Beer Garden

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
ghs
Super Size Scraper Poster!

Re: Former LeCornu Redevelopment | Mixed Use

#2281 Post by ghs » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:57 am

claybro wrote: It is a great time to buy in Perth.
claybro wrote: Prices have fallen to more sustainable affordable levels, and may fall a bit more
Unfortunately your argument contradicts itself. You say it's a great time to buy in Perth and then you say that prices may fall
a bit more. That's not a very good business case.

There's too much risk at the moment. Investing in the other cities would be a much more secure investment.

RoiMartel
Gold-Member ;)

#2282 Post by RoiMartel » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:01 pm

ghs wrote:
claybro wrote: Prices have fallen to more sustainable affordable levels, and may fall a bit more
Unfortunately your argument contradicts itself. You say it's a great time to buy in Perth and then you say that prices may fall

There's too much risk at the moment. Investing in the other cities would be a much more secure investment.
claybro is not contradicting himself. No-one can precisely predict a top or bottom of a market. He's just saying that the market has cooled and as an investor it may be a prudent time to invest. Yes, prices my fall a bit more, but if you have a medium to long term investment plan it will make no difference.
Last edited by RoiMartel on Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

claybro

#2283 Post by claybro » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:44 pm

This probably belongs on the economic thread, but it is always better to buy in a market that has cooled, but in the past has demonstrated great capacity for growth, rather than a market at the top of its game, or one that perennially under performs. I would suggest the over heated sydney and Melbourne markets pose a much higher risk at present than Perth or even Adelaide. By all reports, believe it or not-Hobart is currently the darling.. Moderate growth, from a low affordable base. Adelaide needs to only increase its intake of immigrants, and things will improve dramaticLly there as well. Immigration adding 100000 per year is the only thing propping up the house of cards that is Melbourne.

ghs

#2284 Post by ghs » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:35 pm

RoiMartel wrote:
ghs wrote:

claybro is not contradicting himself. No-one can precisely predict a top or bottom of a market. He's just saying that the market has cooled and as an investor it may be a prudent time to invest. Yes, prices my fall a bit more, but if you have a medium to long term investment plan it will make no difference.

When you have an auction clearance rate of 35% in Perth, it's fair to say that prices will continue to go down.

RoiMartel
Gold-Member ;)

#2285 Post by RoiMartel » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:49 pm

ghs wrote:
RoiMartel wrote:
ghs wrote:

When you have an auction clearance rate of 35% in Perth, it's fair to say that prices will continue to go down.
Wow you really don't get it do you :wallbash: Continued price decline is just another buying opportunity for an investor. Its called buy low, sell high! And that's all claybro was stating

Goodsy
Legendary Member!

#2286 Post by Goodsy » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:38 pm

I believe the pundits call it.... Negative growth :hilarious:

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#2287 Post by rev » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:33 pm

RoiMartel wrote:
Wow you really don't get it do you :wallbash: Continued price decline is just another buying opportunity for an investor. Its called buy low, sell high! And that's all claybro was stating
Has the market bottomed out?
If you buy now, and the market is still in decline, you'll be holding on to that property for a lot longer then you may have intended, if you didn't realize the market hadn't bottomed out yet.
Even if you wait till the market starts to recover it's not like you'll be at a disadvantage. You'll still be able to sell for more then you bought for.

thecityguy
High Rise Poster!

Re: Beer Garden

#2288 Post by thecityguy » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:28 pm

Good to see some positivity in the tiser for once, even the comments are positive

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/opin ... 78ba2a5b0f

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#2289 Post by crawf » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:37 pm

thecityguy wrote:Good to see some positivity in the tiser for once, even the comments are positive

Unless things have changed since your comment, I beg to differ. I just stupidly made the mistake of reading the comments.......... Seriously?!, some of these people need to get away from their computer screens and get a life.
Last edited by crawf on Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thecityguy
High Rise Poster!

#2290 Post by thecityguy » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:39 pm

crawf wrote:
thecityguy wrote:Good to see some positivity in the tiser for once, even the comments are positive

Unless things have changed since your comment, I beg to differ. I just stupidly made the mistake of reading the comments.......... Seriously?!, some of these people need to simply get a life.
I just skimmed through the first 5 or 6 I think, maybe I should have read further before making that call aha....should have know it was to good to be true

Spurdo
High Rise Poster!

#2291 Post by Spurdo » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:56 pm

Pretty embarrassing that the government can consider stuff like food trucks high priority but when it comes to important stuff like health we get this :x

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/sout ... df90267c6e

Nathan

#2292 Post by Nathan » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:03 pm

Spurdo wrote:Pretty embarrassing that the government can consider stuff like food trucks high priority but when it comes to important stuff like health we get this :x

Do you really think they a) spent a heap of time on the food truck thing, and b) it stopped them from doing other things? There's more than one person in government.

Spurdo
High Rise Poster!

#2293 Post by Spurdo » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:06 pm

Nathan wrote: There's more than one person in government.
Sure doesn't feel like it sometimes. :lol:

jk1237
Donating Member
Donating Member

#2294 Post by jk1237 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:09 pm

Spurdo wrote:Pretty embarrassing that the government can consider stuff like food trucks high priority but when it comes to important stuff like health we get this :x

oh gawd, we really do have a senile conservative troller :roll:

Spurdo
High Rise Poster!

#2295 Post by Spurdo » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:22 pm

jk1237 wrote: oh gawd, we really do have a senile conservative troller :roll:
"oh no someone insulted transforming health and the holy government, gotta try and discredit him by calling him a conservative"

seriously, stop being a pretentious fuckwad, for everyones sake