Adelaide Plains | Development and News

Developments in Regional South Australia. Including Port Lincoln, Victor Harbor, Wallaroo, Gawler and Mount Barker.
Message
Author
User avatar
PeFe
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1450
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:47 am

Re: Adelaide Plains | Development and News

#16 Post by PeFe » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:27 pm

And this land is part of "Adelaide's food belt".......growing produce that ends up on Adelaidian's tables.

Eurostar
Legendary Member!
Posts: 819
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:44 pm

Re: Adelaide Plains | Development and News

#17 Post by Eurostar » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:43 pm

According to this week's The Bunyip Newspaper the developer of St Yves are proposing a roundabout on Horrocks Highway and the main road will have speed limit reduced too.

SBD
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 2082
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:49 pm
Location: Blakeview

Re: Adelaide Plains | Development and News

#18 Post by SBD » Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:05 am

Eurostar wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:43 pm
According to this week's The Bunyip Newspaper the developer of St Yves are proposing a roundabout on Horrocks Highway and the main road will have speed limit reduced too.
A roundabout seems like both overkill and a bit late considering that the works to provide turning lanes is almost complete.

The speed limit change is probably to be expected, as it is everywhere else that new urban development arises.

Eurostar
Legendary Member!
Posts: 819
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:44 pm

Re: Adelaide Plains | Development and News

#19 Post by Eurostar » Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:39 pm

SBD wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:05 am
Eurostar wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:43 pm
According to this week's The Bunyip Newspaper the developer of St Yves are proposing a roundabout on Horrocks Highway and the main road will have speed limit reduced too.
A roundabout seems like both overkill and a bit late considering that the works to provide turning lanes is almost complete.

The speed limit change is probably to be expected, as it is everywhere else that new urban development arises.
In the news article they do mention there are two proposed entrance points into the new estate

AEW
Sen-Rookie-Sational
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:46 am

Re: Adelaide Plains | Development and News

#20 Post by AEW » Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:34 pm

Eurostar wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:39 pm
SBD wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:05 am
Eurostar wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:43 pm
According to this week's The Bunyip Newspaper the developer of St Yves are proposing a roundabout on Horrocks Highway and the main road will have speed limit reduced too.
A roundabout seems like both overkill and a bit late considering that the works to provide turning lanes is almost complete.

The speed limit change is probably to be expected, as it is everywhere else that new urban development arises.
In the news article they do mention there are two proposed entrance points into the new estate

Looooong time lurker on this page... finally have a reason to post. Family member has bought in the St Yves estate.

From what they have been told by their sales agent ( who actually works for the developer) that roundabout has nothing to do with them, and they constructed their intersection as they were told to when the whole area got approved.

St Yves has an intersection already almost built. Hickinbotham altered their turn into their development to the roundabout after construction on the St Yves site had already started. Seems a bit silly as surely the council should look at all the developments together to make sure they are all in alignment with roads etc. and the whole area, but what do I know lol.

Eurostar
Legendary Member!
Posts: 819
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:44 pm

Re: Adelaide Plains | Development and News

#21 Post by Eurostar » Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:28 pm

So according to this week's Bunyip Newspaper Drakes is the supermarket that will be in Springwood Place (new shopping centre in Springwood) . Also Aldi wants to move into spot where Getta Bargain is now, formerly Tom The Cheap if I recall. Rumours going around that Woolworths is looking at site in Evanston Park.

Goodsy
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1075
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:39 am

Re: Adelaide Plains | Development and News

#22 Post by Goodsy » Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:40 pm

does anyone know what is being built next to the Mitre 10 in Virginia? I assume its an OTR

SBD
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 2082
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:49 pm
Location: Blakeview

Re: Adelaide Plains | Development and News

#23 Post by SBD » Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:17 pm

Goodsy wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:40 pm
does anyone know what is being built next to the Mitre 10 in Virginia? I assume its an OTR
Yes, it looks like OTR - https://plan.sa.gov.au/development_appl ... 037978-DAP

Name: PC Infrastructure Pty Ltd
Postal Address: 270 The Parade, KENSINGTON PARK SA 5068
Email: ****@peregrine.com.au
IN REGARD TO:
Development Application No.: 292/1870/2020 Lodged On: 12-Oct-2020
Nature of Proposed Development: Construction of an integrated service station complex with
associated vehicle parking, one freestanding advertising display and landscaping

Eurostar
Legendary Member!
Posts: 819
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:44 pm

Re: Adelaide Plains | Development and News

#24 Post by Eurostar » Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:57 pm

SBD wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:17 pm
Goodsy wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:40 pm
does anyone know what is being built next to the Mitre 10 in Virginia? I assume its an OTR
Yes, it looks like OTR - https://plan.sa.gov.au/development_appl ... 037978-DAP

Name: PC Infrastructure Pty Ltd
Postal Address: 270 The Parade, KENSINGTON PARK SA 5068
Email: ****@peregrine.com.au
IN REGARD TO:
Development Application No.: 292/1870/2020 Lodged On: 12-Oct-2020
Nature of Proposed Development: Construction of an integrated service station complex with
associated vehicle parking, one freestanding advertising display and landscaping
Oh how boring..... another OTR

SBD
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 2082
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:49 pm
Location: Blakeview

Re: Adelaide Plains | Development and News

#25 Post by SBD » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:59 pm

Eurostar wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:57 pm
SBD wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:17 pm
Goodsy wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:40 pm
does anyone know what is being built next to the Mitre 10 in Virginia? I assume its an OTR
Yes, it looks like OTR - https://plan.sa.gov.au/development_appl ... 037978-DAP

Name: PC Infrastructure Pty Ltd
Postal Address: 270 The Parade, KENSINGTON PARK SA 5068
Email: ****@peregrine.com.au
IN REGARD TO:
Development Application No.: 292/1870/2020 Lodged On: 12-Oct-2020
Nature of Proposed Development: Construction of an integrated service station complex with
associated vehicle parking, one freestanding advertising display and landscaping
Oh how boring..... another OTR
It looks like at present, the only retail fuel outlet in Virginia is X Convenience. Have I missed a competitor? Streetview says there used to be a couple of bowsers at Nowa Agricultural across the road from Woolworths, but that looks like it's been closed for years. I'm not sure if there are convenience shops that don't sell fuel and are open more than Woolworths.

Small franchise or independent fuel outlets seem to be out of favour at the moment, and I can easily imagine why. I would not want to invest in establishing a new petrol shop, with no idea how long until petrol is a niche product and I have to redevelop. There's not much opportunity to differentiate your product. The alternative is to "just" be a takeaway shop. Virginia has a range of those I think.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests