A somewhat dark question to those who remember

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
Phantom
High Rise Poster!

A somewhat dark question to those who remember

#1 Post by Phantom » Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:38 pm

Hey guys, it's been a while.

As someone who has an interest in media, I've always wondered how Channel 9 News reported on Bevan Spencer von Einem back in the 80s and 90s, when Rob Kelvin was the reporter. Obviously this would've been an extremely touchy subject at the time and would've been handled with care, however I remember fondly Rob Kelvin and Kevin Crease's reports from my childhood, and obviously the von Einem story was a massive one for South Australia.

Cheers guys
"Mono, you're a knob. <3"

claybro
Super Size Scraper Poster!

Re: A somewhat dark question to those who remember

#2 Post by claybro » Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:47 pm

Phantom wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:38 pm
Hey guys, it's been a while.

As someone who has an interest in media, I've always wondered how Channel 9 News reported on Bevan Spencer von Einem back in the 80s and 90s, when Rob Kelvin was the reporter. Obviously this would've been an extremely touchy subject at the time and would've been handled with care, however I remember fondly Rob Kelvin and Kevin Crease's reports from my childhood, and obviously the von Einem story was a massive one for South Australia.

Cheers guys
From memory, it was only Kevin Crease who used to read the story's relating to the case, although Rob was obviously present as the other anchor. I dont recall Rob commenting or reading those particular items. It was a strange and sad time, which has just added to SA's reputation for weird crimes.