News & Discussion: General CBD Development

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: New Tallest? This is not a joke!

#751 Post by monotonehell » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:46 pm

AdelaideAlive wrote:How can we get these great new buildings up when the stupid council wont even approve 19 storey buildings for the cbd, what ajoke we have, a city where there is height restrictions, where are we supposed to build tall buildings flinders ranges :wallbash: The sooner we take all height restrictions off in cbd the better adelaide will become rather than a hick town every other mainland city jokes about!!!!!!
Think, before you drink, before you post, before you use so many exclamations marks. Everyone knows that the only person allowed to use exclamation marks on S-A is ScooterGuy. Other than the occasional desperate jibe by a Victorian politician and some teen-aged trolls on SkyscraperCity, most people interstate don't make jokes about Adelaide based on building heights.
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

AdelaideAlive
High Rise Poster!

#752 Post by AdelaideAlive » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:53 pm

:applause: Woops forgive me, i forgot to ask permission before i breathe.

AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member

#753 Post by AtD » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:02 pm

jk1237 wrote:in the render there is a beige colour something. What sits there now is a grand old 6-7 level building. I will find a photo

the one on the right if it works, s-a always cuts off a lot of the right side of the photo
Ah right. It's odd that they've replaced it with... nothing. Maybe it's an oversight in the render?

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#754 Post by monotonehell » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:22 pm

AdelaideAlive wrote::applause: Woops forgive me, i forgot to ask permission before i breathe.
Sorry mate, I had you confused with a regular who all he ever does is whine.

The point is, the only people who think Adelaide is a joke are some people who live here. Adelaide as a stagnant city is the past. We had a major recession over the '90s, we've moved past that. Yes the council's panel have knocked back a few developments, but with anything that matters it's out of their hands. And if things go the right way in the next election, we wont have those recalcitrants on board anymore.

Just look how much Adelaide has changed in the past five years. Now we just need to change people's attitudes to match reality.
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

AdelaideAlive
High Rise Poster!

#755 Post by AdelaideAlive » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:32 pm

thats cool mate, im new on here,im not as in the know with all the details as you guys on here, but belive me im just as passsionate as anyone else on here to see adelaide really take off i hate all the council crap etc and negativity from lot of adelaide people thats what annoys me.i want adelaide to become a great city with heaps of tourist attractions and great buildings.

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#756 Post by SRW » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:37 pm

Good spot for it if it ends up being a real proposal -- you could hardly use the pyramid skyline scheme as an argument against it, as surely you'd want tallest point smack bang in the middle of town!
AdelaideAlive wrote:thats cool mate, im new on here,im not as in the know with all the details as you guys on here, but belive me im just as passsionate as anyone else on here to see adelaide really take off i hate all the council crap etc and negativity from lot of adelaide people thats what annoys me.i want adelaide to become a great city with heaps of tourist attractions and great buildings.
I guess the point that's been made a lot on this forum is that: if you hate the negativity about Adelaide, don't feed into it.
Keep Adelaide Weird

Omicron
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#757 Post by Omicron » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:07 pm

Will wrote:Urban Construct has recently updated their website an having a look I found this image:

Oh, I'd hit it. Many times over. Twin towers joined by glass atria? A shiny, round tower? Even more much-needed modernity for Franklin St? Do want.

The obvious question arises, therefore - who could it be for? You don't just design a building on a random site for the hell of it, and I don't think Urban Construct is about to get into the business of building large, speculative towers. Ears to the ground, people!

Pants
VIP Member
VIP Member

#758 Post by Pants » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:38 pm

AdelaideAlive wrote:thats cool mate, im new on here,im not as in the know with all the details as you guys on here, but belive me im just as passsionate as anyone else on here to see adelaide really take off i hate all the council crap etc and negativity from lot of adelaide people thats what annoys me.i want adelaide to become a great city with heaps of tourist attractions and great buildings.

:cheers:

yousername
High Rise Poster!

#759 Post by yousername » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:27 am

Wow!

Reminds me of Vienna's Twin Towers (138m)
Will wrote:Victorians can get f#$%^&*!

skyliner
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#760 Post by skyliner » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:56 am

A good find Will. That tower is sure impressive. I work out it's between Grote and Franklin as well.

Interesting that most of the area around it is 1 - 3 floors currently. Franklin St looks to be transformed in the future. Hope all of this is matched with interactive street level tenancies AND that ity does happen. The tower is in an area closer to the airport, yet the buildings seem to be getting higher or maintaining inner CBD heights. (see also Altitude and accompanying tower proposals from Urban Construct).

ADELAIDE - TOWARDS GREATER CBD DEVELOPMENT
Jack.

joshzxzx
Donating Member
Donating Member

#761 Post by joshzxzx » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:19 am

Sorry to put a negative spin on this, but I will believe it when I see it...

We have seen the farce with Adelaide oval...

With this being said I would love to see something like this in our skyline..
South Australia the Festival State

omada
Donating Member
Donating Member

#762 Post by omada » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:25 am

lets not get too carried away, they are just some renders posted up on a site, - no finance, no tenants, no approval.

joshzxzx
Donating Member
Donating Member

#763 Post by joshzxzx » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:26 am

omada wrote:lets not get too carried away, they are just some renders posted up on a site, - no finance, no tenants, no approval.
Agreed..
South Australia the Festival State

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#764 Post by crawf » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:48 pm

joshzxzx wrote:Sorry to put a negative spin on this, but I will believe it when I see it...

We have seen the farce with Adelaide oval...

With this being said I would love to see something like this in our skyline..
Adelaide Oval is a State Government project, so it's in a completely different ball game compared to high-rise developments.
omada wrote:lets not get too carried away, they are just some renders posted up on a site, - no finance, no tenants, no approval.
Still very promising though, Urban Construct are a well-known local developer so I doubt they would just chuck a few proposal on their site for the hell of it. Though we will most-likely have to wait a couple of years before this is built or even publicly released.... but you never know

spiller
High Rise Poster!

#765 Post by spiller » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:42 pm

This would sit almost directly behind/slightly to west of Westpac house when viewing the city from the north?