News & Discussion: Adelaide Airport & Airlines

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
bm7500
Donating Member
Donating Member

Re: Adelaide Airport & Airline News

#136 Post by bm7500 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:41 pm

joshzxzx wrote:
bm7500 wrote:I have just had it confirmed that the old domestic terminal building will be demolished by March. Only the Northern wing which contains Alpha catering will remain.

Word is that the area is being turned into a carpark....
Car park? this could be to make way for the hotel in from of the new airport..

Only time will tell i guess
I think you are right on the money there! T1 will lose a significant number of carparks whilst the Hotel is under construction & im guessing that the 'new' carparking area may become available to short term car parking at a reduced rate? This is of course until the multi level car park is in place.... but that is still more than a few years away yet.
ADELAIDE SINGAPORE LONDON BERLIN AMSTERDAM PARIS TOKYO AUCKLAND DOHA DUBLIN HONG KONG BANGKOK REYKJAVIK ROME MADRID BUDAPEST COPENHAGEN ZURICH BRUSSELS VIENNA PRAGUE STOCKHOLM LUXEMBOURG BRATISLAVA NASSAU DUBAI BAHRAIN KUALA LUMPUR HELSINKI GENEVA

rogue
Donating Member
Donating Member

#137 Post by rogue » Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:50 pm

From today's Advertiser.
Garuda flights to resume

Stuart Innes

Travellers can look forward to even lower-priced overseas holiday packages later this year due to airline competition on the Adelaide-Bali route.

The Advertiser learnt yesterday that Garuda Indonesia has Adelaide-Denpasar on its list of routes to be started or resumed this year.

It will lift to seven the number of international airlines through Adelaide Airport.

Pacific Blue, the international wing of Virgin Blue, brought low fares to the route when it started flying twice a week between Adelaide and Bali last month.

A Garuda Indonesia spokeswoman said flights from Adelaide were likely to start in late October and have a frequency of up to three times a week.

Professor
High Rise Poster!

#138 Post by Professor » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:42 pm

Great news that Garuda will come back to Adelaide - they are a pretty good airline and good on the Indonesia route.

And of course, it is common knowledge that the name Garuda derives from "Go And Relax Until Delays Announced".

joshzxzx
Donating Member
Donating Member

#139 Post by joshzxzx » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:04 pm

Yeah, Its good to see that we are getting another International Airline back in Adelaide, but I have had experience with Garuda in the past and they were absolute shit. I would never fly with them again...

But thats life i guess

Does anyone have any news on the proposed Hotel???
South Australia the Festival State

rogue
Donating Member
Donating Member

#140 Post by rogue » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:44 pm

I've never flown Garuda, but given the chance, would avoid it like the plague.

But I'm looking forward to enjoying Singapore Airlines' new A330 on the ADL - SIN route later this year. It will also give me another chance to enjoy the A380 from SIN - LHR.
Last edited by rogue on Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bm7500
Donating Member
Donating Member

#141 Post by bm7500 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:08 pm

It has just been confirmed by Australian Aviation that Garuda will re-start its Adelaide to Denpasar service from February 24th.

The schedule will only be once a week at this stage and they will be using their newly delivered Boeing 737-800 aircraft.
ADELAIDE SINGAPORE LONDON BERLIN AMSTERDAM PARIS TOKYO AUCKLAND DOHA DUBLIN HONG KONG BANGKOK REYKJAVIK ROME MADRID BUDAPEST COPENHAGEN ZURICH BRUSSELS VIENNA PRAGUE STOCKHOLM LUXEMBOURG BRATISLAVA NASSAU DUBAI BAHRAIN KUALA LUMPUR HELSINKI GENEVA

bm7500
Donating Member
Donating Member

#142 Post by bm7500 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:10 pm

For those of you interested in a bit of 'Plane Spotting' Virgin Blue's new International Airline V Australia are sending their brand new Boeing 777-300ER (Delivered just last week) through Adelaide on several occasions over the next few weeks.

Here are the details;

Starting on Saturday the 14th Feb

Arrive 11am, stay about 30 mins, then back again between 1pm and 2pm.

Starting on Wednesday the 18th Feb and daily for 6 days.

Arrives at about 7am and then a second visit later in the day. Either does a touch and go or stop and taxy back to runway, then take off ,then goes back to Syd or Mel.

rogue
Donating Member
Donating Member

#143 Post by rogue » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:00 pm

Demolition of the old terminal is well and truly underway.

Port Adelaide Fan
High Rise Poster!

#144 Post by Port Adelaide Fan » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:40 pm

Tiger Airways opens new base in Adelaide

THE launch of Tiger Airways' second Australian base in Adelaide will bring more visitors to South Australia from interstate and create jobs, says the State Government.

Unveiling its new Adelaide hub today, Tiger Airways says it will now add low-cost flights to Perth, the Gold Coast and Hobart to its services.

Previously, the budget airline flew to Adelaide from its first Australian base in Melbourne.

It will now increase the number of flights between Victoria and South Australia, and later this month will begin flights from Adelaide to Alice Springs and Canberra.

SA Tourism Minister Jane Lomax-Smith said she believed the extra flights could bring an extra ten million passengers to Adelaide during the next eight years.

"The extra passengers that Tigers' new flights will bring into Adelaide will mean extra visitor expenditure, and that will translate into benefits for the South Australian economy," she said in a statement on Sunday.

"Other international markets have shown that for every one million airline passengers, a local area can sustain around 1,000 additional jobs."

Tiger Airways says it has already hired 60 SA-based pilots and cabin crew to ensure a quick start to the new operations.

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/stor ... 82,00.html

Pistol
Legendary Member!

#145 Post by Pistol » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:58 pm

I am glad that they have plans to fly to Canberra - I have to move there in July.
Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken

aceman
High Rise Poster!

#146 Post by aceman » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:39 pm

Pistol wrote:I am glad that they have plans to fly to Canberra - I have to move there in July.
I have been in Canberra for the last 12 months or so :cry: but I'm moving back to Adelaide at the end of the year :D :D :D

Surprisingly they showed this story on TEN Sydney news (which is what they show on Southern Cross 10 over here)

rogue
Donating Member
Donating Member

#147 Post by rogue » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:49 pm

Down comes the old terminal!

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

#148 Post by Howie » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:54 pm

Great pictures!

Jamo
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#149 Post by Jamo » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:34 pm

Is anyone able to inform me what Adelaide Airport Ltd intends doing with the soon to be vacant site of the old terminal?
I remember hearing something about a possible bus terminal or some such thing but haven't heard any thing of late.

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#150 Post by Norman » Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:12 pm

Thanks for the pics. I too want to know what is going in its place.