News & Developments: Port Adelaide

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

Re: News & Developments: Port Adelaide

#1036 Post by rev » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:22 pm

citywatcher wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:37 pm
Pro Crows? That's your misinterpretation wharfie. I hate the Crows but at least they pay their own way unlike Port. A development that will benefit the community? Really? How much of this development will benefit the community and how much Port? If Port weren't asking how far would this proposal go? Why can't they do the "community part " without the Port part?
It's sleight of hand . " Oh look , it's going to benefit the community too ! "
Still. You can't address the issue of tens of millions of dollars being pissed down the drain by this franchise . As a taxpayer I'd like to know where it goes and why we should keep shovelling them more.
In any other professional league in the world they would have shut the doors on them years ago.
Asswipe.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Yes, a development that will benefit the community.
First lets start with the PAFC aspect. It will include an upgrade to facilities for the anticipated AFLW entry in 2023. You know what that is don't you? You know womens professional sport is basically in it's infancy in this country still, and any development that improves it is a benefit to the community right? You do comprehend that by improving facilities and standards, that it boosts the profile of the womens codes, which then draws more participation and more funding and sponsorship dollars?

Let's move on to other aspects of the development.
It will feature a FIFA grade soccer pitch, that will be used by the Northwest JUNIOR Soccer Association. That benefits grass roots development of another code.
The fact that it will be of a standard acceptable to FIFA means that in the lead up to the FIFA Womens World Cup in 2023 we can potentially host international teams here for warm up games. It can also be used as a training facility during the World Cup, if we were to be allocated any games in Adelaide.
Do I need to actually spell out the economic benefits and exposure of having a major International sporting tournament come to Adelaide?

And last but not least the basketball courts that will be built for the West Adelaide Bearcats JUNIOR teams.
Yet again, facilities to benefit the grass roots of another code.
Does it need to spelled out again and again?
You can't address the issue of tens of millions of dollars being pissed down the drain by this franchise
I did address it. It's called a global pandemic. I addressed it in my first response to you, when I was being polite and civil, because I knew it would draw out your true nature (and it has worked like a charm, some of you on here are just lol).

Due to the effects of the pandemic, revenue was down nearly $20 million, which resulted in a $4 million loss for the year which pushed the debt up to $12 million (even the AFL had a net loss for the year of $23 million). All of that info was posted above, politely, and you choose to ignore it.
As a taxpayer I'd like to know where it goes and why we should keep shovelling them more.
So if we go and look up the thread/and/or posts about the crows potential new home, I assume we're going to find posts by you asking the same question? I assume we will find posts by you directed at crows supporters with derogatory names (eg wharfie)..?
I hate the Crows but at least they pay their own way unlike Port.
They pay their own way? Is that why they've been given $15 million in federal funding for a new home base? :lol:
And that is after they had the last 30~ years rent free at west lakes courtesy of their godfathers in the sanfl (port was paying to be at/use footy park/aami btw).

I mean How Good Is He has even gone to the trouble of posting the amount of funding from the Federal government and respective State governments other clubs have received, and you ignore that it's GOVERNMENT funding and act like it's AFL funding.

rev

#1037 Post by rev » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:29 pm

citywatcher wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:40 pm
how good is he wrote:Todays Advertiser -

AFL FACILITY FUNDING OVER LAST FIVE YEARS

FROM THE GOVT

1) CLUB NAME 2) STATE FUNDING PLUS 3) FEDERAL FUNDING

Adelaide $0 $15m
Brisbane $15m $15m
Carlton $20m $15m
Collingwood $10m $15m
Essendon $6.28m $4m

Geelong $40m $100m
Hawthown $0 $15m
GWS $0 $15M
Gold Coast $0 $15m
Fremantle $10m $12.4m
Melbourne $5m $0
North Melbourne $7.3m $0
Port Adelaide $0 $0
Richmond $15.5m $15m
St Kilda $21.3m $15m
Sydney $20m $15m
Western Bulldogs $42.6m $15m
West Coast $10m $10m

Sourced from club websites, funding for club training facility relocation or upgrades.
AFL FUNDING ?
MUCH DIFFERENT STORY
Doesn't detract from why the taxpayer should be paying for this when the club is technically insolvent.

Let me just highlight where the funding listed above has come from for you since you missed it.

I'll go ahead and also highlight some of the wealthiest clubs in the AFL and the funding they've received from governments listed above.
Any comment on your tax dollars being given to those clubs? That's nearly $300 million in federal funding collectively.

citywatcher
Legendary Member!

#1038 Post by citywatcher » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:33 pm

rev wrote:
citywatcher wrote:
how good is he wrote:Todays Advertiser -

AFL FACILITY FUNDING OVER LAST FIVE YEARS

FROM THE GOVT

1) CLUB NAME 2) STATE FUNDING PLUS 3) FEDERAL FUNDING

Adelaide $0 $15m
Brisbane $15m $15m
Carlton $20m $15m
Collingwood $10m $15m
Essendon $6.28m $4m

Geelong $40m $100m
Hawthown $0 $15m
GWS $0 $15M
Gold Coast $0 $15m
Fremantle $10m $12.4m
Melbourne $5m $0
North Melbourne $7.3m $0
Port Adelaide $0 $0
Richmond $15.5m $15m
St Kilda $21.3m $15m
Sydney $20m $15m
Western Bulldogs $42.6m $15m
West Coast $10m $10m

Sourced from club websites, funding for club training facility relocation or upgrades.
AFL FUNDING ?
MUCH DIFFERENT STORY
Doesn't detract from why the taxpayer should be paying for this when the club is technically insolvent.

Let me just highlight where the funding listed above has come from for you since you missed it.

I'll go ahead and also highlight some of the wealthiest clubs in the AFL and the funding they've received from governments listed above.
Any comment on your tax dollars being given to those clubs? That's nearly $300 million in federal funding collectively.
Not even going to bother reading your shit
" my true nature" ?
Such arrogance and stupidity it needed no further reading. Half assed rhetoric and generalisations from a barely educated person.
All you need to address a.....e is the elephant in the room.....that is another twelve million dollar debt The AFL bailed you out last 12 million debt and that was only 6 years ago . I would say that is not something they will keep doing . Cost cutting is your only hope . You know what that means ? Probably not.

rev

#1039 Post by rev » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:21 pm

citywatcher wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:33 pm
rev wrote:
citywatcher wrote:
AFL FUNDING ?
MUCH DIFFERENT STORY

" my true nature" ?
Such arrogance and stupidity it needed no further reading. Half assed rhetoric and generalisations from a barely educated person.
All you need to address a.....e is the elephant in the room.....that is another twelve million dollar debt The AFL bailed you out last 12 million debt and that was only 6 years ago . I would say that is not something they will keep doing . Cost cutting is your only hope . You know what that means ? Probably not.

Tough day at the office? :cheers:

citywatcher
Legendary Member!

#1040 Post by citywatcher » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:58 pm

rev wrote:
citywatcher wrote:
rev wrote: Let me just highlight where the funding listed above has come from for you since you missed it.

" my true nature" ?

So that's how they'll pay back the millions and come up with revenue streams and a viable business plan. Good luck.
You understand that govt grants cannot be used toward debt reduction? Even if all the other clubs get them too.

rev

#1041 Post by rev » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:00 pm

citywatcher wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:58 pm
rev wrote:
citywatcher wrote:
" my true nature" ?

So that's how they'll pay back the millions and come up with revenue streams and a viable business plan. Good luck.
You understand that govt grants cannot be used toward debt reduction? Even if all the other clubs get them too.

Yes Citywatcher, we understand that's not what the government funding is for.
I understand, as I'm the one who posted it, that the government funding sought by the club is for the redevelopment.

No shit sherlock :lol:

This guy...

Ignores facts put to him, raises non-existent arguments that nobody has made. Is this a :hilarious: or :wallbash: ?

You should stop digging, you're well beat here.

Honey of a City
High Rise Poster!

#1042 Post by Honey of a City » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:21 pm

citywatcher wrote:
rev wrote:
citywatcher wrote:
" my true nature" ?

For someone who “hates” both the Crows and Port you seem to know a lot of detail about their finances. That said, I understood that this site was about celebrating all that’s unique and good about Adelaide’s built environment, and sharing news and views on new developments. Hence “Sensational Adelaide”. This Alberton proposal has a lot to like about it, with a focus on community development through sport, as well as bringing more investment into the area. The Port is on the cusp of a real new life, after a few false starts. When it fires up fully the whole of SA will benefit.

citywatcher
Legendary Member!

#1043 Post by citywatcher » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:52 pm

rev wrote:
citywatcher wrote:
rev wrote: Tough day at the office? :cheers:

Yes Citywatcher, we understand that's not what the government funding is for.
I understand, as I'm the one who posted it, that the government funding sought by the club is for the redevelopment.

No shit sherlock Image

This guy...

Ignores facts put to him, raises non-existent arguments that nobody has made. Is this a :hilarious: or :wallbash: ?

You should stop digging, you're well beat here.
That's funny
Your posts don't reflect that

citywatcher
Legendary Member!

#1044 Post by citywatcher » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:55 pm

Honey of a City wrote:
citywatcher wrote:
rev wrote: Tough day at the office? :cheers:

For someone who “hates” both the Crows and Port you seem to know a lot of detail about their finances. That said, I understood that this site was about celebrating all that’s unique and good about Adelaide’s built environment, and sharing news and views on new developments. Hence “Sensational Adelaide”. This Alberton proposal has a lot to like about it, with a focus on community development through sport, as well as bringing more investment into the area. The Port is on the cusp of a real new life, after a few false starts. When it fires up fully the whole of SA will benefit.
Where have I posted DETAILS about their finances?
I think someone else was quoting from one of the clubs' annual reports.
My only point was the debt of one of the clubs and why the taxpayer should be giving an insolvent entity millions in taxpayer funds.
I haven't read anything to dispute this fact.

rev

#1045 Post by rev » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:43 pm

citywatcher wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:55 pm
Where have I posted DETAILS about their finances?
I think someone else was quoting from one of the clubs' annual reports.
My only point was the debt of one of the clubs and why the taxpayer should be giving an insolvent entity millions in taxpayer funds.
I haven't read anything to dispute this fact.

Where have you posted about the clubs finances? In every post you made. Here let me, the uneducated asshole and asswipe refresh your memory.

Example 1...You even briefly refer to the Crows finances in this post.
citywatcher wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:37 pm
Pro Crows? That's your misinterpretation wharfie. I hate the Crows but at least they pay their own way unlike Port. A development that will benefit the community? Really? How much of this development will benefit the community and how much Port? If Port weren't asking how far would this proposal go? Why can't they do the "community part " without the Port part?
It's sleight of hand . " Oh look , it's going to benefit the community too ! "
Still. You can't address the issue of tens of millions of dollars being pissed down the drain by this franchise . As a taxpayer I'd like to know where it goes and why we should keep shovelling them more.
In any other professional league in the world they would have shut the doors on them years ago.
Asswipe.

Example 2
citywatcher wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:23 pm
What are you talking about
They've already been bailed out $14m , are another $12m in debt and want $15m in tax payers money !
Crows don't have a base . West Lakes belongs to the SANFL and they have now sold it.
Covid has nothing to do with it.
They have a business plan that is a proven disaster and expect others to keep throwing money at them.
Most other clubs managed and made profits.
The problem is closer to home.

Example 3...your initial post.
citywatcher wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:43 pm
So who pays for this?
$12m in debt......AGAIN !

You referred to the following;
-Ports past debts
-Port being bailed out
-Ports current debts
-Ports business plan
-Ports desire for government funding for a redevelopment project at Alberton
-Other clubs managing to make a profit
-Crows supposedly paying their own way

Tell us again how you haven't made reference to their finances :hilarious:

Like I said a couple hours ago mate, stop digging..

citywatcher
Legendary Member!

#1046 Post by citywatcher » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:02 pm

$26m in bailouts from the AFL and counting now they want $15m in tax payers money
Some people are laughing all the way to the bank
Wish I could run my business like that but then I'm held accountable in my line of work.

rev

#1047 Post by rev » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:14 pm

citywatcher wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:02 pm
$26m in bailouts from the AFL and counting now they want $15m in tax payers money
Wish I could run my business like that but then I'm held accountable in my line of work.

Have you remembered to renew your crows membership for 2021?

citywatcher
Legendary Member!

#1048 Post by citywatcher » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:14 am

rev wrote:
citywatcher wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:02 pm

Have you remembered to renew your crows membership for 2021?
Made it pretty clear I wouldn't be a Crows member
Perhaps it's time you questioned the people responsible for the $26m. in debts
You know , the ones that are living in big homes and driving nice cars......and laughing at blind loyalty.

gnrc_louis
Legendary Member!

#1049 Post by gnrc_louis » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:18 pm

Great news about the Colac Hotel apartments - really good design for the area imo

Here's a picture: https://content.api.news/v3/images/bin/ ... width=1024

Also the Divett Street development: https://i2.au.reastatic.net/800x600-for ... /image.jpg
Huge amount of Port projects sparking significant buyer demand

A string of apartment and hotel developments in Port Adelaide are coming to fruition – and buyers are jumping on board.

A major developer in Port Adelaide feels the area could be the next St Kilda, with significant projects underway and strong residential demand from younger buyers.

While for years the area has been touted as the next Fremantle, Dominion Homes co-owner Tony Luvera believed the feeling in the area was much more akin to Melbourne’s beachside suburb.

“Port Adelaide is really ramping up, there’s more foot traffic every day,” Mr Luvera said.

“It reminds me of St Kilda, because it’s drawing that younger, bohemian crowd.”

Mr Luvera’s company is behind a $12m apartment redevelopment of the former Labor Party-owned Colac Hotel.

He expected demand to be strong for the location, but even he was surprised at how quickly apartments were snapped up.

“All of the 14 apartments were sold in only seven days,” he said.

“The demographic buying in the area is younger people, those in their 30s,” he said.

Dominion is also behind another nearby development – three-storey apartments on Divett Street, which are 80 per cent sold while still under construction.

Other Port Adelaide projects the company is working on including redevelopment of the Farmer Joes’ site, with a mixture of apartments and shops, and high-end townhouses along McLaren Parade, with rooftop areas.

“We’re very passionate about the area and it’s an exciting time to be working here. It’s just getting better every day,” Mr Luvera said.

Another major development down the Port is Dock One, which is made up of townhouses, apartments and boutique hotel accommodation.

More than 40 townhouses were recently sold as part of the project, with more coming onto the market in April or May this year.

Starfish development manager Ben Colmer said more than half of the buyers were owner/occupiers.

“Demand has been really strong, primarily from locals around Port Adelaide and across SA,” he said.

As well as the residential development, construction on Starfish’s MH Hotel, in the old Marine and Harbours building on St Vincent Street, will begin this year.

The project will involve the construction of 100 boutique hotel rooms, ground floor restaurant and a rooftop bar.

Mr Colmer said one of the standout aspects of the hotel project was the floating suites being built right on the water, offering unique accommodation in Port Adelaide.

CK Property Group is also planning a major accommodation development – the 182-room, $60m waterfront hotel Rydges on the Wharf Port Adelaide.

Detailed design and engineering of the hotel is currently being undertaken, with construction expected to begin during the third quarter of this year, and completion anticipated to be late 2022.

The project will also bring a new dining option to the Port with Rydges at the Wharf to feature a French-inspired restaurant to be named ‘Black Diamond’, in honour of the area’s history, with Black Diamond Corner for many years a notable Port Adelaide landmark.

Event Hospitality & Entertainment Limited (EVENT) has entered into a conditional management agreement with CK Property Group to run the hotel.

EVENT hospitality and entertainment director of hotels and resorts Norman Arundel said with the rapidly growing presence of defence sector in the area, he believed there would be strong demand for the hotel.

“We look forward to Rydges becoming an integral part of the local community,” he said.

Work has begun on another major development in the Port, the redevelopment of the old Globe Hotel, which has approval for work on the hotel including bars, beer garden, restaurant and meeting rooms. But further work has been halted pending approval for a 60 room residential hotel, which is before the State Commission Assessment Panel for planning approval.

The hotel will be integrated into the current plans, before work proceeds in earnest.
More Coverage
$30m Port hotel takes huge step forward

Port Adelaide Enfield Mayor Claire Boan said the range of eateries, bars and styles of homes being built in the area was helping to drive interest from a wide range of people wanting to call the Port home.

“We’re working alongside the developers to create fantastic spaces for our community,” she said.

rev

#1050 Post by rev » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:43 pm

Yeh that one was posted about when it was proposed. Good that they've finally started work on it. :applause: