[COM] Adelaide Oval Redevelopment

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM] Re: Adelaide Oval Redevelopment

#4186 Post by Wayno » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:35 am

Henwii wrote:So is the members stand open for SACA members too? Cause other than the middle tier of the East, it seems the whole stadium is open.

If allocation is exhausted then it could be a bloody big crowd.
yep members stand is open for saca members.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

PeFe
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#4187 Post by PeFe » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:00 pm

From the Advertiser
Liverpool vs. Adelaide United at Adelaide Oval confirmed by State Government

LIVERPOOL will now play Adelaide United at Adelaide Oval on Monday, July 20, a day after Port Adelaide and the Crows face-off in Showdown 39.

The match was officially announced by the SA State Government today after the date was changed from July14.

Acting Tourism Minister Tom Koutsantonis — a Liverpool fan since childhood. — grinned like a Cheshire cat at the announcement this morning.

“The greatest team in the world is coming to Adelaide,’’ he said. “The eyes of the world will be on this oval (Adelaide) the newest and the best stadium in Australia.

“And make no mistake football clubs like Liverpool don’t come to second rate stadiums they go to first class stadiums and with them come their supporters.”

Liverpool chief executive Ian Ayre also confirmed his team’s trip Down Under.

“Pre-season is an important time for the team as they prepare for the upcoming season and the matches against Brisbane Roar and Adelaide United are an exciting part of that preparation,” he said.

“Giving our supporters a chance to see the team up close, no matter how far away from Anfield they live.

“We visited Australia for the first time two years ago and the support we received from our Australian fans was incredible.

Liverpool FC has over 600,000 supporters in Australia and we look forward to meeting as many of them as possible while we are in the country. “

Liverpool’s squad is also expected to be invited by its former fitness guru Darren Burgess — now with Port Adelaide — to the Showdown.

The Adelaide Oval blockbuster, originally slated for July 14, was changed to accommodate the Liverpool v Brisbane Roar at Suncorp Stadium on Friday, July 17.

Liverpool is tipped to hold an open training session with Coopers Stadium destined to first host some of the world’s greatest soccer players.

Adelaide Entertainment Corporation chief executive Anthony Kirchner said Coopers Stadium would be an ideal location for Liverpool training sessions.

“We haven’t had any recent discussions (about hosting Liverpool) for training,’’ Kirchner said.

“Nothing has been confirmed yet.”

Reds superstar Balotelli has a laugh. Source: Getty Images

Liverpool will meet Adelaide in its home strip with a new kit sponsor — New Balance — while SA’s Reds will be forced to play in an alternate kit sources have revealed.

Liverpool currently boasts international stars including Italy striker Mario Balotelli, Croatian international Dejan Lovran and England internationals, striker Daniel Sturrige and winger Raheem Sterling.

Manager Brendan Rodgers coached former Adelaide United winger Fabio Ferreira (Central Coast) at Chelsea.

Liverpool also has a strong Australian presence with gloveman Brad Jones and young left back Brad Smith, 20, in its current squad.

Liverpool is expected to attract a record soccer crowd at Adelaide Oval after United drew more than 33,000 fans — a record for SA — to watch the Reds host Melbourne Victory last October.

It will be the first time Adelaide hosts the giants of soccer after Liverpool played in front of more than 95,000 fans against Melbourne Victory at the MCG in 2013.

The Adelaide Oval clash will also be book ended by the Australian edition of the International Champions Cup where Real Madrid host Roma on July 18 before Manchester City hosts Roma on July 21 both at the MCG.

City then hosts Real on July 24 in Melbourne.
Originally published as Date confirmed: Liverpool is coming to Adelaide

http://www.news.com.au/sport/football/l ... 7207318657

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#4188 Post by rev » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:31 pm

Adelaide Entertainment Corporation chief executive Anthony Kirchner said Coopers Stadium would be an ideal location for Liverpool training sessions.
Like it was ideal for the recent Asian Cup? Oh wait...

ChillyPhilly

#4189 Post by ChillyPhilly » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:04 am

rev wrote:
Like it was ideal for the recent Asian Cup? Oh wait...
Ideal for training, yes. Anywhere else and they'll probably roll a few ankles.
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#4190 Post by crawf » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:26 pm

Adelaide Oval looking absolutely beautiful tonight!

Buzz Feed

fifty
High Rise Poster!

#4191 Post by fifty » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:40 pm

Wow, amazing pictures, thanks Crawf!

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#4192 Post by crawf » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:00 am

I should note those photos are from Buzz Feed :)

Zills
High Rise Poster!

#4193 Post by Zills » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:27 am

WOW!!!!

Ho Really

#4194 Post by Ho Really » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:26 am

As an ex-photojournalist shots like this you dream about. When I saw the orange glow off my kitchen cabinets I knew there would be an interesting sunset and looked out of the window thinking someone down at Adelaide Oval is going to get a great image...and lo and behold. I remember Adelaide Advertiser (ex-News, The Australian) staff photographer Phil Hillyard taking an amazing sunset shot with the crowd similar to these during a Day-Night match at the old Adelaide Oval (with D. Bradman Stand, etc.). Can't remember the teams but I think it was during a World Series match. His shot I know wasn't Photoshopped. He shot it on film! These ones are great but adulterations have been made. Take a look at some of the other sunsets that were taken last night none look as impressive. Anyhow...the hot sunset was probably an omen for an Indian win!

Cheers

P.S. Should add. A great advertisement for Adelaide! And for you doubters out there. One off events targeted to the right countries gets you the right publicity. Those that are up-and-coming economies such as India and China, etc., with large populations and money to spend.
Confucius say: Dumb man climb tree to get cherry, wise man spread limbs.

Brucetiki
Legendary Member!

#4195 Post by Brucetiki » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:18 pm

Ho Really wrote:As an ex-photojournalist shots like this you dream about. When I saw the orange glow off my kitchen cabinets I knew there would be an interesting sunset and looked out of the window thinking someone down at Adelaide Oval is going to get a great image...and lo and behold. I remember Adelaide Advertiser (ex-News, The Australian) staff photographer Phil Hillyard taking an amazing sunset shot with the crowd similar to these during a Day-Night match at the old Adelaide Oval (with D. Bradman Stand, etc.). Can't remember the teams but I think it was during a World Series match. His shot I know wasn't Photoshopped. He shot it on film! These ones are great but adulterations have been made. Take a look at some of the other sunsets that were taken last night none look as impressive. Anyhow...the hot sunset was probably an omen for an Indian win!

Cheers

P.S. Should add. A great advertisement for Adelaide! And for you doubters out there. One off events targeted to the right countries gets you the right publicity. Those that are up-and-coming economies such as India and China, etc., with large populations and money to spend.
That would've been Australia v New Zealand in 1997 - the first ever D/N match at Adelaide Oval (and the only one with all four retractable light towers in use). Think it was around Christmas time as it was under the old cricket calendar set up where the tests and ODI's were mixed together and not separate.

skyliner

#4196 Post by skyliner » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:18 pm

On the news here in Brisbane about the India/Packy game - 55000 in Attendance! Extraordinary crowd noise. Announcers almost aghast at it all - great ad. for Ad Oval. Spoke VERY highly of the design. Booked out in 10 minutes! Good S-A chest thumping stuff!. :D :D :D :D

BTW - stunning photos Crawf!

ADELAIDE - TOWARDS A GREATER CITY SKYLINE
Jack.

Pikey
VIP Member
VIP Member

#4197 Post by Pikey » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:54 pm

I was reading today that the TV audience for yesterday's match is a new world record for any telecast event, 1.3 billion watching the game. To put it into perspective, this year's Superbowl attracted a global audience of 170 million.

I have a friend who lives in Bangalore in the heavily residential part of town, he went for a walk to his local store in between the Indian and Pakistan innings, and the streets were completely empty. Everyone was indoors watching the game.

What an incredible advertisement for our rad little city.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-02-15/i ... ia/6110832

Edit: have a read of this article from the BBC. It really sums up what yesterday felt like. It was singlehandedly one of the most incredible days I've had. The atmosphere was just unlike anything I've ever seen.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/cricket/31479487
Walking on over....

| Sensational-Adelaide.com Moderator |

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#4198 Post by crawf » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:05 am

#Adelaide was trending on Twitter tonight. :)

Maximus
Legendary Member!

#4199 Post by Maximus » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:49 pm

Now's probably a good time to remind Will of something he posted in July 2013...

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3335&start=3092

Still think that...? :)
It's = it is; its = everything else.
You're = you are; your = belongs to.
Than = comparative ("bigger than"); then = next.

ghs

#4200 Post by ghs » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:54 pm

It would be great if Australia play India here in Adelaide in a quarter final.