Introduction Thread

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
Ho Really
Super Size Scraper Poster!

Re: Introduction Thread

#226 Post by Ho Really » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:46 pm

HiTouch wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:37 pm
No Ho. It's not that we find this place boring or backward, we know Adelaide's potential and settling for rubbish developments are whats holding this awesome city back. Welcome Curls, I for one am glad you are on this forum. There are a few loose cannons on this forum, you'll figure out who.
Hi Touch, I didn't want to post this as this is the intro thread and if we start going on and on about this it will hijack the thread, So only for this time and we can post elsewhere more appropriate later if required.

This is from a YouTube... Adelaide City, South Australia | Travel Video from October 2019 and a comment I had to reply to:
J_Dubya77
2 months ago
Such a boring place

Ho Really
2 weeks ago
Take a look at this video and you'll see how boring Adelaide is... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OS1xScNk82o ...and this is only the tip of the iceberg. There are many more activities to keep you entertained. Cheers

J_Dubya77
2 weeks ago
@Ho Really you can make videos like this about every town.
I lived there for 20 years. It was expensive, dirty, freezing in winter, boiling in summer, no international acts, the sea water is ice cold even in summer, the utilities and taxes are through the roof, the schools are old with terrible resources, job opportunities are limited, it’s the worst city in Australia.
We know Adelaide has heaps of potential and we all agree rubbish developments is what we don't want. Unfortunately there are people like this person who will rubbish Adelaide to the hilt even with the living standards and lifestyle we already have. Perhaps a few more fellow forumites should add comments to that YouTube thread. Up to you.

Cheers
Confucius say: Dumb man climb tree to get cherry, wise man spread limbs.

mdawnf
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#227 Post by mdawnf » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:00 pm

Hi everyone,
Thought I'd introduce myself, my name's Maddy, just moved back to Adelaide (I grew up here) after living in Melbourne for 7 years!
I'm hoping to stay here long term and I'm keen on seeing Adelaide develop into the amazing city I know it has the potential to be. I think it's great already, of course, and look forward to getting to know it again! If anyone has any suggestions for things I should check out that would have opened in the last few years, please let me know. I did come back to visit family a few times each year I was gone, but a weekend here and there is not the same as being based here again!
:)

Ho Really

#228 Post by Ho Really » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:08 pm

Hi Maddy, welcome back to Adelaide. I'm sure a few here will give you the info you need. I'm a bit of a hermit (see my avatar). Hope you enjoy your time on the forum.

Cheers

jimyum
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#229 Post by jimyum » Tue Feb 14, 2023 2:34 am

Hi guys. My name is Jim. I am from the USA, but now I live in Armenia.

I first knew about Adelaide about 2-3 years ago and I love this city. By the way, if everything goes well with my work, I will visit this city next year.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#230 Post by Ben » Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:44 am

Welcome Jim. We hope to have you visit when you are able to.

Ho Really

#231 Post by Ho Really » Wed Feb 15, 2023 2:47 pm

Welcome to the forum Jim. Hope you visit Adelaide and perhaps even settle here.

Cheers