Liv Golf Tournament

All event related discussion should go here.. e.g. Clipsal 500, Womadelaide, SALA, etc.
claybro
Super Size Scraper Poster!

Liv Golf Tournament

#1 Post by claybro » Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:22 pm

It seems as with the gather round, I have to start this thread from WA. Are you guys awake over there? Do you have any idea how many people are talking about Adelaide as a result of firstly Gather Round, and now Liv? The reporting from the event on the weekend was almost gushing, and never before have I seen Adelaide so prominent in interstate media. Probably not since Grand Prix days. Massive crowds, and not just the blue rinse set shuffling around after the golfers, this was seemingly an upbeat vibrant event. Well done Adelaide, and well done Premier for again securing a great event for SA.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

Re: Liv Golf Tournament

#2 Post by rev » Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:31 pm

This is the sort of positivity I've mentioned before that Adelaide and SA need to be put on the national and international stage.

How long have we got LIV tied up here for? Should extend it for another 5 years, with the view of locking it in again for another 5 after that and so on. Lock it away for SA.
It's a major international sporting event.

Jaymz
Legendary Member!

#3 Post by Jaymz » Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:24 pm

We appreciate all the hullabaloo, but lets be serious. S.A and Adelaide has been putting on fantastic events for decades now (V8's, Fringe, Tasting Australia, TDU, WOMADelaide) and been going about it with a minimum of fuss. We already know how good they are, now the rest of Australia is finally catching on.

[Shuz]

#4 Post by [Shuz] » Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:18 am

rev wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:31 pm
This is the sort of positivity I've mentioned before that Adelaide and SA need to be put on the national and international stage.

How long have we got LIV tied up here for? Should extend it for another 5 years, with the view of locking it in again for another 5 after that and so on. Lock it away for SA.
It's a major international sporting event.
We've got it for another four years until 2027.
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#5 Post by SRW » Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:36 am

Jaymz wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:24 pm
We appreciate all the hullabaloo, but lets be serious. S.A and Adelaide has been putting on fantastic events for decades now (V8's, Fringe, Tasting Australia, TDU, WOMADelaide) and been going about it with a minimum of fuss. We already know how good they are, now the rest of Australia is finally catching on.
Yes, we have a full suite of great events that are underexploited from a tourism perspective. The difference with Gather and Liv is marketing budget (and the fact it's sport). I hope the payoff from these events encourages a push on the others.
Keep Adelaide Weird

Jaymz
Legendary Member!

#6 Post by Jaymz » Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:00 pm

If anyone hasn't yet seen the hole in one on the 12th on Sunday then check it out, it was pure pandemonium!! The players enjoyed it just as much as the fans. Brilliant stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS_TI1wJt90

neoballmon
Legendary Member!

#7 Post by neoballmon » Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:43 pm

I dont feel this was too heavily promoted to be honest. I don't really care for AFL or golf, but I heard so much about gather round in the lead up, and literally didn't hear about this until Mali had posted something on Facebook FROM the event.

I'm all for both events becoming a regular in our calendar, as it's great for our economy, but just feels like they were much quieter about this one in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk

Looking forward to a free-flowing Adelaide!

rev

#8 Post by rev » Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:34 pm

And right on queue, the advertiser has an article, third on their sites front page, about how the cans and plastic cups being thrown hurt a worker.

I don't think there can be any positive, uplifting event held in Adelaide without those shit cunts scratching at any negative they can find to blow up.

SBD

#9 Post by SBD » Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:38 pm

ABC Spin Cycle this morning mentioned how "blokey" the current government is. The ALP spouts about how there are more women in Cabinet than ever before, but the big announcements all come from men, and the big feature evens are Supercars (all male drivers), Gather Round (only the Men's AFL, not AFLW) and LIV Golf (only have a men's tournament). They said the Marshall Liberal Government was actually far less "blokey" than the Malinauskas/Koutsantonis government.

dsriggs
Legendary Member!

#10 Post by dsriggs » Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:15 am

In a surprising development, LIV Golf is set to merge with the PGA Tour, so I don't like the chances of a return tournament.

rev

#11 Post by rev » Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:11 am

dsriggs wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:15 am
In a surprising development, LIV Golf is set to merge with the PGA Tour, so I don't like the chances of a return tournament.
From my understanding it's just a merger of head office operations basically, into a new entity, that shouldn't affect tournaments.