I hope everyone is travelling well and getting through this.

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

Re: I hope everyone is travelling well and getting through this.

#46 Post by rev » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:38 pm

Why was the hotel quarantine working till recently?

What were the 100 security breaches mentioned and when did they happen?

Why were the medihotel staff quarantined after doing training? Wtf was going on..

Why are people who are meant to be in self quarantine going out and about, some even while infected? Event the household at the centre of the Parafield cluster aren't adhereing to quarantining at home.

So clearly, quarantine in city hotels doesn't work, quarantine at home doesn't work.

But trolling twats like Nort think quarantining people in remote locations, where a breach wont result in a city or state wide lockdown, is a bad idea.

And we wonder why SA is so backwards and behind. Nort and Algmong are the quality of the majority of voters.

SA is finished, Adelaide will never amount to being anything other then an over grown regional centre.

Nort
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#47 Post by Nort » Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:49 pm

rev wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:38 pm
But trolling twats like Nort think quarantining people in remote locations, where a breach wont result in a city or state wide lockdown, is a bad idea.
Please show me where I've said that.

ghs

#48 Post by ghs » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:08 pm

The whole situation is a political nightmare.

Health minister, Stephen Wade looks like his going to have a heart attack everytime he speaks.

The old bag Spurrier didn't attend the media conference today because her advice yesterday was incorrect.

Marshall is in a sticky situation with the new proposed hospital facility for Covid19. He said he was going to open it immediately but they don't even have a location for it yet. Its still months away !!

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#49 Post by Will » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:14 pm

ghs wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:08 pm
The whole situation is a political nightmare.

Health minister, Stephen Wade looks like his going to have a heart attack everytime he speaks.

The old bag Spurrier didn't attend the media conference today because her advice yesterday was incorrect.

Marshall is in a sticky situation with the new proposed hospital facility for Covid19. He said he was going to open it immediately but they don't even have a location for it yet. Its still months away !!
Nice example of some casual misogyny.

ghs

#50 Post by ghs » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:39 pm

How can you say that when I have also been critical of two male politicians.

And if you think people / journalists are overly critical of the state government then go onto YouTube and look at what Daniel Andrews faced a few months ago in Melbourne.

SBD

#51 Post by SBD » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:10 am

ghs wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:39 pm
How can you say that when I have also been critical of two male politicians.

And if you think people / journalists are overly critical of the state government then go onto YouTube and look at what Daniel Andrews faced a few months ago in Melbourne.
Will is calling out the labels, not the criticism. “Health Minister” vs “old bag”.

Nort

#52 Post by Nort » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:58 pm

Announced today that positive cases will now be kept in dedicated floors at the Pullman as adapting the Old Wakefield to be suitable was too hard, with concerns over aspects of the space such as air flow.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-12-07/ ... s/12955924

ghs

#53 Post by ghs » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:41 pm

Nort wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:58 pm
Announced today that positive cases will now be kept in dedicated floors at the Pullman as adapting the Old Wakefield to be suitable was too hard, with concerns over aspects of the space such as air flow.

So much for a dedicated facility which was promised a couple of weeks ago. I don't think I have ever seen so many inconsistencies from a government previously.

I also question how the air flow at the old Wakefield hospital could be detrimental to the health of patients given that it used to be a hospital. Sounds like they're covering up the fact that they weren't able to come to an agreement with the owner.

Nort

#54 Post by Nort » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:29 am

The following comes with the proviso that I'm not naturally a Liberal supporter, have never voted for them and am still overall unlikely to at the next state election.
ghs wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:41 pm
Nort wrote:

So much for a dedicated facility which was promised a couple of weeks ago. I don't think I have ever seen so many inconsistencies from a government previously.
I don't think calling out changes in plans is helpful. Disagreements with approaches and decisions are 100% valid to raise, but when the government and health authorities are being really open about current plans and approaches the flip side of that is that we will sometimes get to see how the sausage is made. They intended to do something, researched it further and then ultimately decided it wasn't suitable. The only way to avoid situations like that are for them to withhold information from us for longer, or to stick with unsuitable plans to avoid the appearance of inconsistencies.
I also question how the air flow at the old Wakefield hospital could be detrimental to the health of patients given that it used to be a hospital. Sounds like they're covering up the fact that they weren't able to come to an agreement with the owner.
Your speculation isn't impossible, but I would suggest the bolded is more a suggestion of the reasoning. If the concern is air flow related then it's quite likely that the old hospital has inferior control over filtering and direction of air flows than a modern hotel built for comfort and modern fire codes.

SBD

#55 Post by SBD » Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:18 pm

Nort wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:29 am
The following comes with the proviso that I'm not naturally a Liberal supporter, have never voted for them and am still overall unlikely to at the next state election.
ghs wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:41 pm
Nort wrote:

I don't think calling out changes in plans is helpful. Disagreements with approaches and decisions are 100% valid to raise, but when the government and health authorities are being really open about current plans and approaches the flip side of that is that we will sometimes get to see how the sausage is made. They intended to do something, researched it further and then ultimately decided it wasn't suitable. The only way to avoid situations like that are for them to withhold information from us for longer, or to stick with unsuitable plans to avoid the appearance of inconsistencies.
Your speculation isn't impossible, but I would suggest the bolded is more a suggestion of the reasoning. If the concern is air flow related then it's quite likely that the old hospital has inferior control over filtering and direction of air flows than a modern hotel built for comfort and modern fire codes.
Less than ten years ago, I was admitted to Lyell McEwin hospital with what turned out to be bacterial pneumonia. At first, they didn't know what caused my illness, so I was isolated with staff wearing full PPE and I was not to use the shared bathroom. As I started to recover and think about my surroundings, I realised that the airconditioning in my "isolation" room was set up to blow fresh air into the room, and exhaust to the corridor. That would not meet the COVID-19 rules today, but was a common way to set up buildings when fresh air was considered important in rooms.

ghs

#56 Post by ghs » Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:08 pm

Well, well, well.... SA Health said yesterday that the virus broke out at Peppers due to poor ventilation at the hotel.

Interesting that the government aren't prepared to use the old Wakefield hospital due to poor ventilation however it's fine to use Peppers as a medi hotel which also has poor ventilation.

More inconsistencies from an incompetent government.

Nort

#57 Post by Nort » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:28 am

ghs wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:08 pm
Well, well, well.... SA Health said yesterday that the virus broke out at Peppers due to poor ventilation at the hotel.

Interesting that the government aren't prepared to use the old Wakefield hospital due to poor ventilation however it's fine to use Peppers as a medi hotel which also has poor ventilation.

Your post here is inconsistent with the facts.

The Wakefield Hospital wasn't going to be used for all arrivals, but instead positive test cases were going to be moved there.

Since the Wakefield and Peppers don't have appropriate ventilation, all positive cases that don't require hospitalization will now be moved to dedicated floors at the Pullman. AFAIK no changes to this plan have been shared since it was announced the Wakefield was unsuitable, except for the information they are still investigating the feasibility of a dedicated facility.

SBD

#58 Post by SBD » Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:55 pm

Nort wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:28 am
ghs wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:08 pm

Your post here is inconsistent with the facts.

The Wakefield Hospital wasn't going to be used for all arrivals, but instead positive test cases were going to be moved there.

Since the Wakefield and Peppers don't have appropriate ventilation, all positive cases that don't require hospitalization will now be moved to dedicated floors at the Pullman. AFAIK no changes to this plan have been shared since it was announced the Wakefield was unsuitable, except for the information they are still investigating the feasibility of a dedicated facility.
When the lease was taken out for the former Wakefield Hospital, it was as a contingency for when the hospital cases did not fit in the infectious disease wards of the other hospitals. It was expected that most of us who got it would stay at home and recover, like we do from common colds and even mild cases of influenza.

Back then, we did not dare to hope for effectively eliminating the virus in Australia before there could be a vaccine.

ghs

#59 Post by ghs » Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:50 pm

I was speaking to a medi hotel worker on the weekend. He said that at the time of the outbreak at Peppers, it wasn't mandatory for the staff working on the ground floor to wear masks. It was only mandatory to wear a mask on the floors above the ground floor.

So a security guard working upstairs at a hotel could get the virus, then go downstairs task his or her mask off and then give it to others on the ground floor.

It's an absolute disgrace that SA Health implemented poor standards like this.

It's now mandatory for all workers at the medi hotels to wear masks regardless of their location. Spurrier needs to go.

[Shuz]

#60 Post by [Shuz] » Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:43 pm

Oh shutup. Everyone is still learning about how to navigate COVID. There's bound to be some mistakes along the way, and we can only learn from them. Spurrier has done an exemplary job given the circumstances.
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.