[APP] 108 Franklin Street | ~100m | 29 Levels | Hotel and Apartments

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Nort
Super Size Scraper Poster!

[APP] Re: 108 Franklin Street | 68m | 2 x 19 Levels | Hotel and Apartments

#46 Post by Nort » Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:28 pm

rev wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:09 pm
NTRabbit wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:48 pm
rev wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:11 pm

The majority do not want to live in a tiny apartment.
I think, more correctly, the majority can't afford to buy anything within the CBD
Doubt it.
It's cheaper to buy an apartment. But the majority still choose to buy a detached dwelling.
The majority of active members of this forum might prefer to live in a shoebox apartment because it suits their life style choices, but the majority of society has different wants it appears.
It's sad that you are continually so threatened by people having the ability to make choices in lifestyle that don't match up with how you want to live yours.

The success of developments such as Bowden shows there is a lot of appetite for that sort of living. There's also plenty of people who would very rarely come near the city happy to live an hour+ out of it in exchange for a massive block.

Ensuring that each are well planned for is the correct thing to do, not being a curmudgeon yelling no at everything you personally wouldn't like.

rhino

#47 Post by rhino » Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:44 pm

dbl96 wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 12:26 pm
I think they would sell a lot more apartments if they targeted the bottom end of the market, because those are the people who would be happy just to get a roof over their heads
= Flats
cheers,
Rhino

dbl96
High Rise Poster!

#48 Post by dbl96 » Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:41 pm

rhino wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:44 pm
dbl96 wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 12:26 pm
I think they would sell a lot more apartments if they targeted the bottom end of the market, because those are the people who would be happy just to get a roof over their heads
= Flats
Yes, there haven't been hardly any of them built since the 1960s.

Does anyone know why this is the case? Were there changes to zoning? It seems like during the 60s, 1-3 storey brick flat buildings were springing up everywhere, even in places like Rose Park and Dulwich. Then it all stopped.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#49 Post by rev » Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:35 pm

Nort wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:28 pm
rev wrote:
NTRabbit wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:48 pm

I think, more correctly, the majority can't afford to buy anything within the CBD
Doubt it.
It's cheaper to buy an apartment. But the majority still choose to buy a detached dwelling.
The majority of active members of this forum might prefer to live in a shoebox apartment because it suits their life style choices, but the majority of society has different wants it appears.
It's sad that you are continually so threatened by people having the ability to make choices in lifestyle that don't match up with how you want to live yours.

The success of developments such as Bowden shows there is a lot of appetite for that sort of living. There's also plenty of people who would very rarely come near the city happy to live an hour+ out of it in exchange for a massive block.

Ensuring that each are well planned for is the correct thing to do, not being a curmudgeon yelling no at everything you personally wouldn't like.
What's sad is that I'm still living rent free in your head. What a muppet trying to start an argument for the sake of it. :lol:

Algernon

#50 Post by Algernon » Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:54 pm

rev wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:35 pm
Nort wrote:
rev wrote:

Doubt it.

What's sad is that I'm still living rent free in your head. What a muppet trying to start an argument for the sake of it. :lol:
Have you ever submitted a construction photo to this forum?

Nope.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#51 Post by rev » Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:15 pm

Algernon wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:54 pm
rev wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:35 pm
Nort wrote:

Have you ever submitted a construction photo to this forum?

Nope.
Another troll who has me in his head rent free.
Other then your personal abuse directed at me, bordering on stalking almost every time I post, and your general "no shit sherlock' comments like you made in the kennards discussion, what's your contribution to this forum?

I generally don't sit there comparing contributions of others on a discussion forum, some people bring opinions and views, ideas, others photo updates and so on.

It's one thing when someone does or says the wrong thing aimed at others, many of us here are guilty of that, it's another thing entirely for pathetic online trolls and stalkers like you and Nort to continually harass someone every time they post for no reason.

I may have been the prick who brought it upon him self in the past on here, but I'm not going out of my way to talk to trolls like you or nort.
But you both keep harassing me.
I've blocked both of you trolls, as suggested by staff, yet the harassment continues.

I suggest that you two online trolls take a step back and reflect on how your continued harassment and trolling may affect others.
Maybe take the time to grow up and mature like others have on here.

Or just keep being the muppets you're known to be.

SBD

#52 Post by SBD » Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:20 am

Sorry - I'm catching up from over a week ago...

1) What's the difference between an apartment and a flat?

2) I live in an outer suburb. I've been to the CBD twice so far this year, and expect to visit three times in the next month or so. Reasons to visit are theatre, in-person meetings and medical. Reasons to live in outer suburbs: Convenient to work, detached house on large block where I can see the wildlife and the country.

I have friends who lived in a detached suburban house until they retired, then moved to a CBD apartment and love the fact that they can walk to restaurants and shows without a long drive home at the end of the night, now that they have the time to do those things.

Mpol02
High Rise Poster!

#53 Post by Mpol02 » Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:10 pm

I have family who have done that too and their quality of life interns of work life balance and having so much at their door step, has improved significantly. I understand it isn’t for everyone but that vibrant city living is just wonderful.

Each to their own though. We just need our suburbs to have better infrastructure especially with public transport, high streets and change the perception getting a train or bus isn’t a bad thing. If people are happy to do it for the AFL, why can’t they do the is other times?

SBD

#54 Post by SBD » Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:23 pm

Mpol02 wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:10 pm
I have family who have done that too and their quality of life interns of work life balance and having so much at their door step, has improved significantly. I understand it isn’t for everyone but that vibrant city living is just wonderful.

Each to their own though. We just need our suburbs to have better infrastructure especially with public transport, high streets and change the perception getting a train or bus isn’t a bad thing. If people are happy to do it for the AFL, why can’t they do the is other times?
Are there any areas of Adelaide suburbs that a bus or train is a time-effective way of getting to a local shop or employer and back again? The network is set up to funnel people to and from the CBD. There are a few dedicated school bus routes, but otherwise it's more good luck if someone happens to live and work on the same route.

Maybe I'm showing my outer-suburb bias, but it can be worth sitting on a bus for 40 minutes for a 4-hour sporting event that would take an hour to drive to. It's not worth 60 minutes on two buses/trains and a mistimed interchange to go somewhere I can drive in 20 minutes.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#55 Post by Ben » Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:50 am

New app.
108-112A FRANKLIN ST ADELAIDE SA 5000
UNDER ASSESSMENT
Description
Construction of a twenty-nine-level mixed-use building comprising residential apartments, tourist accommodation, shops, and offices
Application ID

wilkiebarkid
Donating Member
Donating Member

[APP] Re: 108 Franklin Street | ~100m | 29 Levels | Hotel and Apartments

#56 Post by wilkiebarkid » Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:33 am

AUTA GROUP

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#57 Post by SRW » Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:48 pm

wilkiebarkid wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:33 am

AUTA GROUP
Do we know that it still looks like this? If it's finally been lodged, it's surely been through a few Design Review Panels.
Keep Adelaide Weird

gnrc_louis
Legendary Member!

#58 Post by gnrc_louis » Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:52 pm

abc
Legendary Member!

#59 Post by abc » Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:26 pm

There seems to be a lot of pubs closing for these kinds of developments that never get off the ground

eg Wright Street Hotel, Kings Head Hotel, Newmarket Hotel

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#60 Post by SRW » Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:49 pm

gnrc_louis wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:52 pm
Indaily piece on this: https://www.indaily.com.au/news/local/2 ... street-pub
New design:
AUTAFRANKLIN.jpg
AUTA did get Victoria Tower to construction relatively quickly, so perhaps there's more of a chance of this.
Keep Adelaide Weird