Footy Express

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
I Follow PAFC
High Rise Poster!

Footy Express

#1 Post by I Follow PAFC » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:31 pm

I Follow The Port Adelaide Football Club
https://www.facebook.com/IFollowThePAFC/

NTRabbit
High Rise Poster!

Re: 2019 Footy Express

#2 Post by NTRabbit » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:45 am

Glad to see they were finally able to smack some sense into the hapless transport minister, you'd have thought they'd at least have the sense to pick an urban member who has actually caught a bus before to take that portfolio, rather than a rural member who thinks a bus and a tourist coach are the same thing.

Waewick
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#3 Post by Waewick » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:47 am

NTRabbit wrote:Glad to see they were finally able to smack some sense into the hapless transport minister, you'd have thought they'd at least have the sense to pick an urban member who has actually caught a bus before to take that portfolio, rather than a rural member who thinks a bus and a tourist coach are the same thing.
It was never not happening this year.

Honey of a City
High Rise Poster!

#4 Post by Honey of a City » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:51 pm

Isn’t there a surcharge for the Footy Express built into all Power @ Crows ticketed members’ fees, most of which were paid up in 2018?

Pretty hard to claw that back if they cancelled the Express.

See if they try it on next year.

I Follow PAFC
High Rise Poster!

#5 Post by I Follow PAFC » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:02 pm

Honey of a City wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:51 pm
Isn’t there a surcharge for the Footy Express built into all Power @ Crows ticketed members’ fees, most of which were paid up in 2018?

Not sure about Adelaide but Port Adelaide does have a surcharge.
Have got told from 2020 you will need to pay for the Footy Express.
I Follow The Port Adelaide Football Club
https://www.facebook.com/IFollowThePAFC/

Brucetiki
Legendary Member!

#6 Post by Brucetiki » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:15 pm

I Follow PAFC wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:02 pm
Honey of a City wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:51 pm

Not sure about Adelaide but Port Adelaide does have a surcharge.
Have got told from 2020 you will need to pay for the Footy Express.
And bang goes the advantage of taking PT to the games. With car parks as cheap as $4 in the CBD, why would you fork out similar on a Sunday, or more on any other day to catch PT to games?

NTRabbit
High Rise Poster!

#7 Post by NTRabbit » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:21 pm

Looking forward to the Marshall government forwarding another $40m of taxpayer money to the SMA to build a multistory car park across the road shortly before they cancel the footy express, in a totally unrelated move

Waewick

#8 Post by Waewick » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:32 pm

NTRabbit wrote:Looking forward to the Marshall government forwarding another $40m of taxpayer money to the SMA to build a multistory car park across the road shortly before they cancel the footy express, in a totally unrelated move
You really didn't take that polling result well did you ImageImageImage

1NEEDS2POST
High Rise Poster!

#9 Post by 1NEEDS2POST » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:02 pm

The thing is, if you want to pick a time to make PT free, it should be when there are light loads and lots of spare capacity. Between say 10 am and 2 pm on weekdays, there is lots of excess capacity in the system. This is because buses that are scheduled for the morning/afternoon peak are also driving around in the middle of the day. However, they are rarely full in the middle of the day, so making PT free will not require adding more services at that time.

Footy games are typically at times with few scheduled services. This means if you want to make PT free to the game, you will have to schedule more buses to cope with the demand.

That said, if the extra cost to the PT system is charged to the footy spectators in the form of higher ticket prices, I don't have a problem with it.

PD2/20
High Rise Poster!

#10 Post by PD2/20 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:12 pm

1NEEDS2POST wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:02 pm
The thing is, if you want to pick a time to make PT free, it should be when there are light loads and lots of spare capacity. Between say 10 am and 2 pm on weekdays, there is lots of excess capacity in the system. This is because buses that are scheduled for the morning/afternoon peak are also driving around in the middle of the day. However, they are rarely full in the middle of the day, so making PT free will not require adding more services at that time.

Footy games are typically at times with few scheduled services. This means if you want to make PT free to the game, you will have to schedule more buses to cope with the demand.

That said, if the extra cost to the PT system is charged to the footy spectators in the form of higher ticket prices, I don't have a problem with it.
One reason for free travel or discounted fares is as you suggest to fill unused capacity. Another reason is to encourage travel away from private cars onto PT to reduce road traffic volumes converging on the city. I suspect the latter is the case for the footy games.

ChillyPhilly

#11 Post by ChillyPhilly » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:30 am

1NEEDS2POST wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:02 pm

Footy Express services are covered by membership payments of supporters.
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

cricketworldcup
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#12 Post by cricketworldcup » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:01 pm

Adelaide's free 'footy express' future uncertain as SA Government withdraws funding
I am a professional blogger at EverydaysGadgets.com and frequently write reviews about latest and trending gadgets. Check my review of

Code: Select all

https://everydaysgadgets.com/snorestrap-review/]Anti Snore Chin Strap

ChillyPhilly

#13 Post by ChillyPhilly » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:29 am

cricketworldcup wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:01 pm
Adelaide's free 'footy express' future uncertain as SA Government withdraws funding
For next year onwards? Old news, but still very irritating.
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#14 Post by Norman » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:28 pm

ChillyPhilly wrote:
cricketworldcup wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:01 pm
For next year onwards? Old news, but still very irritating.
I think this guy is a spambot. Hopefully he will be cleaned up soon.