A logic Numbering system for Adelaide's Buses

Ideas and concepts of what Adelaide can be.
Düsseldorfer
High Rise Poster!

Re: A logic Numbering system fro Adelaide's Buses

#16 Post by Düsseldorfer » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:45 pm

Pat28 wrote:
Düsseldorfer wrote: IMO the bus system needs some serious fixing after the trains have been upgraded, AdMet could learn a lot from bus operators in countries like Germany, France and Switzerland,
Well if the can doe it in a small provincial city in the middle of Schleswig-Holstein (ie Neumeunster) which only has 80,000 people, 10 bus routes and LED signage on the main stops around Hauptbahnhof.
Düsseldorfer wrote:maybe bus operators could also go one step further and have electronic displays on most buses, either LED or LCD screens to show information like the route number, destination, next stop, date and time, next three stops.....no wait that might actually be too useful for commuters :roll:
Maybe, ones like those little one they have at the Tram stops in Melbourne.
what makes me laugh is that if Adelaide Metro did fit a bus with LCD screens showing all that information plus the next stop announcements...if they did they would probably send out flyers and posters advertising their new "super bus" or "bus of the future"...IMO there's nothing super about it, it's how our buses should have always been, also nothing futuristic about it either, technology like this has been in use on German buses since the early 90's :roll:

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#17 Post by Norman » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:05 pm

Düsseldorfer wrote:
Pat28 wrote:
Düsseldorfer wrote: IMO the bus system needs some serious fixing after the trains have been upgraded, AdMet could learn a lot from bus operators in countries like Germany, France and Switzerland,
Well if the can doe it in a small provincial city in the middle of Schleswig-Holstein (ie Neumeunster) which only has 80,000 people, 10 bus routes and LED signage on the main stops around Hauptbahnhof.
Düsseldorfer wrote:maybe bus operators could also go one step further and have electronic displays on most buses, either LED or LCD screens to show information like the route number, destination, next stop, date and time, next three stops.....no wait that might actually be too useful for commuters :roll:
Maybe, ones like those little one they have at the Tram stops in Melbourne.
what makes me laugh is that if Adelaide Metro did fit a bus with LCD screens showing all that information plus the next stop announcements...if they did they would probably send out flyers and posters advertising their new "super bus" or "bus of the future"...IMO there's nothing super about it, it's how our buses should have always been, also nothing futuristic about it either, technology like this has been in use on German buses since the early 90's :roll:
Hmm, we only got them in about '99 back at home.

Düsseldorfer
High Rise Poster!

#18 Post by Düsseldorfer » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:51 pm

Norman wrote:Hmm, we only got them in about '99 back at home.
I remember them in Bonn when i visited Germany in 1995, not too sure about other cities tho...

Pat28
High Rise Poster!

#19 Post by Pat28 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:11 pm

Düsseldorfer wrote:
Norman wrote:Hmm, we only got them in about '99 back at home.
I remember them in Bonn when i visited Germany in 1995, not too sure about other cities tho...
Cities in germany, that has LED sigsn inside their buses, (from personal experience in 2006): Neumuenster (SH), Hamburg (definately), Berlin (naturally), surprisingly Celle in Lower Saxony, Bremen, Bremerhafen, Bonn, Koeln, Luedenschied (North Rhine-Westphalia).......... list goes on.
Besser Verkehr in den Bergen