Beer Garden

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
gnrc_louis
Legendary Member!

Re: Beer Garden

#3226 Post by gnrc_louis » Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:56 am

Will be interesting to see how impactful Covid is on future office developments in Adelaide: https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... ias-cities

HiTouch
Legendary Member!

#3227 Post by HiTouch » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:13 am

🎉🎉
Attachments
1E14B743-D01D-45AD-9925-41172ADAA13E.jpeg

Philip_Green
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#3228 Post by Philip_Green » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:16 pm

well COVID is finished almost
just congrats finally my business is going to open now uffffffffffff

d3v310per
High Rise Poster!

#3229 Post by d3v310per » Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:11 am

What’s with all the ads on this site now? And the new design isn’t as good as previous. On a mobile the ads dominate too much

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

#3230 Post by Howie » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:30 pm

The advertising code went a bit mental... google adsense has this feature called Auto-Ads, then it puts it pretty much wherever it thinks it's going to get most number of clicks.

I've taken back control, it 'should' only present under the banner once now.

Still a few other bugs to sort out with this version of the forum, for instance the Thanks button isn't working anymore :(

d3v310per
High Rise Poster!

#3231 Post by d3v310per » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:48 pm

Howie wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:30 pm
The advertising code went a bit mental... google adsense has this feature called Auto-Ads, then it puts it pretty much wherever it thinks it's going to get most number of clicks.

I've taken back control, it 'should' only present under the banner once now.

Still a few other bugs to sort out with this version of the forum, for instance the Thanks button isn't working anymore :(
No worries. I’m sure the teething problems with the ads will be sorted. Can confirm only a single ad under the banner. Much better. Thanks Howie

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

#3232 Post by Howie » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:06 pm

I think Google has a mind of it's own.. its running multiple ads for certain people at certain times, they don't really give you any insight into their algorithms, sometimes when you first install google adsense it will run split testing on certain audiences and then after a while it settles down once the machine has figured out what works best. Let's see how it plays out over the next few days.

shiftaling
High Rise Poster!

#3233 Post by shiftaling » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:33 am

I'll get used to the new design - there is one thing that really irks me though, not sure if it might be an easy improvement. The deep bright blue behind the quoted text blocks is really blinding and garish, is it possible to tone it down a bit?

Nort
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#3234 Post by Nort » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:43 am

[quote=Howie post_id=195220 time=1601706972 user_id=3]
I think Google has a mind of it's own.. its running multiple ads for certain people at certain times, they don't really give you any insight into their algorithms, sometimes when you first install google adsense it will run split testing on certain audiences and then after a while it settles down once the machine has figured out what works best. Let's see how it plays out over the next few days.
[/quote]

I mentioned this just now in another thread, but I'd be happy to pay for a no-ads account because on mobile it's absurd:

[attachment=0]Screenshot_20201007-084116_Chrome.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
Screenshot_20201007-084116_Chrome.jpg

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#3235 Post by SRW » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:06 am

Last drinks at West End with the brewery closing down:

'End of the West End: brewery to be closed as Lion quits SA', as reported by InDaily

The brand will be retained but brewed interstate, which is an absolutely stupid decision as the only reason to drink the red tins is because it's local. But for the lock Lion has on pub taps, I can't see why they wouldn't just try to offload it.

Of course, this opens the question of what happens to the site. Will another brewer take it over? Or will Thebarton be unlocked for development? After Coca-Cola-Amatil closed, it's only the brewery's operations that have deterred residential proposals.
Keep Adelaide Weird

Nathan

#3236 Post by Nathan » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:24 am

What surprises me is that they talk that [macro] beer sales have been declining 20% over the last decade, but it was only 5 years ago they opened the expansion to the brewery with an increase in production. Something doesn't add up there.

Not sure who could possibly take over the site — the only brewery with any kind of similar production levels is Coopers, and they certainly don't need it. Not even the largest craft brewers would need even a fraction of the facility.

I think residential will be a slow goer. Just look across to Bowden, which is completely "unlocked for development", but progress has been slowing — barely a third of the way through the area. And we've seen next to no progress on the Coke and ES Wigg & Son sites.

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#3237 Post by SRW » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:41 am

Nathan wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:24 am
What surprises me is that they talk that [macro] beer sales have been declining 20% over the last decade, but it was only 5 years ago they opened the expansion to the brewery with an increase in production. Something doesn't add up there.

Not sure who could possibly take over the site — the only brewery with any kind of similar production levels is Coopers, and they certainly don't need it. Not even the largest craft brewers would need even a fraction of the facility.

I think residential will be a slow goer. Just look across to Bowden, which is completely "unlocked for development", but progress has been slowing — barely a third of the way through the area. And we've seen next to no progress on the Coke and ES Wigg & Son sites.
True. But with SA's already slow population growth completely arrested by the pandemic, all residential will be slow going. And now Renewal SA has added Keswick and Prospect to its slate alongside the Port and Bowden, it might struggle to take this on too. Perhaps the silver lining will be that ample availability of inner city brownfield will kill off outer metro greenfield like Buckland Park.
Keep Adelaide Weird

Llessur2002

#3238 Post by Llessur2002 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:52 am

Tram depot?

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#3239 Post by rev » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:10 pm

The government should try and attract some of the global medical and pharmaceutical giants to take over this and the CCA sites, set something up that ties in to and expands the biomed precinct.

Llessur2002

#3240 Post by Llessur2002 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:23 pm

I do think there needs to be a cohesive plan for this area to avoid Port Road being littered with large empty sites for decades to come.

As much as I think this corridor along Port Road is ideally suited to medium-density residential I wonder if there are too many large-scale sites coming or potentially coming available over the next few years - the brewery, the Thebarton campus, the Coca Cola site, Hindmarsh stadium and as Nathan said 2/3 of the Bowden site is still undeveloped. Then there's the smaller but not insignificant sites like the ES Wigg building, the Squatters Arms hotel and presumably eventually the Raptis & Sons site. Do we really have this much demand for new apartments and town houses?

Maybe Rev's idea is right - try to tie it in with the Biomed precinct, or perhaps another innovation-style hub al-la Tonsley (if we have the demand for another one)?

If housing is out of the question, or not feasible in the medium term then what should the masterplan for Thebarton and Hindmarsh be? The adjacent parklands and PT are surely too big an asset to just keep building self-storage units and the like.