[COM] Adelaide Oval Hotel

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
AndyWelsh
Legendary Member!

[COM] Re: Adelaide Oval Hotel

#631 Post by AndyWelsh » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:57 pm

Update from today:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nort
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#632 Post by Nort » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:19 pm

Those vertical screens really do add a lot.

Mpol03
Legendary Member!

#633 Post by Mpol03 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:07 pm

Is that the same exterior used on convention centre stage 3?
Looks much more reflective. I like!

Honey of a City
High Rise Poster!

#634 Post by Honey of a City » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:30 pm

For once a far smarter finish than the renders depicted.

how good is he
Legendary Member!

#635 Post by how good is he » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:49 pm

They are advertising an opening special on their website $199 per night from 1 Oct for 4 months. So does that mean any major sports side/country are now unlikely to be coming here to play/stay in that time (if the public are free to book it out)?

Mpol03
Legendary Member!

#636 Post by Mpol03 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:42 pm

Love the bronze finish! Does anyone know if this is the same used on convention centre stage 3? Because this looks more reflective and I wish stage 3 had something more akin to this.

One of the few moments I’m eating my words but very happy to do so.

Ho Really

#637 Post by Ho Really » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:46 am

how good is he wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:49 pm
They are advertising an opening special on their website $199 per night from 1 Oct for 4 months. So does that mean any major sports side/country are now unlikely to be coming here to play/stay in that time (if the public are free to book it out)?
Fully booked out no way. However it will be interesting to know whether they want sports teams and their entourage to stay there or prefer (high) paying public.

Cheers
Confucius say: Dumb man climb tree to get cherry, wise man spread limbs.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#638 Post by rev » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:14 am

how good is he wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:49 pm
When did they ever say that the general public wont be able to book a room in this hotel?

how good is he
Legendary Member!

#639 Post by how good is he » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:34 am

I think you are missing my point. There was talk of the Indian cricket team, the Boxing day test or whatever coming to AO [and using the hotel]. Most sports teams/countries/staff/media etc etc would probably need a min. 100 rooms. So there are 138 rooms in total so if the public is free to book any of these rooms until the end of January its unlikely that any major sporting event/team/country could book out the hotel if say the public have already booked even a 40% occupancy.

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#640 Post by SRW » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:46 am

I would've thought the big touring sports teams would have relationships with the larger corporate hotel providers and unlikely to stay here anyway?
Keep Adelaide Weird

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#641 Post by rev » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:58 pm

how good is he wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:34 am
I think you are missing my point. There was talk of the Indian cricket team, the Boxing day test or whatever coming to AO [and using the hotel]. Most sports teams/countries/staff/media etc etc would probably need a min. 100 rooms. So there are 138 rooms in total so if the public is free to book any of these rooms until the end of January its unlikely that any major sporting event/team/country could book out the hotel if say the public have already booked even a 40% occupancy.
Perhaps when there is a confirmed tour match or other major event the public wont be able to book a hotel on selected dates.
I don't recall the SMA saying that this hotel will be exclusively for teams or anything of the sort. Perhaps it will be. Or maybe they intend to use offer packages for say Australia vs England Ashes test match to the general public? Maybe that package will include the roof climb and complimentary dinner at the restaurant in the eastern stand?
I think it's just been our speculation on here about the use of this hotel, correct me if I'm wrong.

NTRabbit
High Rise Poster!

#642 Post by NTRabbit » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:06 am

It's not meant to be exclusive for sports teams all the time, I mean they're already going to struggle massively to make a profit so why would they shoot themselves in the foot extra hard by turning away any paying customers, but I'd wager it will be when the Indian Cricket Team hits town whether they take every room or not, because of the need for quarantine

wilkiebarkid
Donating Member
Donating Member

#643 Post by wilkiebarkid » Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:20 pm

Paid and staying there at the end of October. Seven of us for our business anniversary. Hope they survive until then!!!!

Waewick

[COM] [U/C] [U/C] Re: [U/C] Re: Adelaide Oval Hotel

#644 Post by Waewick » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:43 pm

NTRabbit wrote:It's not meant to be exclusive for sports teams all the time, I mean they're already going to struggle massively to make a profit so why would they shoot themselves in the foot extra hard by turning away any paying customers, but I'd wager it will be when the Indian Cricket Team hits town whether they take every room or not, because of the need for quarantine
Australian Hotels Association SA general manager Ian Horne said while he thought the Adelaide Oval hotel would be “enormously successful”, South Australian hoteliers were angry about taxpayer money being used to fund a competing business.
“Adelaide Oval is without doubt one of the jewels in our crown and the concept of a boutique hotel attached literally as part of the stadium is very, very smart as the stadium already has an extraordinary advantage in terms of its facilities and its location,” he told InDaily.
So this is a direct quote from a fairly prominent person in an industry that would have a fair idea about what success and failure looks like.

So, can you share your insight to why you think it will fail or struggle massively as you put it? I assume it's only because Labor didn't suggest it?

The hotel looks fantastic, it's in a fantastic location and has already significant advantage by its surrounds, it's a great addition to the area.

gnrc_louis
Legendary Member!

[COM] Re: [U/C] [U/C] Re: [U/C] Re: Adelaide Oval Hotel

#645 Post by gnrc_louis » Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:06 am

Waewick wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:43 pm
NTRabbit wrote:It's not meant to be exclusive for sports teams all the time, I mean they're already going to struggle massively to make a profit so why would they shoot themselves in the foot extra hard by turning away any paying customers, but I'd wager it will be when the Indian Cricket Team hits town whether they take every room or not, because of the need for quarantine
Australian Hotels Association SA general manager Ian Horne said while he thought the Adelaide Oval hotel would be “enormously successful”, South Australian hoteliers were angry about taxpayer money being used to fund a competing business.
“Adelaide Oval is without doubt one of the jewels in our crown and the concept of a boutique hotel attached literally as part of the stadium is very, very smart as the stadium already has an extraordinary advantage in terms of its facilities and its location,” he told InDaily.
So this is a direct quote from a fairly prominent person in an industry that would have a fair idea about what success and failure looks like.

So, can you share your insight to why you think it will fail or struggle massively as you put it? I assume it's only because Labor didn't suggest it?

The hotel looks fantastic, it's in a fantastic location and has already significant advantage by its surrounds, it's a great addition to the area.
His point about people within the industry being annoyed about taxpayer money being used to fund a competing business is particularly pertinent since covid.