Disneyland Adelaide

Ideas and concepts of what Adelaide can be.
Nort
Super Size Scraper Poster!

Re: Disneyland Adelaide

#31 Post by Nort » Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:44 pm

VinyTapestry849 wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:40 pm
Nort wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:35 pm
VinyTapestry849 wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:52 am

Everything starts from a thought, why so negative about it? Its literally one of the best opportunities adelaide might have
Because complete impossible fantasy helps no-one. It's not being negative, it's just facts that the billions of dollars of investment required could never hope to make a return.
Nort, It it didn't stack up financially the "Governments top financial advisors wouldn't have been the ones to raise it in the first place!!! You silly goose

And heres another article this morning about it, just because.
https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/subscrib ... our=append
Let's go back to the actual quote that Bits posted:
"The Disneyland concept was generated as a “thought bubble” during talks by the now-defunct Economic Development Board (EDB), under former Labor premier Jay Weatherill’s government.

But the plot did not thicken and the idea remained a Mickey Mouse scheme, with no site considered and no approach made to the Walt Disney Company in a bid to secure a licence."

"The former economic adviser said the scheme remained “nothing beyond a thought bubble”."
Nothing about putting forth a "thought bubble" requires the proposal to stack up financially.

bits
Legendary Member!

#32 Post by bits » Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:37 am

We should have replacements for Luna Park, Dazzleland, Lakeside Leisure Park, Green Hills Adventure Park and Puzzle Park. Or at least A replacement.
I believe even Magic Mountain was substantially better than the misspelt Beachouse.

But it will not be Disneyland.

The temporary ride parks that were created across Adelaide when the Adelaide Show was not running seemed to prove people do want rides.

Verbatim9
Gold-Member ;)

#33 Post by Verbatim9 » Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:27 pm

They are creating a real narrative surrounding Disneyland in South Australia, as other news outlets seem to be picking up the story. --->https://insidethemagic.net/2022/09/seve ... ralia-th1/

Llessur2002

#34 Post by Llessur2002 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:10 pm

Not that I wouldn't love to take my kids to a Disneyland that was only half an hour away but it just looks like a random outlet has picked up the same non-story that was the brain fart of one guy with no connection to Disney at all. Even the article ends by saying Disney have no known plans for any more parks, let alone in SA.

Nort

#35 Post by Nort » Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:10 pm

Llessur2002 wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:10 pm
Not that I wouldn't love to take my kids to a Disneyland that was only half an hour away but it just looks like a random outlet has picked up the same non-story that was the brain fart of one guy with no connection to Disney at all. Even the article ends by saying Disney have no known plans for any more parks, let alone in SA.
Yep. In this case in came back into the news because a guy who owns a bunch of land talked about how he would selflessly sell some of it. :lol:
bits wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:37 am
We should have replacements for Luna Park, Dazzleland, Lakeside Leisure Park, Green Hills Adventure Park and Puzzle Park. Or at least A replacement.
I believe even Magic Mountain was substantially better than the misspelt Beachouse.

But it will not be Disneyland.

The temporary ride parks that were created across Adelaide when the Adelaide Show was not running seemed to prove people do want rides.
I think some kind of permanent amusement park down around West Beach could do really well.