The SA Politics Thread

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
abc
Legendary Member!

Re: The SA Politics Thread

#1246 Post by abc » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:30 pm

rubberman wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:03 am
SBD wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:38 pm
abc wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:20 pm

I don't care. You make it sound like you're hunting these people who don't conform to your 'progressive' agenda. It's a little creepy tbh. No one in parliament anywhere in Australia is far right.
Its not a metric I care about.
WOW!

I don't very often get accused of having a "progressive agenda". I guess if I'm less-right than you, then I'm left.

"Its not a metric I care about." - I've repeatedly said I don't think a nuanced position should be boiled down to one line, and you keep coming back to it. Why?
abc doesn't care about the metric...unless someone else uses it.
Yes, its not something I consider when I vote. But when its used as a slur it has ramifications to the discourse.
Your kind do it deliberately to marginalise people who you disagree with. Its a dangerous form of social engineering.

rubberman
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#1247 Post by rubberman » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:33 pm

abc wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:30 pm
rubberman wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:03 am
SBD wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:38 pm

WOW!

I don't very often get accused of having a "progressive agenda". I guess if I'm less-right than you, then I'm left.

"Its not a metric I care about." - I've repeatedly said I don't think a nuanced position should be boiled down to one line, and you keep coming back to it. Why?
abc doesn't care about the metric...unless someone else uses it.
Yes, its not something I consider when I vote. But when its used as a slur it has ramifications to the discourse.
Your kind do it deliberately to marginalise people who you disagree with. Its a dangerous form of social engineering.
It wasn't used a a slur. I have repeatedly stated why it was legitimate. You simply don't wish to understand, nor, for some reason wish to admit that some voters may think differently from you. Your accusation is baseless. I reject it outright.

You are, of course, entitled to your stated opinion that nobody in Federal or State Parliament is extreme right wing. However, others are entitled to their opinion just as much as you.

1NEEDS2POST
High Rise Poster!

#1248 Post by 1NEEDS2POST » Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:03 pm

[Shuz] wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:48 pm
The result of a traditional inner city Liberal seat being lost to Labor, most on the back of a significant increase (9.5%) in the Greens vote all but guarantees that Labor will be in Government for, well, ever basically. One Party State.
Also Labor has moved right to fill some of the gap left by the Liberal's rightward shift.

SBD

#1249 Post by SBD » Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:46 pm

1NEEDS2POST wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:03 pm
[Shuz] wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:48 pm
The result of a traditional inner city Liberal seat being lost to Labor, most on the back of a significant increase (9.5%) in the Greens vote all but guarantees that Labor will be in Government for, well, ever basically. One Party State.
Also Labor has moved right to fill some of the gap left by the Liberal's rightward shift.
I agree with this. To me, the Liberal party missed big time when Labor had a privacy slip and released Dr Finizio's job application. The party could have promoted that her clear objective is to make a positive contribution to our state and that as a young professional, she was prepared to work with the system as it stood. She has most of the attributes of an Eastern states "teal" candidate - young, female, professional. As the Liberal Party in SA lurches right, it risks losing people like her who are likely on the left/Moderate side of the party.

Cressida O'Hanlon won in 2024 with fewer votes (both first preference and two-party-prefered0 than she had when she lost in 2022. It happens to be ALP today, but still very marginal.

rubberman

#1250 Post by rubberman » Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:38 pm

Does anyone know what the hold up is in the Dunstan by-election count?

SBD

#1251 Post by SBD » Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:00 pm

rubberman wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:38 pm
Does anyone know what the hold up is in the Dunstan by-election count?
Because of Easter, postal votes were still allowed until today. According to Antony Green, 81 more votes were included. Cressida O'Hanlon won by 354 votes.
https://twitter.com/AntonyGreenElec/sta ... 4425491492 I interpret the final distribution of preferences may not have been done yet.