Love Story 2050 screening

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

Love Story 2050 screening

#1 Post by Norman » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:17 pm

Hey guys, at Sam outlined before, we will be meeting up on Sunday (13 July) for a screening of Love Story 2050 at Adelaide City (Hindley Street). I'm leaving it up to you guys to pick a session, but the afternoon session (1:30pm) would be the most suitable I'm guessing.

Hope to see a few of you guys and gals there :)

There is probably time afterward to check out some of the developments around the city, or go for a cruise on the tram.

sam
Donating Member
Donating Member

Re: Love Story 2050 screening

#2 Post by sam » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:34 pm

Haha - after all that Norman they've changed session times!!!

I motion for the 1600 Session on Sunday.

Last edited by sam on Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Joely
High Rise Poster!

#3 Post by Joely » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:16 am

I've seen the film already. It's very long and drawn out and the acting is bad (what do you expect, it's Bollywood), but it's a terrific first effort from India for a movie of this genre and Adelaide looks beautiful in it. They actually managed to make the the Festival Centre Plaza with the Hajek sculptures look atractive. The Hon. Mike Rann's cameo appearance had me laughing....oh and Priyanka is absolutely stunning! Hope you guys enjoy it! :mrgreen:

sam
Donating Member
Donating Member

#4 Post by sam » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:51 pm

Is it just going to be Norman and I?

Shuz
Banned
Banned

#5 Post by Shuz » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:27 pm

Yeah, you two are off on your own love story :P

sam
Donating Member
Donating Member

#6 Post by sam » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:27 am

Shuz wrote:Yeah, you two are off on your own love story :P
Well Norman and I are both definitely going to be there tomorrow Sunday 13th @ 4pm, contrary to what Shuz says we do want more people there!

(edit: screening start time is 4pm - I'll be there a bit before, by 3.45pm)

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

#7 Post by Wayno » Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:29 pm

i'm expecting a boot leg copy to be posted here by the middle of next week :-) so please eat your popcorn quietly!
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Joely
High Rise Poster!

#8 Post by Joely » Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:32 pm

Wayno wrote:i'm expecting a boot leg copy to be posted here by the middle of next week :-) so please eat your popcorn quietly!
The entire film is already posted on youtube :P But I suggest seeing it at the cinema or waiting for the DVD because the quality is crap.

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#9 Post by Norman » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:31 pm

Anyone else willing to go? I'd prefer to have more people to make it worthwhile.

sam
Donating Member
Donating Member

#10 Post by sam » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:18 pm

I won't be online again till after the movie now, I'm wearing white jeans and a blue and black striped Longhorn Rugby top if anyone else does decide to rock up!

sam
Donating Member
Donating Member

#11 Post by sam » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:28 pm

Well it was just Norman and myself that caught the movie in the end...

Opening scene was an office boardroom (which was actually the Adelaide Convention Centre, overlooking the Torrens) - The first half of the movie was different places around South Australia. There were many parts that had Norm and I close to hysterics, such as when Karan was chasing Sana's bus, and the bus started off outside the Hyatt, went up North Terrace, down Grenfell St, up North Terrace again and then back down North Terrace under the Morphett St Bridge... Another scene had the two lead characters dancing with an odd looking Mike Rann, Jack Snelling and another Lady whom disappeared before I could figure out who she was. I had actually underestimated the amount of South Australia you would actually see in this movie. In the movie you also saw parts of the Adelaide Hills, Kangaroo Island, the Beach House at Glenelg and a lot of the Adelaide CBD.

The second half of the movie was set in Mumbai 2050, with Karan's quest to find Sana, whom had reincarnated as a rock star called Zeisha This was a bit slow at times and had frequent jumps into song (although I don't mind the odd musical!). The were some pretty hilarious fight scenes in there for good measure too.

Despite the myriads of negative reviews overall I am glad I spent I spent 3 hours of my life watching this movie. It was great to see a movie with so much exposure of South Australia. I'd disagree with the classification on imdb "Drama | Musical | Romance" and instead write it up as being an unintentional comedy.

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#12 Post by Norman » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:52 pm

Yeah, if I had 1 word to describe this movie, it would be... wierd. It was so different to what I've seen before, but I have to say that I recommend it. SA and Adelaide looked better than ever before in this movie, and I think this will be a tourist drawcard for international visitors. It was cheesy, but not too cheesy.

I wasn't a fan of the subtitles though, there were spelling mistakes and timing errors all over the place, but that wasn't a big issue. I still thoroughly enjoyed it.

I rated it 8/10

Shuz
Banned
Banned

#13 Post by Shuz » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:53 pm

Forumers, please welcome our two new lovebirds in the midst of their very own love story - Sam & Norman.

Cruise
Banned
Banned

#14 Post by Cruise » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:59 pm

Norman wrote:Yeah, if I had 1 word to describe this movie, it would be... wierd. It was so different to what I've seen before, but I have to say that I recommend it.
It can't be as wierd as Bad Boy Bubby though.

Now that is wierd....

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

#15 Post by Wayno » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:00 pm

Shuz wrote:Forumers, please welcome our two new lovebirds in the midst of their very own love story - Sam & Norman.
<insert vomiting smilie here>
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.