Adelaide Fringe 2020

All event related discussion should go here.. e.g. Clipsal 500, Womadelaide, SALA, etc.
Plasmatron
High Rise Poster!

Adelaide Fringe 2020

#1 Post by Plasmatron » Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:34 pm

Hey Sensational Adelaide crew, I hope everyone's holding up well during this disruptive "Virus Pandemic" time. I thought you might be interested to see this video montage I produced from the last weekend of the Adelaide Fringe.

Did many of you guys attend? What did you think of the festival this year? I thought the Garden and Gluttony had a better setup than last year, but I'm disappointed the Royal Croquet Club is still being shoehorned into the Adelaide Uni grounds, because I much preferred the open and central Victoria Square setting from several year ago. Oh well, I heard it was still very popular though.
Last edited by Plasmatron on Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
https://www.youtube.com/UltraVibeProductions

Nathan
Super Size Scraper Poster!

Re: Adelaide Fringe 2020 (Video)

#2 Post by Nathan » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:06 am

Plasmatron wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:34 pm
but I'm disappointed the Royal Croquet Club is still being shoehorned into the Adelaide Uni grounds, because I much preferred the open and central Victoria Square setting from several year ago. Oh well, I heard it was still very popular though.
I much prefer the current incarnation of RCC (it's not the "Royal Croquet Club" anymore), with the focus being much more on shows (with an excellent curated program) than the party town the Vic Square and Pinky Flat versions were.

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

Re: Adelaide Fringe 2020 (Video)

#3 Post by SRW » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:35 am

RCC on campus also returns to the original operating ethos of Edinburgh and Adelaide fringes of enlivening existing local venues rather than drawing away from them to travelling pop-ups.

I do agree, though, that there should be a degree of public spectacle or city realm transformation, and that this appears to have been lesser than previous years (Fire Gardens and East End Unleashed notwithstanding). On this front, I think both the Festival and Fringe (and subsidiary events) should work together under the Festivals of Adelaide banner. I know some consider the Fringe Parade was a distraction or besides the point, but it did serve as a herald to the season.
Keep Adelaide Weird