[U/C] M2 North-South Motorway

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
SouthAussie94
Legendary Member!

[U/C] Re: M2 North-South Motorway

#5626 Post by SouthAussie94 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:03 pm

The @t2dproject instagram account has been silent since April 7th. Before this the account had been posting updates and info graphics every few days since October when the tunnel plan was announced. Such a drastic shift in the public relations strategy of the project suggests to me that significant changes are coming.
"All we are is bags of bones pushing against a self imposed tide. Just be content with staying alive"

Views and opinions expressed are my own and don't necessarily reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation

aceman
High Rise Poster!

#5627 Post by aceman » Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:42 pm

SouthAussie94 wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:03 pm
The @t2dproject instagram account has been silent since April 7th. Before this the account had been posting updates and info graphics every few days since October when the tunnel plan was announced. Such a drastic shift in the public relations strategy of the project suggests to me that significant changes are coming.
same thing with the T2D Facebook page. nothing posted since April 7. prior to that there were updates at least weekly with some weeks having updates and facts etc every few days. I think you're right though and labor are going back to the drawing board. in my travels recently I haven't taken any notice as to whether the core sampling that's happened along various locations just off the current south road is continuing or not.

Nort
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#5628 Post by Nort » Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:15 am

aceman wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:42 pm
SouthAussie94 wrote:
same thing with the T2D Facebook page. nothing posted since April 7. prior to that there were updates at least weekly with some weeks having updates and facts etc every few days. I think you're right though and labor are going back to the drawing board. in my travels recently I haven't taken any notice as to whether the core sampling that's happened along various locations just off the current south road is continuing or not.
There's a lot of activity on side streets which to me looks like core sampling.

aceman
High Rise Poster!

#5629 Post by aceman » Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:18 pm

Nort wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:15 am
aceman wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:42 pm
SouthAussie94 wrote:
There's a lot of activity on side streets which to me looks like core sampling.
the ones I've driven past that were actively running most days seem to have packed up with no one there. unless they've moved to a new site and haven't finished clearing the previous site.

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#5630 Post by SRW » Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:12 am

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-06-24/ ... /101179768
Mr Koutsantonis confirmed tunnels would remain part of the design on the section of the roads south of Anzac Highway and in the western suburbs areas.

"There will be tunnels, the question for us is the final design," he said.
Keep Adelaide Weird

aceman
High Rise Poster!

#5631 Post by aceman » Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:16 pm

anyone have an opinion on what major changes (if any) will be revealed in a few weeks in regards to the reference design? I'm assuming some tweaking will be required for the entry/exit points otherwise there will be major grid locking. there also still seems to be a lot of uncertainty surrounding property acquisition.

Nort

#5632 Post by Nort » Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:03 pm

Apparently there is drilling on Brooker Terrace this week for tunnel ground sampling. Few hundred meters from the planned tunnel which is interesting.

Eurostar
Legendary Member!

#5633 Post by Eurostar » Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:07 am

That flyover proposed at Black Forest coming from South Road to Anzac Highway should be abandoned. We should not be encouraging cars to travel to and from the City. Express buses if they are to use the tunnel, the left lane should be a HV Lane primarily for buses and trucks.

Maybe on the South Road surface road a bus route should be trialled to run between Darlington and Wingfield to give people an alternative to driving.

aceman
High Rise Poster!

#5634 Post by aceman » Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:59 am

Eurostar wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:07 am
That flyover proposed at Black Forest coming from South Road to Anzac Highway should be abandoned. We should not be encouraging cars to travel to and from the City. Express buses if they are to use the tunnel, the left lane should be a HV Lane primarily for buses and trucks.

Maybe on the South Road surface road a bus route should be trialled to run between Darlington and Wingfield to give people an alternative to driving.
I don't think it's about 'encouraging' cars to travel to and from the city. it's simply another entry exit point no different to all the other entry exit points. every other capital city in Australia has city exits from motorways.

Nort

#5635 Post by Nort » Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:25 am

aceman wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:59 am
Eurostar wrote:

I don't think it's about 'encouraging' cars to travel to and from the city. it's simply another entry exit point no different to all the other entry exit points. every other capital city in Australia has city exits from motorways.
Yeah. The seeming purpose of the flyover (which looks like it might get scrapped) isn't to help faster movement into the city, it's to prevent backups of traffic leaving the tunnel for the city and immediately stopping at the Anzac Highway lights.

aceman
High Rise Poster!

#5636 Post by aceman » Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:00 pm

Nort wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:25 am
aceman wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:59 am
Eurostar wrote:

Yeah. The seeming purpose of the flyover (which looks like it might get scrapped) isn't to help faster movement into the city, it's to prevent backups of traffic leaving the tunnel for the city and immediately stopping at the Anzac Highway lights.
that's exactly the point. insufficient exit points will just create a back up of traffic on the motorway itself. limiting exit points in an attempt to discourage cars from using the motorway won't work. it will just move the issue further down the road at the next exit. as tom k said this section needs to be done right otherwise it's a costly exercise to fix afterwards.

Waewick

[U/C] Re: [U/C] Re: M2 North-South Motorway

#5637 Post by Waewick » Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:18 pm

SRW wrote:https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-06-24/ ... /101179768
Mr Koutsantonis confirmed tunnels would remain part of the design on the section of the roads south of Anzac Highway and in the western suburbs areas.

The fact the worst politician in the country has any influence on this development is just horrendous.

He only has himself in mind, not the state.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

gnrc_louis
Legendary Member!

#5638 Post by gnrc_louis » Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:24 pm

Waewick wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:18 pm

The fact the worst politician in the country has any influence on this development is just horrendous.

Worst "politician in the country?" So he's worse than Matt Canavan? Malcolm Roberts? Gerrard Rennick? Three of the most anti-science, absurd conspiracy propagating politicians around, yet Koutsantonis is worse than that? You're delusional.

A-Town
High Rise Poster!

#5639 Post by A-Town » Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:44 pm

Waewick wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:18 pm

Agree with this take. Kouts comes across as one of the more self-serving politicians. It's a shame he took control of the state's most critical infrastructure project and that it's already been delayed by at least a year since Labor took back control.

Hope I'm wrong, but it doesn't seem like a priority for them now.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#5640 Post by rev » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:23 am

Eurostar wrote:

Yes, let's use our teleportation devices to get to/from the city.