mogas in most cases. Mobil only had just under 250 stores around the country but there were a lot of operators with supply arrangements and therefore carrying the Mobil brand.
Oh ok it felt like they took more than 3. Is Aberfoyle Park the other one? I swear I remember that once being a Mobil, but it's a Caltex now.
Ah thanks for clearing that up.

Dvious
Legendary Member!

#9 Post by Dvious » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:56 pm

New OTR with Oporto's.

slenderman
High Rise Poster!

#10 Post by slenderman » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:25 pm

Well this place has just opened. Grabbed a dollar frozen coke after watching the Crows dish up their usual rubbish. It's a pretty stock standard new OTR. There's a drive through Oporto (duh) plus your usual suspects of Chill, C Coffee and Pie Face. Not sure if it's unique, but there's also a Wendy's in there.

Next door there's a blue and white building that was built along with the OTR. There will be a pet shop in there. Signage for it was up, but it isn't open yet.

Phantom
High Rise Poster!

#11 Post by Phantom » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:07 am

slenderman wrote:Not sure if it's unique, but there's also a Wendy's in there.
Rarer by the day, Slendiggity.
"Mono, you're a knob. <3"