Beer Garden

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
SBD
Super Size Scraper Poster!

Re: Beer Garden

#3346 Post by SBD » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:45 am

Hooligan wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:37 am
I would just like to see the transport department cover the cost of retrieving trucks from arrester beds. It could be incorporated into heavy vehicle registration costs.

Drivers currently would be hesitant to use them as they could face termination/unfair treatment from their employers due to the large cost involved in removing trucks from the beds. Some companies even tell their drivers they are responsible for the cost.

This would help make the freeway safer.
I thought the transport person on the radio after the last incident said there is no cost for getting out of the arrestor bed. It was suggested that signs to that effect should be added at the top. That cost might be covered as a result of the coroner's recommendations in 2015.

Hooligan
Legendary Member!

#3347 Post by Hooligan » Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:26 am

Ah, I wasn't aware they took those recommendations on!

Good to hear if true

Code: Select all

Signature removed 

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#3348 Post by Norman » Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:52 pm

There is definitely no cost to using the arrestor beds anymore.

neoballmon
Legendary Member!

#3349 Post by neoballmon » Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:00 pm

Is it no charge nationally, or only in SA/Some states. Because if a driver from say Victoria has to pay in Vic, they may be hesitant to use it here thinking they'll have to pay here as well.
Should definitely be included on signage either way anyway

Looking forward to a free-flowing Adelaide!

SBD

#3350 Post by SBD » Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:50 am

neoballmon wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:00 pm
Is it no charge nationally, or only in SA/Some states. Because if a driver from say Victoria has to pay in Vic, they may be hesitant to use it here thinking they'll have to pay here as well.
Should definitely be included on signage either way anyway
I think the state government decided to wear the cost after a crash in 2014 or 2015 when the driver thought it would cost too much to use the arrester bed, so crashed at the traffic lights instead.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#3351 Post by rev » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:19 pm

Wasn't sure where to post this, didn't want to post in the buildings development thread in fear of angering the thread posting etiquette gestapo :P

First, since when is there a NSW Consulate General? Don't show the freedom protesters this :lol:

Second, this is a relatively newish building. I dont really go looking for offices for sale, was looking for something else and came across this. Seems like an awful lot of for sale signs...
Screenshot_20220816-211250_CRE.jpg

SBD

#3352 Post by SBD » Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:29 pm

rev wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:19 pm
Wasn't sure where to post this, didn't want to post in the buildings development thread in fear of angering the thread posting etiquette gestapo :P

First, since when is there a NSW Consulate General? Don't show the freedom protesters this :lol:

Second, this is a relatively newish building. I dont really go looking for offices for sale, was looking for something else and came across this. Seems like an awful lot of for sale signs...

Screenshot_20220816-211250_CRE.jpg
I think it's Google Maps that is confused. The tenant directory for Aurora on Pirie shows the Consulate of the Federal Republic of Germany in suite 809.

Is a number of small serviced office spaces beng available a "problem" or a sign of a "vibrant economy"? There are over 160 tenancies, so 5% vacancy rate in that building is 8 suites.

All the numbers on your map seem to be on the top three tenanted floors if I've guessed them as suite numbers. Perhaps someone large moved out and it's still settling down?

VinyTapestry849
High Rise Poster!

#3353 Post by VinyTapestry849 » Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:37 pm

The Queen is dead. LONG LIVE THE KING.

Plasmatron
High Rise Poster!

#3354 Post by Plasmatron » Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:43 pm

RIP Queen Elizabeth II. End of an era.

Here's another era that has ended - I just tried to visit Emporis, and apparently the site has been "retired".

https://www.emporis.com
https://www.youtube.com/UltraVibeProductions

Nathan

#3355 Post by Nathan » Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:52 pm

Plasmatron wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:43 pm
RIP Queen Elizabeth II. End of an era.

Here's another era that has ended - I just tried to visit Emporis, and apparently the site has been "retired".

https://www.emporis.com
Dear Emporis Community Member,

I am writing to let you know that we have made the decision to retire the Emporis community platform. This change will take effect on Tuesday 13th September 2022.

Following the retirement you will no longer be able to access Emporis.

This decision was not made lightly. For more than twenty years, Emporis (and its predecessor site) has served as a platform for community members to share data, information and of course, great imagery of some of the tallest buildings and skyscrapers across the globe. I would like to thank you for your contributions over the years.

CoStar Group acquired Emporis in November 2020, recognising the truly global nature of the data in Emporis, and since the acquisition we have integrated much of that data into the global CoStar information platform for the benefit of our client base of brokers, owners, and lenders.

We know that many Emporis members share our passion for real estate – some of them as data enthusiasts; some as photographers; some as individuals who loved researching new cities and all of whom enjoyed contributing to an expanding real estate database.

CoStar is one of the largest commercial real estate information and analytics platform in the world and we are always seeking to hire new, talented individuals to help expand the platform into new markets and continue researching existing ones. If you are interested in any of our available roles within the Research group, please visit our careers website by clicking on the following link: https://www.costargroup.com/careers

In the meantime, should you have any questions or feedback, please contact our team at [email protected].

Once again, thank you for your contributions over the years and we wish you the best.

Matthew Green CoStar Europe, Managing Director

The Scooter Guy

#3356 Post by The Scooter Guy » Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:36 pm

Another end of an Ambitious Era!
Comic strips in the paper have been around since the late 1930s, according to my research on the microfilms!

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-08-27/ ... Z--ccWsbka

Please make the newspaper great again or YOU ARE FIRED! :wallbash:
For starters, my avatar is the well-known Adelaide Aquatic Centre insignia from 1989.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWk8YPx2zHziHgvyPy_9fxQ
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryanthescooterguy/
http://ryansbedroom.tumblr.com/

[Shuz]

#3357 Post by [Shuz] » Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:49 am

Cool story bro.
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

timtam20292
Legendary Member!

#3358 Post by timtam20292 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:09 pm

Has anyone on Facebook seen those advertisements about "A new way to shop Adelaide" posted by an account called "ByADL" ?

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#3359 Post by Ben » Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:20 pm

timtam20292 wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:09 pm
Has anyone on Facebook seen those advertisements about "A new way to shop Adelaide" posted by an account called "ByADL" ?
I think tis just an online shopping thing. The ads make it seem like much more.

https://sandbox.byadl.com.au/

timtam20292
Legendary Member!

#3360 Post by timtam20292 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:44 pm

bloody hell, so much for their announcements "All will be revealed/announced soon!"