Adelaide Plains | Development and News

Developments in Regional South Australia. Including Port Lincoln, Victor Harbor, Wallaroo, Gawler and Mount Barker.
PeFe
Super Size Scraper Poster!

Re: Adelaide Plains | Development and News

#16 Post by PeFe » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:27 pm

And this land is part of "Adelaide's food belt".......growing produce that ends up on Adelaidian's tables.

Eurostar
Legendary Member!

#17 Post by Eurostar » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:43 pm

According to this week's The Bunyip Newspaper the developer of St Yves are proposing a roundabout on Horrocks Highway and the main road will have speed limit reduced too.

SBD

#18 Post by SBD » Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:05 am

Eurostar wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:43 pm
According to this week's The Bunyip Newspaper the developer of St Yves are proposing a roundabout on Horrocks Highway and the main road will have speed limit reduced too.
A roundabout seems like both overkill and a bit late considering that the works to provide turning lanes is almost complete.

The speed limit change is probably to be expected, as it is everywhere else that new urban development arises.

Eurostar
Legendary Member!

#19 Post by Eurostar » Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:39 pm

SBD wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:05 am
Eurostar wrote:
A roundabout seems like both overkill and a bit late considering that the works to provide turning lanes is almost complete.

The speed limit change is probably to be expected, as it is everywhere else that new urban development arises.
In the news article they do mention there are two proposed entrance points into the new estate

AEW
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#20 Post by AEW » Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:34 pm

Eurostar wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:39 pm
SBD wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:05 am
Eurostar wrote:

In the news article they do mention there are two proposed entrance points into the new estate

Looooong time lurker on this page... finally have a reason to post. Family member has bought in the St Yves estate.

From what they have been told by their sales agent ( who actually works for the developer) that roundabout has nothing to do with them, and they constructed their intersection as they were told to when the whole area got approved.

St Yves has an intersection already almost built. Hickinbotham altered their turn into their development to the roundabout after construction on the St Yves site had already started. Seems a bit silly as surely the council should look at all the developments together to make sure they are all in alignment with roads etc. and the whole area, but what do I know lol.

Eurostar
Legendary Member!

#21 Post by Eurostar » Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:28 pm

So according to this week's Bunyip Newspaper Drakes is the supermarket that will be in Springwood Place (new shopping centre in Springwood) . Also Aldi wants to move into spot where Getta Bargain is now, formerly Tom The Cheap if I recall. Rumours going around that Woolworths is looking at site in Evanston Park.

Goodsy
Legendary Member!

#22 Post by Goodsy » Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:40 pm

does anyone know what is being built next to the Mitre 10 in Virginia? I assume its an OTR

SBD

#23 Post by SBD » Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:17 pm

Goodsy wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:40 pm
does anyone know what is being built next to the Mitre 10 in Virginia? I assume its an OTR
Yes, it looks like OTR - https://plan.sa.gov.au/development_appl ... 037978-DAP

Name: PC Infrastructure Pty Ltd
Postal Address: 270 The Parade, KENSINGTON PARK SA 5068
Email: ****@peregrine.com.au
IN REGARD TO:
Development Application No.: 292/1870/2020 Lodged On: 12-Oct-2020
Nature of Proposed Development: Construction of an integrated service station complex with
associated vehicle parking, one freestanding advertising display and landscaping

Eurostar
Legendary Member!

#24 Post by Eurostar » Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:57 pm

SBD wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:17 pm
Goodsy wrote:

IN REGARD TO:
Nature of Proposed Development: Construction of an integrated service station complex with
associated vehicle parking, one freestanding advertising display and landscaping
Oh how boring..... another OTR

SBD

#25 Post by SBD » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:59 pm

Eurostar wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:57 pm
SBD wrote:
Goodsy wrote:

IN REGARD TO:
It looks like at present, the only retail fuel outlet in Virginia is X Convenience. Have I missed a competitor? Streetview says there used to be a couple of bowsers at Nowa Agricultural across the road from Woolworths, but that looks like it's been closed for years. I'm not sure if there are convenience shops that don't sell fuel and are open more than Woolworths.

Small franchise or independent fuel outlets seem to be out of favour at the moment, and I can easily imagine why. I would not want to invest in establishing a new petrol shop, with no idea how long until petrol is a niche product and I have to redevelop. There's not much opportunity to differentiate your product. The alternative is to "just" be a takeaway shop. Virginia has a range of those I think.

Goodsy
Legendary Member!

#26 Post by Goodsy » Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:31 am

SBD wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:59 pm
Eurostar wrote:
SBD wrote:

IN REGARD TO:
It looks like at present, the only retail fuel outlet in Virginia is X Convenience. Have I missed a competitor? Streetview says there used to be a couple of bowsers at Nowa Agricultural across the road from Woolworths, but that looks like it's been closed for years. I'm not sure if there are convenience shops that don't sell fuel and are open more than Woolworths.

Small franchise or independent fuel outlets seem to be out of favour at the moment, and I can easily imagine why. I would not want to invest in establishing a new petrol shop, with no idea how long until petrol is a niche product and I have to redevelop. There's not much opportunity to differentiate your product. The alternative is to "just" be a takeaway shop. Virginia has a range of those I think.
There's 2 x-convenience's within 200m of each other in Virginia, the council should have pulled one of their permits and forced one to close instead of letting OTR build a third. The next closest servo to Virginia is the OTR in Two Wells, about 8km away

SBD

#27 Post by SBD » Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:13 am

Goodsy wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:31 am
SBD wrote:
Eurostar wrote:

There's 2 x-convenience's within 200m of each other in Virginia, the council should have pulled one of their permits and forced one to close instead of letting OTR build a third. The next closest servo to Virginia is the OTR in Two Wells, about 8km away
Is one brand new? I can't see it in streetview which is only a year old. Perhaps they plan to close or sell the older one? All these sites are positioned to sell to locals, not passing highway traffic, nor even particularly positioned for the new residents of Riverlea Park. They provide local employment, and obviously have enough market to be profitable.

Goodsy
Legendary Member!

#28 Post by Goodsy » Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:28 pm

SBD wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:13 am
Goodsy wrote:
SBD wrote:

Is one brand new? I can't see it in streetview which is only a year old. Perhaps they plan to close or sell the older one? All these sites are positioned to sell to locals, not passing highway traffic, nor even particularly positioned for the new residents of Riverlea Park. They provide local employment, and obviously have enough market to be profitable.
One is across the road from the Mitre 10 and the other is on the corner of Sheedy road and Old Port Wakefield road. The one on Sheedy road was an AFD that was bought out by Caltex and is now a Mobil/XConvenience. The one across from Mitre 10 was a Liberty and now a Mobil/XConvenience

I have a feeling Mobil managed to buy out the one on Sheedy road before OTR was able to and just hold onto it out of spite, like the 2 Coles supermarkets at Ingle Farm shopping centre

SBD

#29 Post by SBD » Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:02 pm

Goodsy wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:28 pm
SBD wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:13 am
Goodsy wrote:

One is across the road from the Mitre 10 and the other is on the corner of Sheedy road and Old Port Wakefield road. The one on Sheedy road was an AFD that was bought out by Caltex and is now a Mobil/XConvenience. The one across from Mitre 10 was a Liberty and now a Mobil/XConvenience

I have a feeling Mobil managed to buy out the one on Sheedy road before OTR was able to and just hold onto it out of spite, like the 2 Coles supermarkets at Ingle Farm shopping centre
Ah! Thanks. X-Convenience own store-locator page has one in the wrong place, so that's where I was searching :-/

There are two OTRs that close together on Main North Road in Smithfield from a similar kind of take-over arrangement with BP. Presumably in these cases (including Coles), there is enough profit to justify the overhead of two almost adjacent sites. Perhaps it avoids needing to increase the sizes of the shops which would have major capital effects for no significant change in the bottom line. A new X-convenience is planned not far up the road, and there is also Caltex, AM/PM and Shell within a couple of kilometres, plus Liberty and another OTR on Curtis Road.

It must be quite challenging to decide where to open new outlets on greenfield sites.

mattblack
Legendary Member!

#30 Post by mattblack » Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:50 am

Not sure where else to post this.

Funding to Develop New Plant Protein

Release date: 27/02/24

Dublin-based Integra Foods has received $500,000 from the South Australian Government to support the company to research, develop and export its faba bean plant protein products.

The funding will help Integra Foods, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Australian Grain Export, deliver a strategic Plant Protein Export Market Development Project.

The ingredient manufacturer will also construct and operate a purpose-built laboratory at its production facility in Dublin.

The company makes proteins, starches, and flours from sustainably sourced and Australian-grown faba beans.

To optimise the use of protein found in pluses such as faba beans, Integra Foods has invested in a unique process of protein shifting called dry fractionation.

The first of its kind in Australia, the company uses an environmentally friendly dry fractionating technique to separate the starches from the proteins in faba beans.

The outcome is protein rich and starch rich powdered concentrates that use 90 per cent less energy in the production process.

The Plant Protein Export Market Development Project will undertake collaborative research and development opportunities targeting various industries. These include beverages, pet food, fortified foods and feed supplements.

Integra Foods will actively work to enter markets including Europe, North America and Australasia, collaborating with manufacturers, distributors and retailers across the supply chain.

The Malinauskas Government investment will assist in accelerating advancements in plant protein extraction methods and product quality.

This will provide further opportunities to a booming industry. South Australia’s pulse and legume exports were valued at $1.4 billion for 2023, up 58 per cent on the previous year, having been strengthened by the free trade agreement between Australia and India.

South Australia has some of the world’s best agricultural and cropping regions and is renowned as a producer of global premium quality pulses (faba beans, chickpeas, lentils and lupins).

The state produces 50 per cent of Australia’s lentils, has a 37 per cent share of faba beans and 37 per cent share of field peas.

South Australia’s agribusiness, manufacturing and artificial intelligence innovation precincts provide a strong foundation for developing ground-breaking food products and plant protein processing technologies that respond to a variety of consumer tastes and needs.