[COM] Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Message
Author
normh
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 188
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:19 pm

[COM] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

#1366 Post by normh » Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:18 pm

SRW wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:05 pm
The arcade entrance looks complete but remains unopened. It doesn't look particularly inviting either.

I thought the old stone building would become some sort of commercial space, but at the moment it remains a shell directly open to the utility area/car space.
looking through the windows a few nights ago, it is just open space, not carpark, it looks like normal commercial space but no fitout has happened yet.

Ozbear73
Gold-Member ;)
Posts: 57
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:51 am

[COM] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

#1367 Post by Ozbear73 » Sun May 23, 2021 3:22 pm

Spontaneous drive-by snap today:
Attachments
E411C5D1-5955-488E-A246-18B55EDF6F73.jpeg

User avatar
AndyWelsh
Legendary Member!
Posts: 633
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:44 pm

[COM] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

#1368 Post by AndyWelsh » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:19 pm

SRW wrote:The arcade entrance looks complete but remains unopened. It doesn't look particularly inviting either.

I thought the old stone building would become some sort of commercial space, but at the moment it remains a shell directly open to the utility area/car space.
From today and still closed:

Image
Image
Image
Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member
Posts: 7230
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:46 am
Location: Adelaide

[COM] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

#1369 Post by Ben » Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:35 pm

Has anyone been past the retail part of this development recently?

On a side note you'd be pretty p'd off if your home suddenly turned into a hotel building. Not sure how this continues to happen in Adelaide.
15 AUSTIN ST ADELAIDE SA 5000
UNDER ASSESSMENT
Description: Change of use of 87 residential apartments to tourist accommodation
Application ID: 22002744
Lodged: 01/02/2022
Property details: 15 AUSTIN ST ADELAIDE SA 5000
Name: Arise Hotels and Apartments

Nort
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 1819
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:08 pm

[COM] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

#1370 Post by Nort » Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:39 pm

Hmm, unsold apartments?

User avatar
gnrc_louis
Legendary Member!
Posts: 516
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:04 pm
Location: Adelaide

[COM] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

#1371 Post by gnrc_louis » Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:48 pm

Nort wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:39 pm
Hmm, unsold apartments?
Wouldn't be surprised if that was the case - a lot still advertised on Domain etc.

ChillyPhilly
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 2093
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:35 pm
Location: Kaurna Land.
Contact:

[COM] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

#1372 Post by ChillyPhilly » Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:07 pm

Not shocked that many are unsold.

The Adelaide housing and rental market has been screwed hard by overseas and interstate investors who have been using housing for profit.
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

citywatcher
Legendary Member!
Posts: 827
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:51 pm

[COM] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

#1373 Post by citywatcher » Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:08 pm

This is done to avoid various taxes and levies .

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk


ghs
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 1726
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:09 am
Location: Brighton

[COM] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

#1374 Post by ghs » Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:22 pm

Ben wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:35 pm

On a side note you'd be pretty p'd off if your home suddenly turned into a hotel building. Not sure how this continues to happen in Adelaide.
What difference does it make brother ?

normh
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 188
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:19 pm

[COM] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

#1375 Post by normh » Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:20 pm

ghs wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:22 pm
Ben wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:35 pm

On a side note you'd be pretty p'd off if your home suddenly turned into a hotel building. Not sure how this continues to happen in Adelaide.
What difference does it make brother ?
Lots. Those who are not using their apartment as a commercial business are subsidising those who are. The ATO recognises that a commercial operation has a higher wear and tear and shorter life span and things are written off quicker. A property that is used for a commercial purpose also get a write down at a rate of 4% where residential gets 2.5% again a recognition by the ATO that a commercial use has a higher wear and tear. Look at what Ben posted on the 2/2/22 at 8:35 Arise hotels have application to reclassify to "Tourist Accommodation" which equals commercial, 87 apartments. (update - it appears as if the Council approved the application today not that they could have stopped it, it complies with their development plan)

The security of the building is compromised as there is a constant string of strangers in and out of the building. Noise issues are difficult to be dealt with as those at the cause are gone the next day or so and don't care. There is no need for the "hotel" to have 24 hour staff at the property, only need a manager to be on call and able to attend, the condition states in a short period of time? so what does that mean? it is 3am now so I'll be there at 7am?.

Due to the higher wear and tear the community facilities get higher usage require higher maintenance, some warranties don't cover commercial usage, the Body Corp via its fees have to pay for this, that means everyone in the community is subsidising the upkeep of the "hotel". When it does all wear down and needs major revamp, unlike the Hilton and Co who have to spend millions of $$ these "hotels" just leave and the owners are left to upgrade it.


It has a huge impact. These issues are being recognised and felt largely in the Eastern States currently who are progressively introducing laws that allow BC's to ban short term rentals.

VinyTapestry849
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 198
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:03 pm

[COM] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

#1376 Post by VinyTapestry849 » Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:08 am

normh wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:20 pm
ghs wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:22 pm
Ben wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:35 pm

On a side note you'd be pretty p'd off if your home suddenly turned into a hotel building. Not sure how this continues to happen in Adelaide.
What difference does it make brother ?
Lots. Those who are not using their apartment as a commercial business are subsidising those who are. The ATO recognises that a commercial operation has a higher wear and tear and shorter life span and things are written off quicker. A property that is used for a commercial purpose also get a write down at a rate of 4% where residential gets 2.5% again a recognition by the ATO that a commercial use has a higher wear and tear. Look at what Ben posted on the 2/2/22 at 8:35 Arise hotels have application to reclassify to "Tourist Accommodation" which equals commercial, 87 apartments. (update - it appears as if the Council approved the application today not that they could have stopped it, it complies with their development plan)

The security of the building is compromised as there is a constant string of strangers in and out of the building. Noise issues are difficult to be dealt with as those at the cause are gone the next day or so and don't care. There is no need for the "hotel" to have 24 hour staff at the property, only need a manager to be on call and able to attend, the condition states in a short period of time? so what does that mean? it is 3am now so I'll be there at 7am?.

Due to the higher wear and tear the community facilities get higher usage require higher maintenance, some warranties don't cover commercial usage, the Body Corp via its fees have to pay for this, that means everyone in the community is subsidising the upkeep of the "hotel". When it does all wear down and needs major revamp, unlike the Hilton and Co who have to spend millions of $$ these "hotels" just leave and the owners are left to upgrade it.


It has a huge impact. These issues are being recognised and felt largely in the Eastern States currently who are progressively introducing laws that allow BC's to ban short term rentals.
Another Hotel? Isn't Adelaide already completely saturated with them?

User avatar
gnrc_louis
Legendary Member!
Posts: 516
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:04 pm
Location: Adelaide

[COM] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

#1377 Post by gnrc_louis » Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:34 am

VinyTapestry849 wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:08 am
normh wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:20 pm
ghs wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:22 pm

What difference does it make brother ?
Lots. Those who are not using their apartment as a commercial business are subsidising those who are. The ATO recognises that a commercial operation has a higher wear and tear and shorter life span and things are written off quicker. A property that is used for a commercial purpose also get a write down at a rate of 4% where residential gets 2.5% again a recognition by the ATO that a commercial use has a higher wear and tear. Look at what Ben posted on the 2/2/22 at 8:35 Arise hotels have application to reclassify to "Tourist Accommodation" which equals commercial, 87 apartments. (update - it appears as if the Council approved the application today not that they could have stopped it, it complies with their development plan)

The security of the building is compromised as there is a constant string of strangers in and out of the building. Noise issues are difficult to be dealt with as those at the cause are gone the next day or so and don't care. There is no need for the "hotel" to have 24 hour staff at the property, only need a manager to be on call and able to attend, the condition states in a short period of time? so what does that mean? it is 3am now so I'll be there at 7am?.

Due to the higher wear and tear the community facilities get higher usage require higher maintenance, some warranties don't cover commercial usage, the Body Corp via its fees have to pay for this, that means everyone in the community is subsidising the upkeep of the "hotel". When it does all wear down and needs major revamp, unlike the Hilton and Co who have to spend millions of $$ these "hotels" just leave and the owners are left to upgrade it.


It has a huge impact. These issues are being recognised and felt largely in the Eastern States currently who are progressively introducing laws that allow BC's to ban short term rentals.
Another Hotel? Isn't Adelaide already completely saturated with them?
Nope, quite a low number per capita in the CBD compared to other Australian capitals.

VinyTapestry849
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 198
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:03 pm

[COM] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

#1378 Post by VinyTapestry849 » Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:48 am

gnrc_louis wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:34 am
VinyTapestry849 wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:08 am
normh wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:20 pm


Lots. Those who are not using their apartment as a commercial business are subsidising those who are. The ATO recognises that a commercial operation has a higher wear and tear and shorter life span and things are written off quicker. A property that is used for a commercial purpose also get a write down at a rate of 4% where residential gets 2.5% again a recognition by the ATO that a commercial use has a higher wear and tear. Look at what Ben posted on the 2/2/22 at 8:35 Arise hotels have application to reclassify to "Tourist Accommodation" which equals commercial, 87 apartments. (update - it appears as if the Council approved the application today not that they could have stopped it, it complies with their development plan)

The security of the building is compromised as there is a constant string of strangers in and out of the building. Noise issues are difficult to be dealt with as those at the cause are gone the next day or so and don't care. There is no need for the "hotel" to have 24 hour staff at the property, only need a manager to be on call and able to attend, the condition states in a short period of time? so what does that mean? it is 3am now so I'll be there at 7am?.

Due to the higher wear and tear the community facilities get higher usage require higher maintenance, some warranties don't cover commercial usage, the Body Corp via its fees have to pay for this, that means everyone in the community is subsidising the upkeep of the "hotel". When it does all wear down and needs major revamp, unlike the Hilton and Co who have to spend millions of $$ these "hotels" just leave and the owners are left to upgrade it.


It has a huge impact. These issues are being recognised and felt largely in the Eastern States currently who are progressively introducing laws that allow BC's to ban short term rentals.
Another Hotel? Isn't Adelaide already completely saturated with them?
Nope, quite a low number per capita in the CBD compared to other Australian capitals.
Then the Freemason tower hotel and SA1 tower hotel will be great then :D. But having a hotel in Realm is strange, and will probably annoy the neighbors.

ChillyPhilly
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 2093
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:35 pm
Location: Kaurna Land.
Contact:

[COM] Re: Renaissance Arcade | 132m | 40 Levels | Realm Apartments

#1379 Post by ChillyPhilly » Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:38 pm

Salvador Dali sculpture and Realm.

Image
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests